Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Took me a few minutes to find where to put the discount code on my phone, thought i was losing the plot lol

Thanks for the saving bigron, takes the sting off my delivery a bit

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

bigron2109 wrote: »
    From Easyglow Facebook.

We're all starting to think about the colder days ahead. We offer you a discount to get ahead of the cold. Add EASYFACEBOOK to the discount box in the checkout and you will receive €20 off.

Please share this offer with your friends

Nice little saving as I am going to order this week.

Thanks, I was about to order from CW as I have for the past few years but thankfully I checked here first, Easyglow is working out cheaper without the ballache of having to pay the courier separately when using CW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

From Easyglow Facebook.

We're all starting to think about the colder days ahead. We offer you a discount to get ahead of the cold. Add EASYFACEBOOK to the discount box in the checkout and you will receive €20 off.

Please share this offer with your friends

Nice little saving as I am going to order this week.

Put through 3 separate online orders for 3 tonnes of coal, as the discount seems to be per order. Thanks for that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,061 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Wasn't impressed with my last CW delivery, alot of crap not burnt. Will be going to Easy glow this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Doesn’t work for me. ordered 24 bags for 199 and when I put in the discount code it said value in shopping bag was to low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Doesn’t work for me. ordered 24 bags for 199 and when I put in the discount code it said value in shopping bag was to low.

It’s only off every Ton of coal. I didn’t copy the picture , but it says it in the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lissoy

Any recommendations on the small ovids vs the large ovids from Easyglow? I have a glass fronted stove and they recommend the small ovids but I've always used the large ovids from CW before.

Easy glow delivery arrived this morning, very quick service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Lissoy wrote: »
    Any recommendations on the small ovids vs the large ovids from Easyglow? I have a glass fronted stove and they recommend the small ovids but I've always used the large ovids from CW before.

Can’t comment on easy glow specifically but I’ve used large and small ovoids from various brands and now always go with the small ones, find the heat output better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Can’t comment on easy glow specifically but I’ve used large and small ovoids from various brands and now always go with the small ones, find the heat output better

How would the easyglo compare with supertherm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

irishgeo wrote: »
    How would the easyglo compare with supertherm?

I used Supertherm Last year and they were fine, Got Easy Glow Ovoids a month ago and have had several fires and it burns completely (Little or Nothing Left in Grate) with great heat, Considering buying another tonne.

TimHorton wrote: »
    I used Supertherm Last year and they were fine, Got Easy Glow Ovoids a month ago and have had several fires and it burns completely (Little or Nothing Left in Grate) with great heat, Considering buying another tonne.

I got my easy glow order yesterday but haven’t burned any yet, I’ve been using supertherm for years and it was very good heat wise and nothing left in the morning, I’m hoping the easy glow is equally good

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I got my easy glow order yesterday but haven’t burned any yet, I’ve been using supertherm for years and it was very good heat wise and nothing left in the morning, I’m hoping the easy glow is equally good

Just wondering What were your reasons for changing to Easyglow, price?

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Just wondering What were your reasons for changing to Easyglow, price?

good reviews on here from other people and the convenience of not having to bother with throwing it into the back of the car and price is also a factor it was €19 a bag last year and he told me the price was going up

Lads the people who have ordered form Easyglow and got the small Ovoids , how are they burning compared to the large ones. I have got the large ones from them before and they were great. Ive seen people say the small ones burn longer and produce more heat. I am going to order a tonne tonight, and just waiting to hear from people who ordered the small ones. I have a big 30 watt stove, so unsure which ones to get even though I have had the large ones before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

The Burn well and Heat well , With very little left in the grate , I have had 5 or 6 fires and have only cleaned the ashes each day , I have not had to remove anything from the grate as there is only a few bits left in the morning.

TimHorton wrote: »
    The Burn well and Heat well , With very little left in the grate , I have had 5 or 6 fires and have only cleaned the ashes each day , I have not had to remove anything from the grate as there is only a few bits left in the morning.

Have you used a large ovoid before, and if so do they burn longer than them? Thanks for the response by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Lads the people who have ordered form Easyglow and got the small Ovoids , how are they burning compared to the large ones. I have got the large ones from them before and they were great. Ive seen people say the small ones burn longer and produce more heat. I am going to order a tonne tonight, and just waiting to hear from people who ordered the small ones. I have a big 30 watt stove, so unsure which ones to get even though I have had the large ones before.

Based on the reviews here I'm thinking of switching from CW to Easyglow as well.
    I'd love to hear more opinions on whether to get small or large ovoids for the stove.
    I used to get the large CW ovoids and they were great for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I switched from large Coal Warehouse ovoids to small Easyglow, I tested them the day I got them and was very impressed.

To be honest I don't think we've even lit the stove again since but if I was buying another ton tomorrow morning it would be Easyglow small ovoids with no hesitation.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I got a delivery of coal warehouse ovoids yesterday and I tried them out last night, they are brilliant, very long lasting and honestly there's hardly any ash.
    It's definitely the stuff of old and not the crap I received last time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Thanks lads for the advice . Just ordered a ton of the small ones. I’ll report back when I’ve got them burning .

Couldn’t complain about their large ones before from Easyglow so let’s hope the small ones are the same .

Thanks lads for the advice . Just ordered a ton of the small ones. I’ll report back when I’ve got them burning .

Couldn’t complain about their large ones before from Easyglow so let’s hope the small ones are the same .

Going by reviews and advice from easyglow themselves they are meant to burn for longer and better heat, I’ve a tonne here but it’s been too warm to light the stove so far

are these easyglow small ones suitable for an inset stove and 50bags is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

irishgeo wrote: »
    are these easyglow small ones suitable for an inset stove and 50bags is it?

Yes and yes.

Don't forget there is a 20 euro discount code floating around this thread too.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

I got a delivery of coal warehouse ovoids yesterday and I tried them out last night, they are brilliant, very long lasting and honestly there's hardly any ash.
    It's definitely the stuff of old and not the crap I received last time.

You were brave to go again......

one last question do they deliver Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Yes and yes.

Don't forget there is a 20 euro discount code floating around this thread too.

Anyone got the code? going to take your advice and go for the small ovoids

• Advertisement

DaraDali wrote: »
    Anyone got the code? going to take your advice and go for the small ovoids

EASYFACEBOOK. There you go.

Advertisement