Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New 365 online website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

PSK arrived in the post today :) So 5 days or so from ordering on the phone.

May update how I get on with it if anyone is interested.

Edit> So it works, relatively easy to set up and use. Still a bit of a long winded process to put in your 4 digit key to get a 6 digit code you have then to type into your browser. On the plus side once setup the web page tells you exactly what to do so no need to refer to any other instructions.
    Hi, Can I ask you how was the Device delivered. Normal Post or DHL or Other?
    Normal post - not signed for or anything. Half A4 size envelope with two thick paper stiffeners inside plus 3 pages of instructions and the device.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Morgan The Moon

Thanks for that, did you have to pay anything for it or the postage. I am concerned that it might get lost somehow. I am out of the country at the moment, they say change my address and they will post it to the new address! What do you think, has anybody else on here done it? 

I pay the ******** €5 a month for the privilege of them having at least 5k of mine, if they charged me anything extra I can assure you I'd have already mentioned it  ;)

I don't see any problem with the delivery as its not signed for and it isn't exactly obvious whats inside. 

I pay the ******** €5 a month for the privilege of them having at least 5k of mine, if they charged me anything extra I can assure you I'd have already mentioned it  ;)

I don't see any problem with the delivery as its not signed for and it isn't exactly obvious whats inside. 
    Thanks for that. I tried to get the same info buy phone but as lots of others say, got stuck on hold then cut of before speaking to a human. To get an answer as to when the cut off date is going to be seems impossible. May be the reps might read this and post an answer on Monday. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks for that. I tried to get the same info buy phone but as lots of others say, got stuck on hold then cut of before speaking to a human. To get an answer as to when the cut off date is going to be seems impossible. May be the reps might read this and post an answer on Monday. Thanks again.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We are very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing less than desirable holding times. Please be advised that our dedicated mobile app team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday on 0818200362 or 0035312500362.  All customers will need to be using either the mobile app or have a Physical Security key to access there accounts as the legacy website will no longer be available in the coming weeks.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

One simple question - is there a way to filter for just lodgments/Money In.  
     - I did try the "Lodgements/Credit" for February 2021 but nothing came up.
     - I did try loads of other filter options but no joy

Little A wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. To filter transactions on your account please log into the account, select current account and filter completed transactions. Select either all, month or specific date range and the transactions type.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks Jen

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. To filter transactions on your account please log into the account, select current account and filter completed transactions. Select either all, month or specific date range and the transactions type.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks Jen
    This is exactly what I did and nothing came up but there were plenty of lodgments.

The new layout just showing Money In/Out as a plus sign (+) or minus (-) is not working for me. 

The new site is woeful, for reasons to numerous to mention but if I can do the above it will help a tiny bit. 

Hi there,

I hope this helps.
    Thanks Jen
    This is exactly what I did and nothing came up but there were plenty of lodgments.

The new layout just showing Money In/Out as a plus sign (+) or minus (-) is not working for me. 

The new site is woeful, for reasons to numerous to mention but if I can do the above it will help a tiny bit. 
    Thanks for getting back to us here. To have this looked into further for you we would recommend that you raise this by logging into your account, select services and scroll down to send us a message and one of our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this.

We do appreciate all feedback we receive and we will be sure to pass this on.

Thanks jen

I got hold of the department by phone and it appears that that function is not active....go figure!!  They will follow up to see if it even exists or is a technical glitch etc.  

Interesting, everyone I have spoken to is assuming I am on the mobile app....it seem us desktop users no longer exist !!  

A business user cannot feasibly work of a mobile phone. 

• Advertisement

I got hold of the department by phone and it appears that that function is not active....go figure!!  They will follow up to see if it even exists or is a technical glitch etc.  

Interesting, everyone I have spoken to is assuming I am on the mobile app....it seem us desktop users no longer exist !!  

A business user cannot feasibly work of a mobile phone. 
    Thanks for getting back to us here. Please be assured that the team will look into this and respond to you as soon as possible. The layout of both the mobile app and the desktop is the very same to avoid confusion with our customers each functionality will be in the same place no matter how you log into the account.

