Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hannah73

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Think they heard about 3 weeks before us, I only heard last week too and from what I gather some have had a call to meet their local super and some invited to the open day

Ok, but you haven't heard Anything since your interveiw results? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

No I haven’t heard anything don’t think we will for a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Just got word I passed my interview on to stage 4 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Hearns2017 wrote: »
    Just got word I passed my interview on to stage 4 😊

Congrats got my results today as well,wonder how long we will be waiting to meet the super.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Gadaves wrote: »
    Congrats got my results today as well,wonder how long we will be waiting to meet the super.

I suppose it depends on how quick the paper work goes through. More time to get fit though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Has anyone received their interview feedback yet? - I emailed a week ago and haven’t heard a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Has anyone received their interview feedback yet? - I emailed a week ago and haven’t heard a thing

Can you actually get interview feedback? I didn't know that was possible.

Just found this thread! But had my interview mid Sept - Results early Oct. Had my meeting with my local Sgt on sunday night and she got the paperwork and all my references contacted. Garda appointments got onto me yesterday for some additional info and I got it back to them within the hour. Rang them today to confirm receipt. I'm like a plague making sure nothing holds me up!

Also I am going to head up to Templemore on the 24th Nov. No harm having a look around to give me more motivation to hit the gym harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Just found this thread! But had my interview 17th Sept - Results 2nd Oct. Had my meeting with my local Sgt on sunday night and she got the paperwork and all my references contacted. Garda appointments got onto me yesterday for some additional info and I got it back to them within the hour. Rang them today to confirm receipt. I'm like a plague making sure nothing holds me up!

Also I am going to head up to Templemore on the 24th Nov. No harm having a look around to give me more motivation to hit the gym harder!

Hey,

I just passed the interview and haven’t completed vetting yet , do you know if I can attend the open day or do you have to receive an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Hey,

I just passed the interview and haven’t completed vetting yet , do you know if I can attend the open day or do you have to receive an invite?

I don't think you'd be allowed to attend yet. On our invitations it says you must present the invitation and ID before entering the Garda College. Hopefully ya won't be waiting too long to hear something!

Hey,

It's only those who received the invite. It says so on the email unfortunately. But there will be another one soon I am sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Just found this thread! But had my interview 17th Sept - Results 2nd Oct. Had my meeting with my local Sgt on sunday night and she got the paperwork and all my references contacted. Garda appointments got onto me yesterday for some additional info and I got it back to them within the hour. Rang them today to confirm receipt. I'm like a plague making sure nothing holds me up!

How long between getting your results and being called for your local interview?

leheaven wrote: »
    How long between getting your results and being called for your local interview?

Results 2nd oct and local interview was last Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

A lot of people haven't been called yet. I've a single-digit oom and haven't heard anything as of yet. I'd imagine it depends on your local station and how busy there. Considering traligurl was only waiting a month I'd be hoping to be seen this side of Christmas. Going by that I'd say the waiting time is 1-3 months, but just my opinion.

The local interview is before any fitness test/medical right?

The local interview is before any fitness test/medical right?

Well it is in my case!...I haven't a date for PCT or medical yet and i've had my local interview with the Sgt.

Well it is in my case!...I haven't a date for PCT or medical yet and i've had my local interview with the Sgt.

Ah cool and is it an actual interview or more of an informal chat?

Ah cool and is it an actual interview or more of an informal chat?

More of an informal chat. But I would dress smart as they are deciding whether of not you are a suitable candidate and will check Pulse for any records and will be contacting all your referees.

More of an informal chat. But I would dress smart as they are deciding whether of not you are a suitable candidate and will check Pulse for any records and will be contacting all your referees.

Thanks for the info and one final thing do they call your references and check pulse whilst your in the station... or is this done before?

Thanks for the info and one final thing do they call your references and check pulse whilst your in the station... or is this done before?

They checked my references before I went to the station and she asked me when i was in the interview if I had anything that would show up on pulse, so based on that I am assuming she hadn't checked it already. But I knew there was nothing on it for me so.

1. Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

They checked my references before I went to the station and she asked me when i was in the interview if I had anything that would show up on pulse, so based on that I am assuming she hadn't checked it already. But I knew there was nothing on it for me so.

One of my reference now doesn’t want to be a ref cause he’s a lot going on personally. Do you think I could change it since I haven’t been called for a local interview yet?

1. Advertisement
      2. Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

One of my reference now doesn’t want to be a ref cause he’s a lot going on personally. Do you think I could change it since I haven’t been called for a local interview yet?

I would ring HRM. Best to try and change it than have your reference get called.

3. Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Got my call to go in to my local station. Told it would be basically an informal chat, so asked if that meant no suit and he laughed at me. :D
        Going early next week, nice to know things are still moving!

4. Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Got my call to go in to my local station. Told it would be basically an informal chat, so asked if that meant no suit and he laughed at me. :D
        Going early next week, nice to know things are still moving!

Haha that’s cool hope it’s goes well !!

Can I ask how long you it was since you got the interview results?

5. Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Haha that’s cool hope it’s goes well !!

Can I ask how long you it was since you got the interview results?

Interview at end of sept and results at the beginning of oct. About 6 or 7 weeks.

6. Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

Interview at end of sept and results at the beginning of oct. About 6 or 7 weeks.

You meet your local before the fitness or medical?

7. Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

rossd92 wrote: »
        You meet your local before the fitness or medical?

Still waiting on dates for both!

8. Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Hey guys just have a question regarding the medical.. in relation to BMI does anyone know if your BMI is over 25 are you just automatically cut out of the campaign??

9. Registered Users Posts: 33 Stuky69

Hearns2017 wrote: »
        Hey guys just have a question regarding the medical.. in relation to BMI does anyone know if your BMI is over 25 are you just automatically cut out of the campaign??

Has to be 30 or less

10. Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Stuky69 wrote: »
        Has to be 30 or less

Oh great!!! Was panicking and got down to 25.5 so ill pass that part

11. Advertisement
      12. Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Ive a PCT coming up soon and according to HRM this is the only item outstanding. Would anyone have any clue to which intake I would be taking in on. Passing the PCT of course.

Advertisement