Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

Hamilton Khaki automatic on textile strap £213.76 2 in stock
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hamilton-Analogue-Mechanical-Textile-H69419933/dp/B0001WO7GK/

This is back up at that price.
    Is this a good deal?
    I really like Hamilton watches.

I was going to buy one down in Kildare Village the other day but the shop assistants never stopped pestering me, so I couldn't have a proper look & just walked out annoyed.

This is back up at that price.
    Is this a good deal?
    I really like Hamilton watches.

I was going to buy one down in Kildare Village the other day but the shop assistants never stopped pestering me, so I couldn't have a proper look & just walked out annoyed.
    It's a good deal relative to what other places are charging.

Whether the watch itself is worth the cost is very subjective. You can get a Seiko SNZG field watch for €100 (albeit without sapphire). So does that make the Hamilton overpriced? It's really up to the individual.

Note that it's only 38mm and it is only hand-wind (I spoke too quickly above)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

Yes your right & that model doesn't look anything special.
    Im in no rush to get a Hamilton so I'll let that one pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

• Registered Users Posts: 64,789 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's class scotchy. Hope your brother is happy with his new watch. And with having such a sound brother :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Id get him the socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

jh79 wrote: »

I'm not happy with you........... I ended up buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Stock was going up and down for exactly this reason - they didn't want to oversell so they were listing a few units at a time and then topping up. Seems they got it wrong and oversold anyway but it's the way she goes. I posted it enough times that imo anyone who wanted one would have gotten one.

I had tried night before when there was 3 in stock let me add to basket. But then when I went to pay it said it couldn't deliver.

Supposedly 3 in stock Friday when I ordered too. So their system must be very slow to update.

Anyway for bargain alerts considering getting this instead not quite as good value but still very well priced Casio G shock @ ~€112 gaw-100b-1aer
    Solar and radio controlled. Bit bigger than the G steel at 53mm though and not quite as nice looking but still I very nice watch I think.

pol_pl_Zegarek-Casio-G-Shock-GAW-100B-1AER-Solar-Wave-Ceptor-5454_2.jpg

Was waiting for funds to be returned to order it and was going to order it last night when I checked again to see one G steel was back in stock! Emailed about it and they got back apologising and saying they'd refund the difference if I ordered it. Hopefully it works out this time! :eek:

Some good value on watchshop.com I was considering too. They have some nice Waveceptors and Edifice's if you were looking for something dressier as a daily beater.

GW-M5610-1ERfor €84

GW-B5600-2ER for €124 has bluetooth but I've seen a lot of comments that the Casio app is fairly poor.

Extra 10% of the cheapest watch if you buy two!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Have any of you guys used watches2u before? Mine still hasnt arrived and it was shown as shipped from Germany last friday.

I haven't used them personally, but if you used the free international shipping I wouldn't be too concerned yet. They used Deutsche Post and most things i've got from Germany shipped that way take about a week, plus or minus. If you didn't get it monday or tuesday i'd start to wonder where it was.

• Advertisement

Great Success! :D
    Emails processing refund in difference from flash sale price and watch was shipped yesterday.

Sent with Deutsch post. They're normally fairly quick from experience 5 working days or so usually but has taken a bit longer sometimes. Hold is usually on An Posts end I've had stuff sit in Portlaoise for a few days before.

Ryath wrote: »
    Great Success! :D
    Emails processing refund in difference from flash sale price and watch was shipped yesterday.

Sent with Deutsch post. They're normally fairly quick from experience 5 working days or so usually but has taken a bit longer sometimes. Hold is usually on An Posts end I've had stuff sit in Portlaoise for a few days before.
    Excellent result. That was fairly sound of them.

Looking forward to impressions and pics. If it has a blank screen out of the box and doesn't immediately come to life (CHG flashing), don't worry, just give it some light for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Seiko Turtle, J version €277 shipped, will be no extra customs due. A few coupons floating around to take €5.99 off, might be better ones if you hunt around.
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/seiko-mens-prospex-automatic-divers-200m-stainless-steel-watch-srpc23j1.html#description
    I've seen people pay similar for 2nd hand K versions.

Couldn't resist it at that price. Shipped via France with DHL. Took about 3 weeks to arrive.

