Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I would put it on a navy blue leather strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Not a watch ...something completely different :D

For the old farts among us who remember slide rules ...here's a round one:

kl_2_2009111.JPG
    kl_2_2009112.JPG

ye olde style pocket calculator :D

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VINTAGE-SOVIET-POCKET-MECHANICAL-CALCULATOR-SLIDE-RULE-/120787646700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1f8138ec

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Radio controlled watch for 12 quid? Yes please. No idea of the quality, I might buy one just to have a beater for caving. Might also be handy for setting other things off :D

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_14177.htm

BX 19 wrote: »
    I might buy one just to have a beater for caving.

you might to have to wrap it in a plastic bag for doing that :D
    Waterproof to 1 bar

• Advertisement

Ahhh feck thought that said 10 bar rather then one :o

Meistersinger Perigraph single hand $800.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-meistersinger-perigraph-single-hand-watch-596938.html

Man this is very temping. However you would have to convince the seller to ship outside the US.

In town today and dropped into the Powerscourt Centre to see if that Tag Heritage was still there no luck.

There was however if anyone is interested a Omega PO XL with bracelet and orange bezel for €2000 although the owner said he would consider offers. He has all package and papers.

Also a Submariner circa 2001 there for €4750 again will consider offers.

A few others there including a Breitling Chrono, Bell & Ross and another old Vintage Heuer Chrono black face for €2000.

The store is Corrs on the first floor.

Today I'm not buying one of these:

W-VS002_01.jpg
    W-VS002.jpg

Yours for 9.99 including shipping :D:D:D

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Jaragar-Automatik-Armbanduhr-Uhr-Kollektion-Chronograph-Chrono-W-VS2-/170699636198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&var=&hash=item6d70a231ff

If I had children nieces nephews at the right age I would though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭flutered

that brand are of the very worst quality on this earth, i was given a sample of two different ones to try them out, they ran for six hours before requireing a rest, i tried them the following day they ran for less, they seem to have minds of their own, i think that no oil is used on them, also the numbers leave the dial and end up stuck to the glass.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »

That's very nice ...although not a chronograph (and probably not a chronometer either :D) ...but very good looking

I think it's an IWC Porto homage. But for the money you cannot go wrong.

Just read that Paul Sheeran has up to 40% off watches including omega. Might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Homer

Just read that Paul Sheeran has up to 40% off watches including omega. Might be worth a look.

Pretty sure that's off one particular Omega they are trying to shift. Definitely not 40% off the likes of IWC etc.

Do you know what model?

New old stock Raketa Domino for 25 quid buy it now

$(KGrHqMOKowE54(GBSmGBOn-zUK9i!~~60_12.JPG
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-Vintage-Raketa-2428-Doppelkalender-made-USSR-NOS-Papiere-Box-/270837501700?pt=DE_Kleidung_Schmuck_Accessoires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item3f0f2c4f04

Lovely little watch, even if it doesn't look it in those pics.

Reason I'm not buying:
    I've already got one (and I paid more than that :()

Well Speedmasters and Planet Oceans are covered under that promotion.

I would if I had the money :/

I've wanted one of them for a while

Had a quick look in Sheerans and specifically at the Omega section. The Speedmaster was reduced from €7,500 to €6,500 or something similar. I thought this watch sold for around the €3500-€4000 mark?? It was the black faced Moon Watch version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Had a quick look in Sheerans and specifically at the Omega section. The Speedmaster was reduced from €7,500 to €6,500 or something similar. I thought this watch sold for around the €3500-€4000 mark?? It was the black faced Moon Watch version.

That's a crazy price! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That's a crazy price! :eek:

Sheerans ceased to be an Omega AD sometime ago and put up a sign stating 20% off all Oega stock - there's a thread somewhere about a DeVille Hoe Vision at more like 40% off. I had a look at their stock many months ago and seem to remember they gad an LE meteorite dial Speedmaster. Might that have been the one you saw?

Is that a special edition? To be fair it did not look much different from other SM. I cannot ever recall seeing a Speedy at that price. It's getting up there with Rolex Subs and DSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is that a special edition? To be fair it did not look much different from other SM. I cannot ever recall seeing a Speedy at that price. It's getting up there with Rolex Subs and DSD.

There's any number of limited edition Speedmasters, 35th and 40th anniversaries of the 1969 moon landing, 50th anniversary of Speedy launch in 1957, Alaska Project 40th anniversary (the one I own) and the 35th Apollo-Soyuz which isthe meteorite dial I mentioned. Sone are not very different from what you might think of as a standard Speedy - it may have been a 50th anniversary one which came in a limit of 1957 pieces.

A Speedmaster is probably more comparable to a Daytona than a dive watch but I agree with you that sone LEs can be pretty pricy. Ultimately the standard manual wind, Hesalite Speedy is the most traditional and generally good value!

All that being said, I like the non traditional White dial on mine and the red aluminium supplementary case.

Yeah it's more comparable to the Daytona in look. I meant that the prices where reaching those levels.

They did have a silver dialed Speedy for around $3750 or thereabouts. I should have taken a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Yeah it's more comparable to the Daytona in look. I meant that the prices where reaching those levels.

They did have a silver dialed Speedy for around $3750 or thereabouts. I should have taken a picture.

What would a good price to pay for a omega speedmaster be?

New ones are about €4000. But you could pick up a good pre-owned one for anything between €1500-€2000.

New ones are about €4000. But you could pick up a good pre-owned one for anything between €1500-€2000.

thanks for gettingback to me they really are a lovely wath. The one that was up on adverts is now on ebay.

Yeah. He is also asking for alot more money which is strange.

• Advertisement

Yeah. He is also asking for alot more money which is strange.

Probably because of the advice he got in his adverts thread. Also he doesn't mention its running fast on ebay so maybe he has had it repaired. I think im going to bid on it. I have fallen in love with it.

Advertisement