Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

There was, friend in work got some via the archives presale, all the seats priced 76 were in block Z.

Logging in at 9:01 is never a good idea when tickets go on sale at 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

Plenty of tickets available available at 100+ at least.
    Seems to be selling well, but thought it would be sold out after 2 days of sales.

Neil is due to announce other European dates in the coming weeks apparently, he can play the Marquee in Cork hopefully, plenty of free slots at it, and he has played there a few times before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I'd say the €76 tickets will make an appearance if sales are bad. Dylan played to a half empty crowd in Thommond Park in 2010 and Neil played to a half empty RDS in 2013.

Nowlan Park capacity is 30 odd thousand so I'd imagine there will be tickets floating around closer to the time. I don't think €100 is too bad a price, considering it'd be about €80 to see each of them separately. If Dylan has an off night, it's safe enough to say Neil will rock the place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Has anyone who bought presale tickets through NYA been able to print them out yet?
    I see this message when I log into my Ticketmaster account........Your tickets aren't quite ready to print yet...
    We’re working with the event organisers on a few final details, before we can make your tickets available. Please check back later.

I've sent a query to Ticketmaster but no idea how long they take to respond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'd say the €76 tickets will make an appearance if sales are bad. Dylan played to a half empty crowd in Thommond Park in 2010 and Neil played to a half empty RDS in 2013.

Nowlan Park capacity is 30 odd thousand so I'd imagine there will be tickets floating around closer to the time. I don't think €100 is too bad a price, considering it'd be about €80 to see each of them separately. If Dylan has an off night, it's safe enough to say Neil will rock the place!!!

Yup. Tickets will be like confetti come July.

tenor.gif

Has anyone who bought presale tickets through NYA been able to print them out yet?
    I see this message when I log into my Ticketmaster account........Your tickets aren't quite ready to print yet...
    We’re working with the event organisers on a few final details, before we can make your tickets available. Please check back later.

I've sent a query to Ticketmaster but no idea how long they take to respond

You might be better off contacting them by phone, but if its a xmas gift, you have an email confirmation at least. Maybe the doors opening and stage times are not yet finalised, who knows, either way, it looks like this is beyond the control of TM, who are after all just agents of Aikens the promoter, and the gig isn’t for nearly 7 months, so this wouldn’t be that unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

fafy wrote: »
    You might be better off contacting them by phone, but if its a xmas gift, you have an email confirmation at least. Maybe the doors opening and stage times are not yet finalised, who knows, either way, it looks like this is beyond the control of TM, who are after all just agents of Aikens the promoter, and the gig isn’t for nearly 7 months, so this wouldn’t be that unusual.

They announced the gig just before Christmas so hopefully we can print them out before Santa comes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

recyclebin wrote: »
    They announced the gig just before Christmas so hopefully we can print them out before Santa comes!

Santa is bringing Panic at the Disco tickets to mine...
    No tickets received, but we his elves will make up a nice letter, letting the kids know that the tickets are on their way ... :p

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

The Nal wrote: »
    Yup. Tickets will be like confetti come July.

tenor.gif

Don't get too excited, if ticket sales are that bad they'll cancel the gig.
    So anyone planning to go, buy a ticket!

Message to Promoter, add Van Morrison to the bill :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

comet wrote: »
    Don't get too excited, if ticket sales are that bad they'll cancel the gig.
    So anyone planning to go, buy a ticket!

Message to Promoter, add Van Morrison to the bill :cool:

I doubt it'll be cancelled, as I said before I've seen both play to half empty stadiums (two great gigs mind you), the show will go ahead as planned, and Bob & Neil will hold their end of the bargain.

Neil in the RDS was pretty odd as half the pitch was fenced off and covered with black bags. Why not just let people in at that stage!?! Kinda killed the atmosphere a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Whats Dylan at really? He has to supplement all his kids? can't his back catalogue do that for him? Shuffles on, no 'hello', 'thanls', 'bye' - and you've no clue what the song is - it could be something 'like a rolling stone' till he's a third of the way into it.

Cue Neil Young playing a load of **** the vast majority haven't heard to a stadium.

both WELL past it. but kilkenny is a nice city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Cue Neil Young playing a load of **** the vast majority haven't heard to a stadium.

That is simply not true, check out his setlists to inform yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Neil Young in the Marquee Cork a few years ago was amazing. His encore was Beatles A Day In The Life!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dylan at the 3 arena last time was very good too. If you want someone to talk to the crowd and interact between songs etc there are plenty of artists out there who will do that but Dylan and Neil Young are not among them.

My main fear is that there are a lot of people who will be expecting a greatest hits package from both which is probably not what we are going to get but I do expect a very good gig. I'm going to London too so it will be interesting to compare the two performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Whats Dylan at really? He has to supplement all his kids? can't his back catalogue do that for him? Shuffles on, no 'hello', 'thanls', 'bye' - and you've no clue what the song is - it could be something 'like a rolling stone' till he's a third of the way into it.

Dylan is known for playing a song to a totally different tune, maybe he likes to mix things up. He always has great musicians with him too, the man likes to tour and play, fair f**ks to him for being able to do it at his age. The last time he played the Marquee in Cork he was in great form.

I'll agree with you on one thing however, Kilkenny is indeed a nice city ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Its Bob Dylan. He's never gonna take requests from the crowd.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    just cant justify paying that much for a seated ticket (€181, €156), its not like the seats in Nowlan Park are wonderful they are glorifed bucket seats

might try for a standing ticket closer to the day if i can go

I got seated for Dylan years ago at Nolan Park (the brilliant concert, not the sh1te one). Ended up on the pitch as was too far away from where i wanted to be. Might be different arrangements for this gig so be sure you can walk onto the pitch if seated (unlikely you'll know in advance).

"WELL past it"

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Anyone with a spare Archives code for Hyde Park they can PM me :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Can't comment on Neil Young, but jaysus, I saw Dylan in 06 I think, in Nowlan Park too actually, and he was about 15 years past it then. Abysmal, like the worst live performance I've ever seen.

Cannot believe he's still at it. He seemed like he should have been in a retirement home or on life support in 06 he was that incoherent and bad.

3 weeks after they went onsale, still loads of tickets left, looks like it will be a struggle to sell this one, and its been the lead gig, on Aikens website since they went onsale.

RIP Pegi Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Paddy2012

Not selling out means more chance of getting a decent spot for Neil Young I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭Zardoz

3 weeks after they went onsale, still loads of tickets left, looks like it will be a struggle to sell this one, and its been the lead gig, on Aikens website since they went onsale.

Not surprised ,the price for the seats is outrageous.
    Youd want to be paid to sit in those horrific seats with hardly any legroom for 4 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I wouldn't take one for free. The Three Arena would be far superior for a Neil Young gig. I saw Dylan in the 80's, and said never again. And the dual thing is putting people off also.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    I wouldn't take one for free. The Three Arena would be far superior for a Neil Young gig. I saw Dylan in the 80's, and said never again. And the dual thing is putting people off also.

It could be great or a disaster. In fairness I think it will be great. Not going but if in doubt, I'd err on going rather than don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭mgkelly

finbarrk wrote: »

It could be great or a disaster. In fairness I think it will be great. Not going but if in doubt, I'd err on going rather than don't.
    That's my attitude to this.

I see the VAT increase is having an impact, on All Ticket prices.

Standing tickets for Young/Dylan were €100 +TM Fees, up until December 31st, now, with the VAT rate increased from 9% to 13.50%, effective January 1st, the exact same standing ticket is priced at €104.13 +TM Fees.

The most expensive seated tickets for the same gig, increased from €156+TM Fees (up to December 31st)up to €162.44+TM Fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Standing tickets for Young/Dylan were €100 +TM Fees, up until December 31st, now, with the VAT rate increased from 9% to 13.50%, effective January 1st, the exact same standing ticket is priced at €104.13 +TM Fees.

