Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new ICBF Proofs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Proofs for April 2015 now up on www.icbf.com in Excel format.

http://www.icbf.com/?page_id=200

I'm beginning to sound like I work for ICBF.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Proofs for April 2015 now up on www.icbf.com in Excel format.

I'm beginning to sound like I work for ICBF.:)

Feck you Pat, there's the morning gone, just like that. Could you not wait till tonight:pac:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

Is anyone else getting lots of texts and calls from icbf trying to sell Gene Ireland straws? They mustn't be selling very well this year.

tanko wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting lots of texts and calls from icbf trying to sell Gene Ireland straws? They mustn't be selling very well this year.
    Nope, last time I used ai they waited till the few calves I got were weaned before I paid them. I reckon I got slops from sexed semen.

Has anyone noticed any big shifts? Couple of bulls I used are up 7 or 8 points for maternal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 p dogg

blue5000 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed any big shifts? Couple of bulls I used are up 7 or 8 points for maternal.

I have two pbnr curaheen apostle heifers, 20 months and 12 months, the 20 month old heifer is fingers crossed in calf to curaheen vio around 2 months, two good heifers they are but apostles latest proofs are dreadful, gone from around €180 maternal to €95 maternal, that's some drop!

p dogg wrote: »
    I have two pbnr curaheen apostle heifers, 20 months and 12 months, the 20 month old heifer is fingers crossed in calf to curaheen vio around 2 months, two good heifers they are but apostles latest proofs are dreadful, gone from around €180 maternal to €95 maternal, that's some drop!
    Ya the milk seems to be low, there's going to be a lot of ppl pissed off with that, the daughters must be no good to calve either, 10% diff but all depends what they are in calf to.

Still if you look under prev evaluations at aa bull aynho rossiter spllleing! his maternal figures are nearly halved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

p dogg wrote: »
    .....but apostles latest proofs are dreadful, gone from around €180 maternal to €95 maternal, that's some drop!

I wouldn't pay any attention to that. His milk figures are only 22% reliability, so no data really. I've only the one APZ calf but he's growing like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

GADDAGH CUDDY REEKS has dropped a bit. 346 now, think he was 379 before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Ya the milk seems to be low, there's going to be a lot of ppl pissed off with that, the daughters must be no good to calve either, 10% diff but all depends what they are in calf to.

Still if you look under prev evaluations at aa bull aynho rossiter spllleing! his maternal figures are nearly halved.

Having used rossiter I'm not surprised as they are poor cattle. Lot of him used in pb though as some ai's with vested interest moved him high on icbf agenda. Icbf maternal prog contained a lot of his sons in short list. Some of his sons in ai tough calvers. Noticed bosullow elmark is trying to catch the Charolais for calving difficulty and become an Angus cow killer....At over 7 per cent. One of his sons went into maternal prog last year and I have not seen him in gene Ireland yet.. Would like to know why he has not featured yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

Bellview wrote: »
    Having used rossiter I'm not surprised as they are poor cattle. Lot of him used in pb though as some ai's with vested interest moved him high on icbf agenda. Icbf maternal prog contained a lot of his sons in short list. Some of his sons in ai tough calvers. Noticed bosullow elmark is trying to catch the Charolais for calving difficulty and become an Angus cow killer....At over 7 per cent. One of his sons went into maternal prog last year and I have not seen him in gene Ireland yet.. Would like to know why he has not featured yet

Curaheen Tyson-TSO has dropped a lot too. Was €243 maternal, now only €216, and was up at €296 in Dec 13.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Tut, tut, 2 days late already.....

http://www.icbf.com/?page_id=208

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Salerchamp

The release of the updates is actually the highlight of my quarter! Love seeing if any bulls I've sold are producing the goods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Tut, tut, 2 days late already.....

http://www.icbf.com/?page_id=208

That's unusual :rolleyes:

The December proof is never on time. It'll be another week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭stanflt

Updated

I stand corrected

Dairy only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Dairy only

I'm afraid of these new proofs, bought a bull earlier on in the year thinking he would comply for the scheme. 2 weeks and one new proof later and he was nearly star less!

Beef Proofs up now in Excel file;

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Rubbish Internet here can't cope with that file. What is the calving difficulty for FSZ and ZAG now?

• Advertisement

Rubbish Internet here can't cope with that file. What is the calving difficulty for FSZ and ZAG now?

ZAG now at 4.9% CD. FSZ still same

The NCBC Simmental bull Keeldrum Capone, KEZ is looking like a good bull too.
    5.6% Calving (95% rel), weaning Wt and weaning price look good but docility not great. No milk figures yet.

The NCBC Simmental bull Keeldrum Capone, KEZ is looking like a good bull too.
    5.6% Calving (95% rel), weaning Wt and weaning price look good but docility not great. No milk figures yet.
    aye, they badly need some decent SI bulls, the carryon a few years ago with curheen apostle was bad form-they were pushing him like mad and hes a one star now, with poor scores. More quality SI bulls please NCBC. I notice the column for "active available" is not in the december file-so you havent a clue whether you will get straws or not

Beef Proofs up now in Excel file;

Thanks Patsy. Looking at this is better than being out in the rain anyway. Buying a bull these days is a like a lucky dip, or as forest gump would say 'Mama used always say life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get'

MLJ is gone up from 115 to 145 for maternal, so this should help my bull's figures anyway.

Bellview might be happy too, aynho rossiter has dropped a good bit!

Is there much change with GJB, ZFL and BJG?

Is there much change with GJB, ZFL and BJG?

ZFL AA 2010 LISDUFF DANDY K895 SEBULLS €102 78 4 67 5 82
    old €94 maternal

GJB AA 2010 GOULDING JUMBO KING K436 ET NCBC €93 81 3 54 4 76
    old €102 maternal

BJG AA 2012 BUNLAHY JOHN G ET SEBULLS €109 42 4 76 5 86
    old €96 maternal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Thanks Patsy. Looking at this is better than being out in the rain anyway. Buying a bull these days is a like a lucky dip, or as forest gump would say 'Mama used always say life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get'

MLJ is gone up from 115 to 145 for maternal, so this should help my bull's figures anyway.

Bellview might be happy too, aynho rossiter has dropped a good bit!

MLJ doing a nice job, on sat there were even a few MLJ sons that had cattle there which is a great sign of a bull when you see the grand kids...

U know me too well... only pity with Rossiter numbers is that it took so long to reflect what is the reality (although he is still rated too high IMO)... proves the UK system of numbers is as poor as ours. Unfortunately though a lot of harm has already been done as there are 3 sons in AI and the past 4 years as breeders we were told use Rossiter to get decent cattle.

Bunlahy is a beef mans bull though... great cattle but not for a dairy man. even within beef herds I would advise against him getting used on heifers just had a check Coneyisland has jumped up to 39 from 22.. still some way to go... and Nord is scoring worse at -29.. ironically some of Nord grand kids made over 4k on Saturday and a Coneylisland made just under 6k

Poor Ardlea Dan (ADX) hasn't enough milk to colour the tae. Now in the bottom 1% for milk.

Poor Ardlea Dan (ADX) hasn't enough milk to colour the tae. Now in the bottom 1% for milk.

When you look at his breeding his daughters were never going to be any good for milk. Both his sire Vivaldi and mothers sire Nenuphar are very poor for it.
    He should never have been given 5* for daughters milk to start with.
    Paper doesn't refuse ink in those feckin Ai catalogues.

• Advertisement

I think the simmenthal society need to start a slaughter scheme, there is almost 50 bulls in ai that are 1 star for maternal AND terminal. That's just within breed. Have they included dairy simmenthals as well?:confused:

Advertisement