Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Lauryn and Liam make 6 gigs at II park in Cork, have been told that's the full amount taking place there. Nice addition to the gig scene in Cork, though I don't think I'll be heading to any of these.

Delighted about Vampire Weekend too. :D

Yeah looks like there's 6 gigs there Thursday to Wednesday bar Monday. So unless another gig or 2 gets added you might be right. Think there were only 2 or 3 gigs there last year. Wonder will Marquee have same number of gigs as a result of less. Could see acts like Walking On Cars and Hozier playing there other years. Good to have more venues in summer even if they are only temporary! 3 years today since sod turning at Events Centre..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah looks like there's 6 gigs there Thursday to Wednesday bar Monday. So unless another gig or 2 gets added you might be right. Think there were only 2 or 3 gigs there last year. Wonder will Marquee have same number of gigs as a result of less. Could see acts like Walking On Cars and Hozier playing there other years. Good to have more venues in summer even if they are only temporary! 3 years today since sod turning at Events Centre..

There were no concerts at Irish Independent park last year, was there? The only one I can remember there at any stage was Il Divo a few years back!

The event licence application is for 6 concerts this year so that's our lot.

The Marquee would surely have had to cast the net a bit wider anyway because you'd have assumed Hozier, Walking on Cars, the Coronas would have been on their list. They might have tried for Liam Gallagher and George Ezra too, though I'd expect those too to require bigger venues than the Marquee... Wouldn't surprise me if the Marquee was about 15/16 gigs this year if those lot are all off the list but they might be able to drum up a few surprises (Versatile, for example).

I'd have liked some overlap between Trinity and Marquee - Foals, Janelle Monae, Vampire Weekend are all great and while I wouldn't be going to New Order or Stereophonics, I'd imagine they'd have sold pretty well too if they were on in Cork.

There were no concerts at Irish Independent park last year, was there? The only one I can remember there at any stage was Il Divo a few years back!

The Marquee would surely have had to cast the net a bit wider anyway because you'd have assumed Hozier, Walking on Cars, the Coronas would have been on their list. They might have tried for Liam Gallagher and George Ezra too, though I'd expect those too to require bigger venues than the Marquee... Wouldn't surprise me if the Marquee was about 15/16 gigs this year if those lot are all off the list but they might be able to drum up a few surprises (Versatile, for example).

I'd have liked some overlap between Trinity and Marquee - Foals, Janelle Monae, Vampire Weekend are all great and while I wouldn't be going to New Order or Stereophonics, I'd imagine they'd have sold pretty well too if they were on in Cork.

I could have sworn there were gigs there last year or year before but looking there looks like there wasn't.. Was Il Divo definitely the last one there yeah? Maybe I'm thinking of Thomond Park or something..!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Wilco doing London, Manchester and Glasgow at the end of September, so hopefully an Irish gig will be announced soon too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Higher vision has announced some acts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Some overlap would have been great. There's some acts there I'd like to see and would probably have gone to if I lived in Dublin but living in Cork I don't think I'd take time off work and get a hotel for the night to see them.

Some overlap would have been great. There's some acts there I'd like to see and would probably have gone to if I lived in Dublin but living in Cork I don't think I'd take time off work and get a hotel for the night to see them.

Aibnb could be the way to go with hotel prices being mad in Dublin but having the take the time off on top of that is massive disincentive for a lot of people

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Eod100 wrote: »
    Aibnb could be the way to go with hotel prices being mad in Dublin but having the take the time off on top of that is massive disincentive for a lot of people

Hopefully we get the event centre soon so we don't have to go to Dublin for gigs :pac:

Hopefully we get the event centre soon so we don't have to go to Dublin for gigs :pac:

Maybe one day..! If it does dunno will it be before say 2025..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Not sure if it's been mentioned it Midge ure playing the Olympia in October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

Dave Hause + The Mermaid are playing the Workmans on May 13th.

Saw him a couple times, most recently with The Gaslight Anthem in Vicar St last summer, puts on a good show just a pity it's a Monday night gig.