The most expensive seated tickets for the same gig, increased from €156+TM Fees (up to December 31st)up to €162.44+TM Fees.
    Yeah they have done it with all tickets.
    I doubt they passed on the saving to us when VAT rate was reduced to 9% in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Ah lads! Some serious negative vibes on this thread.

It's BOB DYLAN and NEIL YOUNG for fecksakes!

I can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Choochtown wrote: »
    Ah lads! Some serious negative vibes on this thread.

It's BOB DYLAN and NEIL YOUNG for fecksakes!

I can't wait.

Yeap its gonna be great craic. I've seen Dylan a few times, last time was one of the best. Neil will play a good show as well, that band he's with are class.

Don't recommend seated for this gig- standing is the only way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,886 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't recommend seated for this gig- standing is the only way to go.

From GAA games etc a bucket seat is not worth €180+

From GAA games etc a bucket seat is not worth €180+

I was coming from the perspective of concert experience - bucket seat as you say but coupled with distance from stage and general lack of ability to move around if not happy with seat/view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,886 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I was coming from the perspective of concert experience - bucket seat as you say but coupled with distance from stage and general lack of ability to move around if not happy with seat/view.

If I do go I'll be going for a standing and try and get a back spot

No way is that much worth it for a seat with no back the same value for a Junior c hurling match

If I do go I'll be going for a standing and try and get a back spot

No way is that much worth it for a seat with no back the same value for a Junior c hurling match

I'm with you. I've been there at a concert (Bob Dylan at his good Kilkenny show)- moved from seating to pitch standing (and I had a seat bang on facing the stage) So much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

any idea on how tickets are selling? im paid monthly and not again til 1st week of feb and keep putting off buying a ticket!

any idea on how tickets are selling? im paid monthly and not again til 1st week of feb and keep putting off buying a ticket!

Youll be able to get a ticket for 40 quid the day before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The Nal wrote: »
    Youll be able to get a ticket for 40 quid the day before.[/QUOTE

Hit the nail on the head. And the fact that it's in Kilkenny will put off many casual fans that would go if it was in Dublin. Also, many people will have bought tickets because "it's Dylan and Young. Can't miss the legends". But when the practicalities kick in - Sunday night, and staying overnight in Kilkenny,and clashing with other summer events, some people will be looking to offload. And there won't be much appetite for shelling out €100 at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Cool! I'll hold off so! Don't think there will be much demand for a second concert !

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

Just a quick one on this. Anyone know if there will be buses from Dublin going to this?

Tried to book accommodation but the whole of Kilkenny seems to be booked up that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Just a quick one on this. Anyone know if there will be buses from Dublin going to this?

Tried to book accommodation but the whole of Kilkenny seems to be booked up that night

Bumping the above. Anyone have any clues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Polar101

So this is definitely Neil "supporting" and Dylan last?

Thinking of going, but first I need to see something about buses back to Dublin after the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Wanna go - need to get back to Dublin afterwards though - are we just gonna have to pool together? :pac:

Seems like an obvious money making idea for a coach service :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If was any good to anyone JJ Kavs have a scheduled airport service picking up at 2 locations in KK around 2:15am, stops in Athy, Naas only Dublin stop is the airport however.

"I'll just get on the road and stick out my thumb.
    I know that you'll be there still."

Does anyone do this anymore? I saw a couple of hitchhikers recently at the start of a motorway (illegal i know)- and I just thought, "can you not afford a tenner return for a bus- and it will probably be quicker than standing there for 2 hours?"

I still see a few local hitchers, but hitchhikers going from one big city to another (Dublin to Cork, Galway to Limerick etc)- I just don't see them these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I picked them up a nice couple from Argentina.

• Advertisement

Any more on transport to/from Dublin for this?

Had a cursory not in depth Google and didn't see anything.

I do not want to be standing on the side of the road with paint falling off my shoes etc.

Advertisement