Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    Big day for stats, yesterday for the first time ever we broke the 200 posts in a day mark.

In the last week, we've now had THREE days (last Thu as Loughc said, then Monday and Tuesday just gone) where we passed the 200 post mark. :D

A whopping 230 posts on Pancake Tuesday!!

Sunday, which was Valentine's and Six Nations, and had no Christmas movie tournament, by comparison, only had a paltry 28 posts- however, this is still actually double the amount of posts we had on the same Sunday last year! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    In the last week, we've now had THREE days (last Thu as Loughc said, then Monday and Tuesday just gone) where we passed the 200 post mark. :D

A whopping 230 posts on Pancake Tuesday!!

Sunday, which was Valentine's and Six Nations, and had no Christmas movie tournament, by comparison, only had a paltry 28 posts- however, this is still actually double the amount of posts we had on the same Sunday last year! :pac:

Am not surprised to be honest.

In my short enough time around here, that best movie thread was one of the best for poster engagement.

Also not knowing when the next match was meant I certainly checked in more and then probably posted in other threads as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We've broken the 2k post mark today for February. For the first time ever, 1k of that is easily down to the Movie tournament.

We've broken the 2k post mark today for February. For the first time ever, 1k of that is easily down to the Movie tournament.

'And the Oscar for best thread goes to........'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭DvB

So is that the best ever January & February now for 2021? Still expect the post count to dip in the summer months but even allowing for that its an incredibly strong start to the year.

With another 2 or 3 tournaments to come, could be a bumper year yet!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

STATS STATS STATS!!!

I completely forgot about the February stats due to work.

February 21 ended up 1,522 ahead of last February. For the 2 months of Jan & Feb we are now 3,087 post ahead of last year.

We've surpassed the yearly total number of posts already for the years 2009 - 2011.

Wednesday is currently the busiest day of the year for posting... but that's only 5 posts ahead of Monday. Tuesday sits in 3rd place. Saturday is rock bottom on the list.

Suspect we'll see ahuge drop off for Marhc. Its definitely been a lot quieter in here the last couple of weeks.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Suspect we'll see ahuge drop off for Marhc. Its definitely been a lot quieter in here the last couple of weeks.

And it probably went the other way the second hand of March last year as started lockdown 1.

Be interesting to see how March this year ends up compared to last.

TRS30 wrote: »
    And it probably went the other way the second hand of March last year as started lockdown 1.

Be interesting to see how March this year ends up compared to last.

We're only half way through this March and already closing in on last March's total number of posts :)

We're only half way through this March and already closing in on last March's total number of posts :)

Really!? wow... wouldn't have thought that at all. Goes to show how much busier we've gotten that a perceived quiet few weeks is still way up on previous years.
    great to see.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't have thought that at all. Pleasantly surprised to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m do my part :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m do my part :D

Not all heroes wear capes :D

And last March has been defeated :)

And we're only at the 19th!! wow... seems there's even more of us now that 'need a little christmas' :)

Take that March 2020!

Looking forward to seeing the final tally for March now...

Looking forward to seeing the final tally for March now...

Results incoming tomorrow when I’m back on the laptop and fire up the excel sheet :D

Results incoming tomorrow when I’m back on the laptop and fire up the excel sheet :D

LOL.. its like you were waiting for someone to ask... I take it work and the new puppy has kept you busy?

LOL.. its like you were waiting for someone to ask... I take it work and the new puppy has kept you busy?

I had Monday and Tuesday off work so I’ve been up the walls catching up what I missed.

Will have time tomorrow though to pop back online :)

Also the puppy is a nut job haha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My puppy is still a nut job, and she's nearly 7. :(
    Loughc's idea of a nice day off. :p

Posy wrote: »
    Loughc's idea of a nice day off. :p

This is a day in work.... shhhhh... :P

March ended up 646 posts ahead of last year. We are now 3,733 posts ahead for the year.

March ended up 646 posts ahead of last year. We are now 3,733 posts ahead for the year.

3733 ahead in 3 months, wow.

3733 ahead in 3 months, wow.

After one day we've already reached about 20% of last Aprils post totals too. SO I imagine April will be blitzed out of it too.

After one day we've already reached about 20% of last Aprils post totals too. SO I imagine April will be blitzed out of it too.

Don’t know which of these is more impressive!!

Don’t know which of these is more impressive!!

April 2020 was the weakest month last year, so maybe not that one!

April 2020 was the weakest month last year, so maybe not that one!

Wouldn’t have guessed that. Would have said one of the summer months.

Wouldn’t have guessed that. Would have said one of the summer months.

Nah, we had plenty of folk craving Christmas early last year... or maybe that was just me LOL

• Advertisement

Anyone for some mid month stat madness?

So with the help of the last tournament we ended up so far this month 161 posts ahead of last April's total number of posts :) We are almost 4,000 posts ahead of this time last year for the first 4 months of the year.

Advertisement