Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Gadaves wrote: »
    Surprised by that, the article I read made it seem like the reason was to use funds elsewhere.

I don't think they would tell the public they are struggling for numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

paddyCPW wrote: »
    I don't think they would tell the public they are struggling for numbers.

True enough

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Yeah, a lot have applicants fail the PCT and hold up with vetting.

Woah!
    I still haven't got invited to the medical nor the PCT, I'm starting wondering if I should contact them

Oruam wrote: »
    Woah!
    I still haven't got invited to the medical nor the PCT, I'm starting wondering if I should contact them

What competition are you in?

What competition are you in?

This year's campaign. The most recent one. I had the interview in October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I wouldn't be calling them yet, still early days yet. People get a bit over eager with these campaigns...you'll hear in time. Nobody has got PCT dates yet. You'll hear in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Does anybody know of anyone that has moved abroad while waiting on stage 4 and after? I potentially have a chance at some decent and relievent work in the UK but wondering would it go against me? Stage 4 onwards can take along time .

Witcher wrote: »
    I wouldn't be calling them yet, still early days yet. People get a bit over eager with these campaigns...you'll hear in time. Nobody has got PCT dates yet. You'll hear in January.

That's actually what I was thinking. Thanks
    Jecz wrote: »
    Does anybody know of anyone that has moved abroad while waiting on stage 4 and after? I potentially have a chance at some decent and relievent work in the UK but wondering would it go against me? Stage 4 onwards can take along time .

I live abroad, and I guess it isn't an issue for the Garda. It might be a little more demanding for you, but if you can get a few days off work to go to Dublin and Templemore, I don't see why it should be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

Oruam wrote: »
    That's actually what I was thinking. Thanks

I live abroad, and I guess it isn't an issue for the Garda. It might be a little more demanding for you, but if you can get a few days off work to go to Dublin and Templemore, I don't see why it should be a problem

I agree with this. As long as you get time off it isn't a bad idea to continue living life as if you aren't getting in. It is always good to have options and you could get some valuable opportunities. If you end up joining AGS you will be that much more dedicated and experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

For people that recently passed their interview and let's say fitness and medical goes well, would you consider it being too optimistic for looking for placement in Templemore in late 2019 or would it be more towards 2020?

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Hey guys.
    Has anyone done work experience in a Garda Station in Cork?? I’ve to do work exp as part of my security studies course and because I’m at stage 4 of the Garda trainee campaign I’d love to do it in a Garda Station. I’ve tried my local station and also Anglesea street but they’re only taking transition year students.

Got a call from the local seargent this evening, does this mean vetting is done or do they arrange the meeting anyway?

Got a call from the local seargent this evening, does this mean vetting is done or do they arrange the meeting anyway?

Cool, when was your interview?

Cool, when was your interview?

November 6th OOM 380

November 6th OOM 380

That's quick then, I was end of November and just over 400

That's quick then, I was end of November and just over 400

Ya it is quick, thats why I wasn't sure if the vetting could be done this soon and if they just schedule the meeting regardless of whether it's outstanding or not.

Vetting isn't closed off fully till after the last stage of recruitment. You also meet with the super.

Vetting isn't closed off fully till after the last stage of recruitment. You also meet with the super.

Ah ok cool

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Hi guys, passed my interview that I had at the start of December, does anyone know when I will be called for medical and physical roughly? And if passed would I be called for templemore next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eimear180

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any experience of being from a Northern county and waiting to get called by super? Where do we go for that?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Anyone know what's the story with annual leave when in Templemore?
    Was wondering if you are up there during December would the 2 weeks you get off be over Christmas or is it one week Christmas and one week at some other stage during he course.
    Think I'd go crazy I'd it was only a few days off ha

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Was wondering if you are up there during December would the 2 weeks you get off be over Christmas or is it one week Christmas and one week at some other stage during he course.
    Not too sure the Gardai is right job for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

I think it's only a few days off over Xmas from past trainees. If you don't like working over Xmas you should prob reconsider the job, it's a 24/7 service after all. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

How old are you? That was a rhetorical question.

Loads of people work holidays.

The nice thing about the guards is you get holiday pay and overtime payments if you have to work the days everyone else wants off.

How old are you? That was a rhetorical question.

Loads of people work holidays.

The nice thing about the guards is you get holiday pay and overtime payments if you have to work the days everyone else wants off.

You have misunderstood me. I am referring to while in Templemore.
    I am asking what time off the college gives to students during Christmas

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    I think it's only a few days off over Xmas from past trainees. If you don't like working over Xmas you should prob reconsider the job, it's a 24/7 service after all. Lol

No problem working what is required of me, was simply asking about what leave at Christmas is given while a student in Templemore.
    Lol but thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Did you get an answer to your question? I’d love to know as I’m in the same position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

leheaven wrote: »
    Did you get an answer to your question? I’d love to know as I’m in the same position :)

Unfortunately it doesn't mean that your vetting is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Eimear180 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has any experience of being from a Northern county and waiting to get called by super? Where do we go for that?

Thanks!

Hi I’m from Belfast and went to Dundalk to meet with the Sergeant almost a fortnight ago. He said I would be asked back down there to see the super after the holidays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Hi everybody, hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Just wondering has anybody in the late 200s or early 300s been called to their local station yet? Thanks!

Advertisement