With my PADI !
    O56sdmCh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Couldn't resist it at that price. Shipped via France with DHL. Took about 3 weeks to arrive.

With my PADI !
    O56sdmCh.jpg

That was a super price, clicked the link, all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

3 weeks from France. Did DHL walk to Ireland?!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

oxocube wrote: »

I'd say the seller had to wait for them to be shipped in from somewhere else.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

They seemingly come from Hong Kong to somewhere in Europe first and then are re-shipped from Europe to the final destination. For me it was about a week total but clearly it can be a lot longer from description above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Shipped from HK to France, and then on to Ireland.
    However they do it, it avoids import tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

https://www.jomashop.com/seiko-watch-srpc15.html

Seiko recraft SRPC15 ( black version).
    Its so bloody affordable, that if im to get anything done today, i should just get it! No space in watch box though and have a watch on the way.
    Note Ive never purchased from jomashop so cannot say how reliable they are.

even with import tax its a bargain.
    seiko-recraft-automatic-black-dial-men_s-watch-srpc15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

Seiko recraft SRPC15 ( black version).
    Its so bloody affordable, that if im to get anything done today, i should just get it! No space in watch box though and have a watch on the way.
    Note Ive never purchased from jomashop so cannot say how reliable they are.

even with import tax its a bargain.
    You nearly had me convinced. Not quite affordable enough for me tho :(

• Advertisement

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    You nearly had me convinced. Not quite affordable enough for me tho :(

This one is $40 cheaper! Really like some of those Seiko Recraft range

https://www.jomashop.com/seiko-watch-snkn47.html

Seiko-SNKN47-Recraft-Automatic-Stainless-Steel-Black-Dial.jpg

Yeah they are lovely. Waiting on payday here to take one off of another Boardsie (it's not an available model anymore). I might also pick this one up too:

https://www.jomashop.com/seiko-recraft-watch-ssc669.html

Yeah they are lovely. Waiting on payday here to take one off of another Boardsie (it's not an available model anymore). I might also pick this one up too:

https://www.jomashop.com/seiko-recraft-watch-ssc669.html

That had caught my eye too. It's quite nice.

Seiko-Recraft-Solar-Chronograph-SSC667-SSC669-watch-8.jpg?zoom=2.625&w=303&h=241&ssl=1

SSC667 version is tasty too.
    Seiko-SSC667-Solar-Gulf-Chronograph-Recraft.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I did spot that one. I'm now between that and the silver gave one 2shea posted a while back when payday arrives

That had caught my eye too. It's quite nice.

SSC667 version is tasty too.

It most certainly is but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay $40+ more for it though.

Buy one get one free at Barton watch bands with code BOGOBARTON19
    https://www.bartonwatchbands.com
    Don't know if there are limits or expiry date. Got a couple of canvas straps for $21 (+$2 ship)

G-Shock DW5600 €53.21 shipped watchshop using code WEL-GWGY02
    https://www.watchshop.com/casio-watch-dw-5600hrgrz-1er-p100030691.html
    (code might be for first-time customers only)
    Cheapest I have seen this model. Note that this family of models is based on the very first G-Shock and thus one of the smaller Gs. Can be good or bad depending on your expectations.

G-Shock DW5600 €53.21 shipped watchshop using code WEL-GWGY02
    https://www.watchshop.com/casio-watch-dw-5600hrgrz-1er-p100030691.html
    (code might be for first-time customers only)
    Cheapest I have seen this model. Note that this family of models is based on the very first G-Shock and thus one of the smaller Gs. Can be good or bad depending on your expectations.

I have the DW-5600E and love it. Clean lines, comfortable to wear and excellent robustness. The linked to model looks excellent in red and black.

I have the DW-5600E and love it. Clean lines, comfortable to wear and excellent robustness. The linked to model looks excellent in red and black.
    Yeah, its an affordable and fun watch, very moddable, very easy to change the entire aesthetic. Must be noted it's 200M WR also which is impressive for a touch over 50 euro. Negative display isn't my personal preference for legibility reasons but it does have a cool aesthetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I've had my eye on this type of model for a while, your post gave me the shove to move on it, on its way to me now.

Thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement