Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Bullseye1 wrote: »

That's very nice ...although not a chronograph (and probably not a chronometer either :D) ...but very good looking

I think it's an IWC Porto homage. But for the money you cannot go wrong.

Just read that Paul Sheeran has up to 40% off watches including omega. Might be worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

Just read that Paul Sheeran has up to 40% off watches including omega. Might be worth a look.

Pretty sure that's off one particular Omega they are trying to shift. Definitely not 40% off the likes of IWC etc.

Do you know what model?

New old stock Raketa Domino for 25 quid buy it now

$(KGrHqMOKowE54(GBSmGBOn-zUK9i!~~60_12.JPG
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-Vintage-Raketa-2428-Doppelkalender-made-USSR-NOS-Papiere-Box-/270837501700?pt=DE_Kleidung_Schmuck_Accessoires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item3f0f2c4f04

Lovely little watch, even if it doesn't look it in those pics.

Reason I'm not buying:
    I've already got one (and I paid more than that :()

Well Speedmasters and Planet Oceans are covered under that promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I would if I had the money :/

I've wanted one of them for a while

Had a quick look in Sheerans and specifically at the Omega section. The Speedmaster was reduced from €7,500 to €6,500 or something similar. I thought this watch sold for around the €3500-€4000 mark?? It was the black faced Moon Watch version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Had a quick look in Sheerans and specifically at the Omega section. The Speedmaster was reduced from €7,500 to €6,500 or something similar. I thought this watch sold for around the €3500-€4000 mark?? It was the black faced Moon Watch version.

That's a crazy price! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That's a crazy price! :eek:

Sheerans ceased to be an Omega AD sometime ago and put up a sign stating 20% off all Oega stock - there's a thread somewhere about a DeVille Hoe Vision at more like 40% off. I had a look at their stock many months ago and seem to remember they gad an LE meteorite dial Speedmaster. Might that have been the one you saw?

Is that a special edition? To be fair it did not look much different from other SM. I cannot ever recall seeing a Speedy at that price. It's getting up there with Rolex Subs and DSD.

Is that a special edition? To be fair it did not look much different from other SM. I cannot ever recall seeing a Speedy at that price. It's getting up there with Rolex Subs and DSD.

There's any number of limited edition Speedmasters, 35th and 40th anniversaries of the 1969 moon landing, 50th anniversary of Speedy launch in 1957, Alaska Project 40th anniversary (the one I own) and the 35th Apollo-Soyuz which isthe meteorite dial I mentioned. Sone are not very different from what you might think of as a standard Speedy - it may have been a 50th anniversary one which came in a limit of 1957 pieces.

A Speedmaster is probably more comparable to a Daytona than a dive watch but I agree with you that sone LEs can be pretty pricy. Ultimately the standard manual wind, Hesalite Speedy is the most traditional and generally good value!

All that being said, I like the non traditional White dial on mine and the red aluminium supplementary case.

Yeah it's more comparable to the Daytona in look. I meant that the prices where reaching those levels.

They did have a silver dialed Speedy for around $3750 or thereabouts. I should have taken a picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Yeah it's more comparable to the Daytona in look. I meant that the prices where reaching those levels.

They did have a silver dialed Speedy for around $3750 or thereabouts. I should have taken a picture.

What would a good price to pay for a omega speedmaster be?

New ones are about €4000. But you could pick up a good pre-owned one for anything between €1500-€2000.

New ones are about €4000. But you could pick up a good pre-owned one for anything between €1500-€2000.

thanks for gettingback to me they really are a lovely wath. The one that was up on adverts is now on ebay.

Yeah. He is also asking for alot more money which is strange.

• Advertisement

Yeah. He is also asking for alot more money which is strange.

Probably because of the advice he got in his adverts thread. Also he doesn't mention its running fast on ebay so maybe he has had it repaired. I think im going to bid on it. I have fallen in love with it.

Good luck. I'd offer him what he wanted on adverts and no more if I were you.

Interesting; I paid a lot less than £3500 for a new one in 2006. It's a good watch which I haven't worn for a few months but will get it out tomorrow.

You paid less for a new one? Don't these sell for €7000+?

You paid less for a new one? Don't these sell for €7000+?

I was living in Hong Kong at the time and I can recall pushing them to 37% off the retail price which was already substantially lower as there is no VAT there. I think I paid around £2,800-3,000 max which would gave been my top end at the time. The next IWC I bought was a Big Pilot new for $8800 from a US dealer - I think it was £7,500 in the UK at the time. I have no worries about the veracity of either of them, both bought from ADs and both serviced/repaired by IWC in Schaffhausen since then.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. It's unlikely the ADs here would be so generous with their discounts.

Not a watch this time, but a handy tool.

spotted this in LIDL today
    IE_66454wk43_01_b.jpg
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_14549.htm
    discard the crocodile clamps and the soldering iron holder and you got yourself a nice magnifying glass with light and stand to look at your watches for 6 Euro

This might interest some. A 1940's Tissot "Bullseye" dial.
    http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165579

Nice, vintage Raketa with day/date (and date quickset funktion) for 17 quid delivered.

P1000464.JPG

Not too small either at 37 mm and seems to have a guilloche dial.
    Apply some polywatch and elbow grease and this could turn out quite well

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RAKETA-CAL-2628-H-VINTAGE-USSR-WRIST-WATCH-37x37mm-Dial-Day-Date-/110751596062?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19c94f3e1e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Not my kind of thing but that's a verrrrrrrrrrry competitive price.

If I was looking for one, or something similar, I'd go down on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

On a bargain watches related note. Cracked open my 2409 amphibia and adjusted it so its running at -5 second per 24 hr. I'm quite happy with that. Previously it was at -60 seconds per day. :D

Any thoughts on this watch?

It's a current production, handy-windy Komandirskie, looks genuine to me.

Don't know the seller, so can't comment.

(Personally, I don't like it ...but that's just a matter of taste)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »

With a folded metal bracelet?

highly unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭flutered

then again i used to be in touch with a guy from singapore who had fakes for sale, but was willing to be $500 that a normal ad could not say it was fake, the guys over on tz-uk should/would know, especially forum member omegamatic.

The only thing that makes that particular watch look "real" is the name ...remove that from the dial and you're looking at a cheapo pile o'crap (and it's ugly to boot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

peasant wrote:
    .remove that from the dial and you're looking at a cheapo pile o'crap (and it's ugly to boot)

That's exactly what I've made myself do in general, and it's funny what watches I'm not into anymore when I forget about the brand name (most Breitlings being an example).

And yeah, that particular watch looks tacky and cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

I think Omega always have their name on the movement. Can not see it. The omega stamp on the bracelet, does not look right.

Just my thoughts.

• Advertisement

No cheapo Russian today :D

$(KGrHqV,!h0E6HY5W2oZBOn!12iWLg~~60_12.JPG$(KGrHqZ,!j!E6IiDP,93BOn!2!0T6w~~60_12.JPG$(KGrHqJ,!j!E6IdOehm6BOn!2JOSDg~~60_12.JPG

Meistersinger Unomatik UM202

Sells on Amazon for 2200 Stg ...can be got HERE for a "lean" 1450 Euro, incl warranty, box, papers

That's a beauty.

Tourbillon for $580. Pretty nice dress watch too.
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-tourbillon-mens-watch-607029.html

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Tourbillon for $580. Pretty nice dress watch too.
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-tourbillon-mens-watch-607029.html

Thats a Chinese Millionsmart Tourbillon 1801.

I bought one about a year ago (around $350 I think).

My one had a steel case with a black dial.

I left in my brothers house when visiting him at Easter (in Australia :eek:), he keeps forgetting to send it to me!!!!;)

You can also get it with a rose gold or pvd case also.

Very nice. How was it in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Very nice. How was it in person?

Lovely watch, the tourbillion moving is hypnotic.

It is around 40-41mm wide without crown, not much to look at on the back.

The croc strap is a bit stiff, meaning to change it.

Not a fan of the textured bezel prefer a smooth one. (smooth bezel on the rose gold and pvd case if I remember)

It keeps good time, the 50hrs power reserve is fairy reliable.

$(KGrHqIOKkIE6Pw1CkDsBOrUkL7kcQ~~60_12.JPG$(KGrHqF,!hME6ZwtGRq!BOrUkJYlEw~~60_12.JPG

A Vostok Europe K3 Submarine in seemingly excellent used condition.

Yours for 120 Euro buy it now, if you're quick

http://www.ebay.de/itm/VOSTOK-EUROPE-K-3-SUBMARINE-2432-0325032-/160685478892?pt=ES_Relojes_de_pulsera&hash=item256999d3ec

That genereation VE is really well made, with well regulated Vostok movements and of a size that's wearable every day (41 mm in this case)

EDIT: ...and it's sold ....(anyone from here?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

I bought this watch, thanks for the heads up, will let ye know how i get on.

I bought this watch

*gulp* ...I just hope there's nothing wrong with it now

• Advertisement

There is a Rolex from 1956 on TZ-UK for those who maybe interested. Seller looking for £1500 and it's a beauty.

Advertisement