Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

Got a 1 x tonne pallet of smokeless ovoids (40 X 25kg) last week from Coal Warehouse. Can report that the quality is a huge improvement on the quality of last year's batch. Driver was also very obliging in getting the delivery up my driveway. Easy to handle to storage area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

moceri wrote: »
    Got a 1 x tonne pallet of smokeless ovoids (40 X 25kg) last week from Coal Warehouse. Can report that the quality is a huge improvement on the quality of last year's batch. Driver was also very obliging in getting the delivery up my driveway. Easy to handle to storage area.

Good to hear this. Out of interest what freight company did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Good to hear this. Out of interest what freight company did you use?

Joe McGovern @ €72.60 per pallet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

moceri wrote: »
    Joe McGovern @ €72.60 per pallet

Thanks used them previously and they literally dumped the pallet at my front pillar.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭insullation

Berberis wrote: »
    Ordered a tonne of champion Columbian coal from Beatty's.ie.
    https://www.beattystores.ie/collections/fuel/products/1-tonne-of-champion-coal-columbian-40-x-25kg-bags
    €310 + €50 delivery. Ordered Tuesday evening delivered yesterday afternoon.

Got the same last year for €284 (flash sale) delivered and was very pleased with it.
    Local merchant charges €512.50 for a tonne of Stafford's polish coal and tbh The Beatty's Champion is as good

I have gotten 2 pallets of this over the last 3 years. I find it okay the price but I find it be very dirty coal to burn. I think I'll look around for something a bit cleaner to burn next time. Plus I find you get a blast of heat from it quickly but it doesn't last long. Hard to beat stafford's only for it's expensive. No way would I say this as good as stafford's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Berberis wrote: »
    Ordered a tonne of champion Columbian coal from Beatty's.ie.
    https://www.beattystores.ie/collections/fuel/products/1-tonne-of-champion-coal-columbian-40-x-25kg-bags
    €310 + €50 delivery. Ordered Tuesday evening delivered yesterday afternoon.

Got the same last year for €284 (flash sale) delivered and was very pleased with it.
    Local merchant charges €512.50 for a tonne of Stafford's polish coal and tbh The Beatty's Champion is as good

What size truck do they deliver in?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I have gotten 2 pallets of this over the last 3 years. I find it okay the price but I find it be very dirty coal to burn. I think I'll look around for something a bit cleaner to burn next time. Plus I find you get a blast of heat from it quickly but it doesn't last long. Hard to beat stafford's only for it's expensive. No way would I say this as good as stafford's.

Was it the same stuff as in from Beatty's. I haven't had a problem with it to be honest. Had been burning Stafford's polish all the time up to 4 year ago and just the odd bag of it over past few years and I've found the Beatty's Champion to be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

What size truck do they deliver in?

This year it was their own truck which was an artic with fork lift on the back.
    Last year was a local lorry with just a pallet truck

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭philboy

For anyone who received the Easyglow Ovoids, how did you find them? Were they better than the Coal Warehouse ones? Looking to place an order today, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

Just used a full bag of easy glow in stove and while they give good heat, I’ve noticed more ash and a lot of small unburned bits left behind in the mornings, ( i light stove early am and give a cost feel around living area).
    I’m a bit worried as I’ve 2 ton of these to go through. :(

Had used coal warehouse for past 6-7 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

mun1 wrote: »
    Just used a full bag of easy glow in stove and while they give good heat, I’ve noticed more ash and a lot of small unburned bits left behind in the mornings, ( i light stove early am and give a cost feel around living area).

There is a fair bit of ash but I have had 10 to 12 fires and with the bits left over in the morning I just leave and the next day I have the same amount , I have only removed ashes so far as there in no build up in the grate.

Thanks for the feedback Tim, I think I will go with the CW given the news about the most recent batch being ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

philboy wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback Tim, I think I will go with the CW given the news about the most recent batch being ok.

Yea, I've the current batch of coal warehouse ovoids and they seem to be back to normal, good heat output and ash content is low.
    No complaints from me anyway.

Just placed the order there now with CW so hopefully I get the same batch :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

mun1 wrote: »

there isnt a single bit left in my grate the morning after and very little ash from the E/G ovoids and the heat is great, exactly the same as the supertherm i was paying €19 a bag locally

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi all

We received 22 pallets for the estate from CW all ovids, 8 of these are for myself and family and the quality is great, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

pm. wrote: »
    Hi all

We received 22 pallets for the estate from CW all ovids, 8 of these are for myself and family and the quality is great, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them

22 tonnes??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

22 tonnes??????

Yep, after my 8 pallets, 6 neighbours got the remaining 14

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

the infernooooooooooooo,standby the fire brigade :D

presume ye get a deal on bulk delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I have bought from CW for past 3 years but noticed last year the quality was poor, so I gave easy glow a go this year. A ton delivered for €350 ( got 20 euro voucher on here bringing from 370 to 350), ordered online and delivered 2 days later.

I ordered the small avoids and first impressions are good, every bit as good as the larger avoids I used to get from CW, plus it's nice to order online and not having to be messing with a separate courier (who insists on bank transfer for payment)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

Anyone use http://coaldirectireland.com/
    Was using Kosy king for the past few years and year on year kept pushing their prices up a fraction now delivery is gone from €28 last year to €62 this year so time to find someone new

The free delivery for all Ireland on coal direct caught my eye prices seem to be around average for a ton

http://coaldirectireland.com/products/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

087brain21 wrote: »
    Anyone use http://coaldirectireland.com/
    Was using Kosy king for the past few years and year on year kept pushing their prices up a fraction now delivery is gone from €28 last year to €62 this year so time to find someone new

The free delivery for all Ireland on coal direct caught my eye prices seem to be around average for a ton

http://coaldirectireland.com/products/
    Ton of eco smokeless fuel for 465 is hardly a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

physioman wrote: »
    Ton of eco smokeless fuel for 465 is hardly a good price.

Lucky im in a smoke area for coal so was only interested in polish for €405 and house coal for €363

Kosy king is €330 plus 62 delivery for their cheapest smoking coal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Sorry if it's been asked before but what kind of a truck do Easyglow deliver with? Going to order the 200 euro ovoids but live down a fairly narrow lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Unusual that ye all went for the same product, how much was transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Sorry if it's been asked before but what kind of a truck do Easyglow deliver with? Going to order the 200 euro ovoids but live down a fairly narrow lane.

The pallet network rigid lorry

https://images.app.goo.gl/YmJTXLhoUNBH3VjX6

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The pallet network rigid lorry

https://images.app.goo.gl/YmJTXLhoUNBH3VjX6

Was a much bigger truck that delivered to me last week. I have narrow lane, but he still got in with a bit of effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,634 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What is origin of this Smokeless coal from EG, and CW ? I hate products with no traceability

• Advertisement

What is origin of this Smokeless coal from EG, and CW ? I hate products with no traceability

Would you believe it?, Ireland's meat processors have been selling cheap untraceable imported beef and pork dressed up in Bord Bia packaging for decades claiming to be Irish..

Advertisement