Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭fafy

3 weeks after they went onsale, still loads of tickets left, looks like it will be a struggle to sell this one, and its been the lead gig, on Aikens website since they went onsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

RIP Pegi Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Paddy2012

Not selling out means more chance of getting a decent spot for Neil Young I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

fafy wrote: »
    3 weeks after they went onsale, still loads of tickets left, looks like it will be a struggle to sell this one, and its been the lead gig, on Aikens website since they went onsale.

Not surprised ,the price for the seats is outrageous.
    Youd want to be paid to sit in those horrific seats with hardly any legroom for 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I wouldn't take one for free. The Three Arena would be far superior for a Neil Young gig. I saw Dylan in the 80's, and said never again. And the dual thing is putting people off also.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    I wouldn't take one for free. The Three Arena would be far superior for a Neil Young gig. I saw Dylan in the 80's, and said never again. And the dual thing is putting people off also.

It could be great or a disaster. In fairness I think it will be great. Not going but if in doubt, I'd err on going rather than don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭mgkelly

finbarrk wrote: »

It could be great or a disaster. In fairness I think it will be great. Not going but if in doubt, I'd err on going rather than don't.
    That's my attitude to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭fafy

I see the VAT increase is having an impact, on All Ticket prices.

Standing tickets for Young/Dylan were €100 +TM Fees, up until December 31st, now, with the VAT rate increased from 9% to 13.50%, effective January 1st, the exact same standing ticket is priced at €104.13 +TM Fees.

The most expensive seated tickets for the same gig, increased from €156+TM Fees (up to December 31st)up to €162.44+TM Fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Standing tickets for Young/Dylan were €100 +TM Fees, up until December 31st, now, with the VAT rate increased from 9% to 13.50%, effective January 1st, the exact same standing ticket is priced at €104.13 +TM Fees.

The most expensive seated tickets for the same gig, increased from €156+TM Fees (up to December 31st)up to €162.44+TM Fees.
    Yeah they have done it with all tickets.
    I doubt they passed on the saving to us when VAT rate was reduced to 9% in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Ah lads! Some serious negative vibes on this thread.

It's BOB DYLAN and NEIL YOUNG for fecksakes!

I can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Choochtown wrote: »
    Ah lads! Some serious negative vibes on this thread.

It's BOB DYLAN and NEIL YOUNG for fecksakes!

I can't wait.

Yeap its gonna be great craic. I've seen Dylan a few times, last time was one of the best. Neil will play a good show as well, that band he's with are class.

Don't recommend seated for this gig- standing is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't recommend seated for this gig- standing is the only way to go.

From GAA games etc a bucket seat is not worth €180+

PTH2009 wrote: »
    From GAA games etc a bucket seat is not worth €180+

I was coming from the perspective of concert experience - bucket seat as you say but coupled with distance from stage and general lack of ability to move around if not happy with seat/view.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I was coming from the perspective of concert experience - bucket seat as you say but coupled with distance from stage and general lack of ability to move around if not happy with seat/view.

If I do go I'll be going for a standing and try and get a back spot

No way is that much worth it for a seat with no back the same value for a Junior c hurling match

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If I do go I'll be going for a standing and try and get a back spot

No way is that much worth it for a seat with no back the same value for a Junior c hurling match

I'm with you. I've been there at a concert (Bob Dylan at his good Kilkenny show)- moved from seating to pitch standing (and I had a seat bang on facing the stage) So much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

any idea on how tickets are selling? im paid monthly and not again til 1st week of feb and keep putting off buying a ticket!

any idea on how tickets are selling? im paid monthly and not again til 1st week of feb and keep putting off buying a ticket!

Youll be able to get a ticket for 40 quid the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The Nal wrote: »
    Youll be able to get a ticket for 40 quid the day before.[/QUOTE

Hit the nail on the head. And the fact that it's in Kilkenny will put off many casual fans that would go if it was in Dublin. Also, many people will have bought tickets because "it's Dylan and Young. Can't miss the legends". But when the practicalities kick in - Sunday night, and staying overnight in Kilkenny,and clashing with other summer events, some people will be looking to offload. And there won't be much appetite for shelling out €100 at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Cool! I'll hold off so! Don't think there will be much demand for a second concert !

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

Just a quick one on this. Anyone know if there will be buses from Dublin going to this?

Tried to book accommodation but the whole of Kilkenny seems to be booked up that night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Just a quick one on this. Anyone know if there will be buses from Dublin going to this?

Tried to book accommodation but the whole of Kilkenny seems to be booked up that night

Bumping the above. Anyone have any clues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

So this is definitely Neil "supporting" and Dylan last?

Thinking of going, but first I need to see something about buses back to Dublin after the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Wanna go - need to get back to Dublin afterwards though - are we just gonna have to pool together? :pac:

Seems like an obvious money making idea for a coach service :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If was any good to anyone JJ Kavs have a scheduled airport service picking up at 2 locations in KK around 2:15am, stops in Athy, Naas only Dublin stop is the airport however.

"I'll just get on the road and stick out my thumb.
    I know that you'll be there still."

Does anyone do this anymore? I saw a couple of hitchhikers recently at the start of a motorway (illegal i know)- and I just thought, "can you not afford a tenner return for a bus- and it will probably be quicker than standing there for 2 hours?"

I still see a few local hitchers, but hitchhikers going from one big city to another (Dublin to Cork, Galway to Limerick etc)- I just don't see them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I picked them up a nice couple from Argentina.

• Advertisement

Any more on transport to/from Dublin for this?

Had a cursory not in depth Google and didn't see anything.

I do not want to be standing on the side of the road with paint falling off my shoes etc.

Advertisement