Announcing gigs for December already, is it just me or are gigs being announced much earlier? Happy Mondays playing Vicar Street on 5th December.

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1097462799184379904

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Madness playing Limerick on May 31st in the new Docklands venue

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bennyl10 wrote: »

Playing Daytripper in Waterford too on Sun 2nd June

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Playing Daytripper in Waterford too on Sun 2nd June

Also playing in Dublin on the 1st of June

52387548_10161655735320624_3790747077571510272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=935f28d963debdfa4883c7734ff75fe8&oe=5CE76376

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Also playing in Dublin on the 1st of June

52387548_10161655735320624_3790747077571510272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=935f28d963debdfa4883c7734ff75fe8&oe=5CE76376

They're playing on Dun Laoghaire pier...

That's a new one on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Three Irish gigs in a row, in different Counties? I can't ever remember another decent sized band ever doing that? Maybe if I include Belfast I might be able to come up with one, but we're also pretty spoiled for festivals now more than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Suckit wrote: »
    Three Irish gigs in a row, in different Counties? I can't ever remember another decent sized band ever doing that? Maybe if I include Belfast I might be able to come up with one, but we're also pretty spoiled for festivals now more than ever.

He's obviously persona non grata at the moment but Ryan Adams and the Cardinals played Dublin, Galway and Cork back in 2006. He may have played Belfast too. Not sure if he qualifies as decent sized though!

Pa8301 wrote: »
    He's obviously persona non grata at the moment but Ryan Adams and the Cardinals played Dublin, Galway and Cork back in 2006. He may have played Belfast too. Not sure if he qualifies as decent sized though!
    In a row?
    Still pretty good. I couldn't think of any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

In a row?
    Still pretty good. I couldn't think of any.

Yeah on the same tour. I can't remember if it was 3 days in a row or if he took a day off. I went to the Dublin one in the Olympia. He played the Black Box in Galway. Haven't a clue about Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ed Sheeran?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran?
    Were they a week or two apart?

Madness doing it old style :)

Fly into Cork, Schoolbus to Limerick gig, then next day up to Dublin gig, then down to Waterford gig. :)
    I just can't remember seeing it. May have been a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

Bruce Springsteen

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brad Paisley with support Chris Lane at 3Arena Dublin on 13th October, tickets from €75 on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Brad Paisley with support Chris Lane at 3Arena Dublin on 13th October, tickets from €75 on sale

How is there such a large market for American Country music in Ireland ???

The country 2 country thing has become an annual thing and a few solo acts often play here

Personally find a lot of it sounds the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How is there such a large market for American Country music in Ireland ???

See Garth Brooks. The midlands would've emptied out and all been in Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

Any word on Eddie Vedder in Malahide?

instanel wrote: »
    Any word on Eddie Vedder in Malahide?

I think it has all been quiet since The Who announced the UK gig was going to be a european exclusive gig - which could mean anything from a 2019 version of Tommy to a special guests concert along the lines of the Last Waltz.

Or just that it is the only European gig for them this year (I doubt).

I still believe that Eddie Vedder will play Malahide castle.
    The person that told me (other versions may vary) about Malahide, is involved in setting up the concerts, but............. They get their info from somebody involved in politics. I have no idea if it is the Taoiseach or Michael D Higgins etc. :pac:

But it does not rule out The Who playing as a headline act for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

From Twitter

***JUST ANNOUNCED***

The brilliant Beirut (@bandBeirut) have just announced two dates in Dublin's Vicar Street 26th & 27th August.

Get your tickets before anyone else! Get access to Selective Memory's exclusive presale here: https://t.co/6fcrvQR95i https://t.co/HheEsx4pY2

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    From Twitter

***JUST ANNOUNCED***

The brilliant Beirut (@bandBeirut) have just announced two dates in Dublin's Vicar Street 26th & 27th August.

Get your tickets before anyone else! Get access to Selective Memory's exclusive presale here: https://t.co/6fcrvQR95i https://t.co/HheEsx4pY2

Playing End of the Road festival in UK on the Friday. Those gigs could rule them out of EP then.

Advertisement