Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Ive a PCT coming up soon and according to HRM this is the only item outstanding. Would anyone have any clue to which intake I would be taking in on. Passing the PCT of course.

If your vetting is completed and your medical and you've met with both your local sgt. and super then I would expect you to be in January intake

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Ive a PCT coming up soon and according to HRM this is the only item outstanding. Would anyone have any clue to which intake I would be taking in on. Passing the PCT of course.

I’m in the same boat. Everything is cleared just about to do my PCT so I’m hoping January.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

I’m in the same boat. Everything is cleared just about to do my PCT so I’m hoping January.

How long ago did you do your interview? Have you dates for you PCT?

Did anyone have any relations with a US address on their vetting? Just wondering will that delay my vetting by much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If your vetting is completed and your medical and you've met with both your local sgt. and super then I would expect you to be in January intake

Not a hope any of this campaign will see Templemore for January I would say, May at the very earliest for a few with most looking at July or after.

Still a rake of 17's and even some 16's left.

• Advertisement

Strider wrote: »
    Not a hope any of this campaign will see Templemore for January I would say, May at the very earliest for a few with most looking at July or after.

Still a rake of 17's and even some 16's left.

I know someone who had their PCT and was called for the intake 2 weeks later. Would it not depend on peoples vetting and OOM etc.?

I know someone who had their PCT and was called for the intake 2 weeks later. Would it not depend on peoples vetting and OOM etc.?

To go on the list...but people on the list from 17 and 16 will get first preference on future intakes provided thry've everything in order.

Your OOM only applies to your campaign, it won't put you ahead of someone from previous ones.

Well i'd be happy to get in May or July. But the wait is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Is it 4 intakes that are planned for 2019?

Gadaves wrote: »
    Is it 4 intakes that are planned for 2019?

Well there were 4 in 2018... 181's 182's 183's and Oct were 184's.

So fingers crossed it'll be the same for 2019. I have heard they are really pushing to get people in atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 S_e_a_n

Did anyone have any relations with a US address on their vetting? Just wondering will that delay my vetting by much
    Was told it is only Aunts & Uncles, blood related that they vet, not their partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

When did you do your interview??

S_e_a_n wrote: »
    Was told it is only Aunts & Uncles, blood related that they vet, not their partners.

Who told you that? I had to provide all my husbands family, aunt, uncles and grandparents info on the Form B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Who told you that? I had to provide all my husbands family, aunt, uncles and grandparents info on the Form B

Think what they mean is it's only necessary to put down any blood relatives of you and your partner. That you don't need their spouses details.

Think what they mean is it's only necessary to put down any blood relatives of you and your partner. That you don't need their spouses details.

Oh right I get ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 traceyf933

Anyone know what sort of stuff they ask for the medical in the intake forms and all that? I know we have guidelines but are they strict on illnesses or having been sick in the past?

Who from this thread so is heading to Templemore Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mezzac95

Who from this thread so is heading to Templemore Saturday?

I’m heading down on Saturday! :)

Ah there will be a few so! :) I'll be there myself. 10am is the time i was given.

traceyf933 wrote: »
    Anyone know what sort of stuff they ask for the medical in the intake forms and all that? I know we have guidelines but are they strict on illnesses or having been sick in the past?

It's prior surgery, current medications, previous heart/lung diseases etc.

Tbh I had serious lung surgery done myself about 8 years ago and it was grand. They'll look for medical notes for anything like that though. Once you're ok now and can pass the fitness you should be ok. Anything like cancer though and they may change their minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

Ah there will be a few so! :) I'll be there myself. 10am is the time i was given.

Same. Looking forward to meeting everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Hey guys,

Does any one know how strick they are on bmi? Mine is sitting around 30 but it's always been high but I'm fit and able do bleep test fine and the strength isn't a problem so bit worried about failing on bmi? I am working on it but just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Harley2016 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Does any one know how strick they are on bmi? Mine is sitting around 30 but it's always been high but I'm fit and able do bleep test fine and the strength isn't a problem so bit worried about failing on bmi? I am working on it but just incase.
    I think I read in the main thread that if it's over 25 it's a fail but you have 6 months to bring it down, however if it's over 30 it's a straight fail with no second chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Under 30 is a pass. If you are over 30 you will be given 3 months to get it under the 30 mark. I am not sure if over 35 is a straight fail.

Under 30 is a pass. If you are over 30 you will be given 3 months to get it under the 30 mark. I am not sure if over 35 is a straight fail.
    Ah yes, knew there something to it alright.

Below bmi 25 is a straight pass,
    Between 25 and 30 is body fat test,
    Between 30 and 35 is a deferral,
    Over 35 is a fail.
    Hope this helps and good luck with it.

Got call from my local sergeant an hour or so ago. Meeting tomorrow. Delighted it's all progressing so quickly, only a few minutes of a chat I've been told. Still gonna hold off the night out! Hopefully the medical is only around the corner but not very optimistic about it being done this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Got call from my local sergeant an hour or so ago. Meeting tomorrow. Delighted it's all progressing so quickly, only a few minutes of a chat I've been told. Still gonna hold off the night out! Hopefully the medical is only around the corner but not very optimistic about it being done this side of Christmas.

Wow that was fast...best of luck tomorrow so! let us all know how it goes :)

Anyone else get a call?

Wow that was fast...best of luck tomorrow so! let us all know how it goes :)

Anyone else get a call?
    I think I'm about the 3rd or 4th from this forum to get the call. Been waiting a month and a half now. Based on what I've heard that seems to be the average waiting time for the first batch anyway, which is only speculation on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

I think I'm about the 3rd or 4th from this forum to get the call. Been waiting a month and a half now. Based on what I've heard that seems to be the average waiting time for the first batch anyway, which is only speculation on my part.

And have you done the fitness or medical yet?

• Advertisement

rossd92 wrote: »
    And have you done the fitness or medical yet?
    Not yet. Seeing as I should be in the first batch to get called for it I can't give any sort of approximate waiting time, although I think the last campaign had a waiting time of about 3-4 months, which would mean around mid-late December or January. I'm away skiing the week after Christmas so I just hope it's not then!

Advertisement