We hope this provides further clarity, thanks Jen

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We are very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing less than desirable holding times. Please be advised that our dedicated mobile app team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday on 0818200362 or 0035312500362.  All customers will need to be using either the mobile app or have a Physical Security key to access there accounts as the legacy website will no longer be available in the coming weeks.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen
    Hi Jen,
              Thanks for coming back re the above. Do you know is there a minimum or maximum time with regard to activating the PSK once it has been dispatched to the address the bank has on file? My concern is that in January, I had a registered letter posted from Ireland to an address in Germany and it took over four weeks to arrive due to the Covid 19 mail disruptions. Does anybody know when the original log in site will cease to operate? Is it possible to post this date on this site? Trying to make phone calls and still not getting a answer other than "the coming weeks" is costly and annoying.   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Thanks for coming back re the above. Do you know is there a minimum or maximum time with regard to activating the PSK once it has been dispatched to the address the bank has on file? My concern is that in January, I had a registered letter posted from Ireland to an address in Germany and it took over four weeks to arrive due to the Covid 19 mail disruptions. Does anybody know when the original log in site will cease to operate? Is it possible to post this date on this site? Trying to make phone calls and still not getting a answer other than "the coming weeks" is costly and annoying.   
    Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're just checking the timeframe for activating this PSK. We'll be back to you with an update as soon as possible.

The original 365 site will cease from the 31st of March. We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

We're just checking the timeframe for activating this PSK. We'll be back to you with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard,
                            That certainly helps!  The time frame will really help in making a decision whether to have it posted to the address in Ireland and then have it forwarded in registered mail or change the address on the web site then hope it might arrive in unsecured international mail. 

Back again to add how poor I think the website design is.

Having to put the cursor in the correct box before you start typing numbers is just rubbish.

Then having to authenticate yourself for every transaction after you have fully authenticated yourself to get logged on is the pits.

I'm use the PSK which BoI obviously don't want people using and it seems they have made the process as poor and slow as possible for PSK uses so they swap over to using the phone. This is evidenced by the note on the bottom of the page when you have to use the PSK to authenticate after each and every transaction which says something like *If you want to do the faster use the phone app*.

Trust BoI to design a system that has me cursing them every time I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭Tow

I'm use the PSK which BoI obviously don't want people using and it seems they have made the process as poor and slow as possible for PSK uses so they swap over to using the phone. This is evidenced by the note on the bottom of the page when you have to use the PSK to authenticate after each and every transaction which says something like *If you want to do the faster use the phone app*.

Is is possible to setup both a PSK and phone/Android device for access?  I have been told it is not, but this may just be a training issue.  The website says you can have multiple devices (for backup) and a device requires a custom name.  I have issues getting notifications on a phone running the latest build of Android One.

I can see huge issues with their reliance on phones, just wait until people are back traveling around the world and cannot access their banks accounts.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »

Is is possible to setup both a PSK and phone/Android device for access?  I have been told it is not, but this may just be a training issue.  The website says you can have multiple devices (for backup) and a device requires a custom name.  I have issues getting notifications on a phone running the latest build of Android One.

I can see huge issues with their reliance on phones, just wait until people are back traveling around the world and cannot access their banks accounts.
    Obviously as I said I have the PSK. Now that I have it as soon as I put my in my usual credentials it prompts me for the code from the psk. I can't see how you could have both set up but don't forget I'm not using the app only the desktop login.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Tow wrote: »

Hi Tow,

You can certainly set up multiple mobile security devices to log in. These can include smartphones and tablets. The PSK would only be available for customers without access to one of these. We do appreciate your comments and will absolutely pass your interest on to our development team.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard,
                            That certainly helps!  The time frame will really help in making a decision whether to have it posted to the address in Ireland and then have it forwarded in registered mail or change the address on the web site then hope it might arrive in unsecured international mail. 
    Hello again Richard,
                                  Still waiting for the information on the timeframe for initialising the device. Due to the Covid Pandemic I am stuck in Germany for the foreseeable future, I would really appreciate a timely answer to enable me to consider the options as detailed in the previous posts.

Thanks Morg   

• Advertisement

Hello again Richard,
                                  Still waiting for the information on the timeframe for initialising the device. Due to the Covid Pandemic I am stuck in Germany for the foreseeable future, I would really appreciate a timely answer to enable me to consider the options as detailed in the previous posts.

