Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just one more work day in January!! And diet or no diet we are getting a takeaway tomorrow... agree, roll on Friday!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Just one more work day in January!! And diet or no diet we are getting a takeaway tomorrow... agree, roll on Friday!

Agreed. I Got a voucher that expires 1st Feb so I’ll be silly if I don’t use it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That had to be the quietest day in here so far in 2021, seemed very quiet.

A fun stat for you only 3 days this year have had less than 50 posts all 3 were Saturdays.

Loughc wrote: »
    Agreed. I Got a voucher that expires 1st Feb so I’ll be silly if I don’t use it tomorrow.

Absolutely. Go for it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Today was rough. Work was insane. But it ended well if strangely with my 6 year olds birthday. Hopefully we al get the energy back for posting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    I think it probably was!

I'm tired of this dreary weather, it is sapping what little energy I have. :(

I got out for a quick walk to get youngest asleep in the buggy. Was looking forward to fresh air however was that light drizzle that doesn't look bad but you end up soaked :(
    A fun stat for you only 3 days this year have had less than 50 posts all 3 were Saturdays.

I could be big headed and say it's because I haven't been posting on a Saturday however is much more likely people taking a break from computers/screen and getting outside.

So we’re all agreed then it’s TRS’ fault when we low post :pac:

So we’re all agreed then it’s TRS’ fault when we low post :pac:

Sorry Sir, promise I wouldn't do it again :P

TRS30 wrote: »
    I could be big headed and say it's because I haven't been posting on a Saturday however is much more likely people taking a break from computers/screen and getting outside.

Suspect its the January slump is all. The song tournament pushed it out by a few weeks but its inevitable we'll get a drop off as the longest month of the year** progresses :D

** & its finally over!!!

Suspect its the January slump is all. The song tournament pushed it out by a few weeks but its inevitable we'll get a drop off as the longest month of the year** progresses :D

** & its finally over!!!

First thing I did this morning was check my phone to make sure it really was February as January has been soooooooooo long!!

• Advertisement

So after 2 days of posting we've already posted 18% of February's total number of posts from last year.

So after 2 days of posting we've already posted 18% of February's total number of posts from last year.

18.267% now :)

Ignore the stats lads, the film thread is gonna generate enough traffic to blow these to shreds IMO:)

Ignore the stats lads, the film thread is gonna generate enough traffic to blow these to shreds IMO:)

tenor.gif

Volumes of posts today is flying! :)

Volumes of posts today is flying! :)

So yesterday is now the busiest day of the forum so far. When starting a tournament in February I didn't think there'd be much appetite but boy was I wrong.

Also more interestingly enough, the tournament posting only accounted for 35% of yesterday's tally, it just means once people drop in they contribute to conversation elsewhere which is great to see.

So yesterday is now the busiest day of the forum so far. When starting a tournament in February I didn't think there'd be much appetite but boy was I wrong.

Also more interestingly enough, the tournament posting only accounted for 35% of yesterday's tally, it just means once people drop in they contribute to conversation elsewhere which is great to see.

The movie and post lock down threads, was like a one two punch on the stats :)

9 Days into Feb 2021 and we have surpassed Feb 2020's total.

Last year had an extra day as well!

The movie tournament is gonna quadruple the months previous best all by itself!!
    Its happening so fast its hard to keep up!

• Advertisement

The movie tournament is gonna quadruple the months previous best all by itself!!
    Its happening so fast its hard to keep up!

It'll settle down as we get to the later rounds, some tough matchups already in the last 32...

Big day for stats, yesterday for the first time ever we broke the 200 posts in a day mark. To put that into context we posted in one day 33% of what we would have posted for the entire month last February.

We have now over 1k posts for Feb and we have now passed 2011's total number of posts for the entire year.

Big day for stats, yesterday for the first time ever we broke the 200 posts in a day mark. To put that into context we posted in one day 33% of what we would have posted for the entire month last February.

We have now over 1k posts for Feb and we have now passed 2011's total number of posts for the entire year.

And another stat, that was my 18,000th post! :P

That alone shows how much the forum has grown. Great stuff.

Milestones all round :)

18K post wow, I'd have to get myself a Russian bot farm to get anywhere near that :)

Best movie thread closing in on song thread total already! Also nearly half the total of the actual Christmas movies thread :eek:

Best movie thread closing in on song thread total already! Also nearly half the total of the actual Christmas movies thread :eek:

More ties in the movies one I think so theoretically should generate a higher post count.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

It's getting to the stage when we can say "I remember the forum when it was just busy in the 'ber' months"

Jude13 wrote: »
    It's getting to the stage when we can say "I remember the forum when it was just busy in the 'ber' months"

Reminds me of the times when that was me, I'd sign off in January and not really post again until the Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

A positive from Covid is more traffic on this place. I would log in a few times a week from a sand hole somewhere hoping to get a bit of a Christmas buzz.

Advertisement