Thanks Morg   
    Best I can offer is that I've just checked the instructions that come with the PSK and there is no indication of how long you have to initialise the device.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard,
    Hello again Richard,

Thanks Morg   
    Hi There Morg,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We replied to an original post on this apologies if this has been missed. We recommend that you activate your Physical Security key(PSK) as soon as possible after you receive it. This will ensure that you can continue to access online banking and make your account more secure. There is no defined period that you have to activate the PSK, however our legacy systems will be replaced in March and the PSK must be activated to access 365 online after that time.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen

Hello again Richard,

Thanks Morg   
    Best I can offer is that I've just checked the instructions that come with the PSK and there is no indication of how long you have to initialise the device.
    Thanks for that again, the bank should be paying you. I have had more useful advice from you than those on the phone, that is when you manage to get to talk to one.

Thanks Morg 

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard,
    Hello again Richard,

Thanks Morg   
    Hi There Morg,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We replied to an original post on this apologies if this has been missed. We recommend that you activate your Physical Security key(PSK) as soon as possible after you receive it. This will ensure that you can continue to access online banking and make your account more secure. There is no defined period that you have to activate the PSK, however our legacy systems will be replaced in March and the PSK must be activated to access 365 online after that time.

Thanks Jen
    Thanks Jen, 
                       I will go down the route of having it sent to my Irish address and then it will be forwarded to me by insured post. I'll update on here how I get on.

For now Ciao, 

Morg

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard,
    Hello again Richard,

Thanks Morg   
    Hi There Morg,

Thanks Jen
    Thanks Jen, 
                       I will go down the route of having it sent to my Irish address and then it will be forwarded to me by insured post. I'll update on here how I get on.

For now Ciao, 

Morg
    Please feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else. Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Still awaiting for extra time on the Swipe on pc message on my android phone as 3 times got logged off awaiting for code to be sent to phone and not received.

Just to add phone beside me with app open awaiting message for Swipe to be received and then swipe for allowing access to account on pc.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Still awaiting for extra time on the Swipe on pc message on my android phone as 3 times got logged off awaiting for code to be sent to phone and not received.

Just to add phone beside me with app open awaiting message for Swipe to be received and then swipe for allowing access to account on pc.
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. When you have the mobile app open in front of you, please select the option for Added Online Security this will bring the notification up for you immediately and will allow you to complete the login process through the website.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Hi, is there a problem with the app on apple devices today?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JamesGrimshaw

I pay roughly 35 people on a Monday, individual and varying amounts, what took 25 mins on a slow day now takes over an hour.

Your new system is bad ... very bad.

The 3 "Are you sure?" checks, makes me so bored I literally have to fight my eyes from dozing off. I know they are a good idea, but when you overuse this you bore people increasing the chances of mistakes.
    The overuse of security checks. Literally asking me for security checks for each payment, my passcode and on my mobile device, not the overall sessions.
    Then each request has a 2-3 second delay. I can tell it a badly coded system that probably relies on POST curls. You modernised the design but you can just tell that it's running on slow tech.

Then today the transfer limit kicked in, stopping me after 11,250? Every other Monday my limit has been 20k, now today you stop me at some arbitrary number.

Your system is not a pleasure to use ... I would say its barely convenient, and I keep asking myself why am I putting up with this. I should just leave.

• Advertisement

I pay roughly 35 people on a Monday, individual and varying amounts, what took 25 mins on a slow day now takes over an hour.

Your new system is bad ... very bad.

The 3 "Are you sure?" checks, makes me so bored I literally have to fight my eyes from dozing off. I know they are a good idea, but when you overuse this you bore people increasing the chances of mistakes.
    The overuse of security checks. Literally asking me for security checks for each payment, my passcode and on my mobile device, not the overall sessions.
    Then each request has a 2-3 second delay. I can tell it a badly coded system that probably relies on POST curls. You modernised the design but you can just tell that it's running on slow tech.

Then today the transfer limit kicked in, stopping me after 11,250? Every other Monday my limit has been 20k, now today you stop me at some arbitrary number.

Your system is not a pleasure to use ... I would say its barely convenient, and I keep asking myself why am I putting up with this. I should just leave.
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting back to us here today. Since the introduction of Strong customer authentication there is additional security measures in place to protect customer accounts. Please be assured that we do certainly appreciate your feedback and we will certainly pass this on.

With regards to the limits applied if the beneficiary was added to your account prior to changes being made on Banking 365 online the transfer limit will remain at 10,000 per day.

The transfer limit of 20,000 per day applies to all new beneficiaries that have been added on the new mobile app.

I hope this helps to clarify this for you.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement