Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racing Syndicate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

WISE EAGLE will finally be out in the coming days as he has entries on thur,fri, sat and sun at 4 different tracks which should ensure we get a run.

Three are class 4 handicaps and one class 5,it will be nice to get him out of the mothballs and a good performance will add to his value before being sold.

Declared for Pontrefact thursday.

Wise Eagle runs at Ling tomorrow,Carries top weight in a mile and a half handicap which is a new trip for him.

Wise Eagle is well and worth ew support at 9./1.
    Has the jockey on board who won on him already and we are hopeful of a good run.

I think YTR can have a winner today Seas of Elzaam should be spot on after his recent run and can put it up to the hot fav and the horse that cost 375,000 in the 4.20 at Thirsk today..At 9 to2 he represents great ew value.

SEAS OF ELZAAM was starting to look disappointing and it was easy not to be confident about his chance in the class 5 handicap he was contesting at Chelmsford today at 3.55.

However the horse that beat him 2 and a half lengths when winning a 6 furlong handicap at the track two runs ago giving SEAS OF ELZAAM 2 lbs won a class 2 handicap at 3.25 today over 7 furlongs and that win gave us the courage to have a few quid ew and we were happy to see the horse carry the YTR colours to an impressive win at 5/1.

• Advertisement

SEAS OF ELZAAM is out again in the 7.oc at Newcastle tomorrow,has 6 lbs extra now after his last win but he was impressive enough last time.

I will post more about his chance tomorrow.

Horse is well and fancied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Horse is well and fancied.

Great run and win it took awhile but the horse is coming in to his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BK92

Massive thanks, you've rescued a losing week at Listowel Races !

Also, thanks for being so generous with the information, it's appreciated far more than the numbers of replies suggest !

A good day with Breath Caught doing the biz as well,Seas of Elzaam has come on a lot and may win more races but not for YTR,he goes to the sales in 4 weeks and the fact that won easily will ensure he makes a bit more as potential buyers will know he can improve again.

It would be nice to keep him as a four year old but YTR are buying 2 yearlings and keeping horses in training for more than one season is not the plan. We have Wise Eagle running on tuesday and it would be nice to get another win before he also goes to the sales.

Despite the curtailed season YTR has had a great year with the 3 horses all winning races.

Our horse WISE EAGLE runs on thursday wearing blinkers for the first time,it looks a tricky handicap and will give a rundown on his chance when we have had a good look at the race.

The horse is well and if the blinkers work he can run his race at a huge price,worth a bet for small stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The horse is well and if the blinkers work he can run his race at a huge price,worth a bet for small stakes.

What race is this in? Thanks

Edit: found it, thanks for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What race is this in? Thanks

6pm Chelmsford.

Ran badly,may have one more go at a shorter trip before he goes to the sales,the good news is that our syndicate manager nearly has a group organised to purchase a yearling to be trained in Ireland by Ken Condon.

WISE EAGLE has his last run for us in the 3.53 at Yarmouth when he drops back to a mile as i suggested he might after his last run over 10 furlongs.

I cannot encourage anyone to back him even though he has been dropped 4 lbs,if back to his best would probably win here but thats a big if.

The blinkers are retained and we can only hope he does what he does at home,it is funny that the person who manages our syndicate will be at the yearling sales at Newmarke trying to buy a couple of group horses (hardly on our budget,but we live in hope) and the good news is one will be trained in the Curragh by Ken Condon.

WISE EAGLE is 25/1 with PP and i have already had a score ew and if the news is positive tomorrow i will dip my toe again but not for large stakes.

Going to keep him among horses and with the pace to try to keep him interested.
    We can only hope he runs better than last time so fingers crossed.

One chapter ending and another begins,our girl got us a Bated Breath filly (won 4 group 1s) Lot 1622 at the sales today in Newmarket 22,000 gns.

Goes into training with Ken Condon so we are all hoping that the virus is under control when our filly is ready to run next year all going well.

• Advertisement

One chapter ending and another begins,our girl got us a Bated Breath filly (won 4 group 1s) Lot 1622 at the sales today in Newmarket 22,000 gns.

Goes into training with Ken Condon so we are all hoping that the virus is under control when our filly is ready to run next year all going well.

YTR got its 2nd yearling for 20.000 gns lot 644 another Bated Breath filly that looks really well and goes to David Omeara.

If anyone wants to see our new filly to be trained by Ken Condon in the Curragh go on facebook,York Thoroughbred Racing and see her move in the pre-training yard Mallow.

She looks really well to me and cant wait to see her contesting 2 year old races next year all going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭charlesanto

If anyone wants to see our new filly to be trained by Ken Condon in the Curragh go on facebook,York Thoroughbred Racing and see her move in the pre-training yard Mallow.

She looks really well to me and cant wait to see her contesting 2 year old races next year all going well.

Nice :D

Seas of Elzaam under the hammer today and Wise Eagle tomorrow,fingers crossed but not very hopeful about Wise Eagle.
    Out with the old in with the new as we dream about two new fillies for the new flat season.

Update,Wise Eagle made 7,000 gns not great but he appeared to go backwards a bit so not surprising.

Seas of Elzaam did not make the reserve despite winning his last two races in good style so stays in training unless a private offer is forthcoming.

Catt
    Update,Wise Eagle made 7,000 gns not great but he appeared to go backwards a bit so not surprising.

Seas of Elzaam did not make the reserve despite winning his last two races in good style so stays in training unless a private offer is forthcoming.

Wise Eagle runs today for new connections and I wish them well in first run over hurdles,at 33 to 1 Ithink they will be happy if he shows some promise.
    Eight hurdles may perk him up,we shall see.

He be came disappointing for us after winning on his 2nd run and I will watch today with interest.
    I posted this because one or two may be interested.
    Catterick 1.55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭I says

Catt

Wise Eagle runs today for new connections and I wish them well in first run over hurdles,at 33 to 1 Ithink they will be happy if he shows some promise.
    Eight hurdles may perk him up,we shall see.

He be came disappointing for us after winning on his 2nd run and I will watch today with interest.
    I posted this because one or two may be interested.
    Catterick 1.55.

Ran well the tail swishing would worry me a bit

He was always a bit quirky and there is no guarantee he will run as well next time but it's nice for connections that he ran with promise,we tried all the aids to get him to concentrate so we will see how he goes.He has a bit of an engine if he may use it.

Seas of Elzaam now sold privately but staying with David Omeara for new owners.

• Advertisement

Seas of Elzaam now sold privately but staying with David Omeara for new owners.

PRINCE ELZAAM,our first winner for the Yorkthoroughbredracing syndicate (we sold him to Bahrain owners for £60,000) won in Bahrain today following a couple of near misses with Callum Rodriguez on board.

I put this up for the handful of people who like to be kept up to date on the fate of former YTR horses.

SEAS OF ELZAAM has his first run for his new owners in the 3.20 at Newcastle tomorrow,up in class in an ordinary race but it is a class 4.

Only up 3 lbs after last win if he is ready after 97 days off he could go close but i have no information as to his chances.

Seas ran well for a long way probably got his head in front for a time before appearing to fade into 4th beaten about 2 lengths,i am trying to find out if the run was needed and if it was he is sure to win again and may even go down a pound in the ratings.
    The new YTR filly arrived at the yard of Ken Condon today from the pre training yard,not named yet, a few are being considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Seas is out again tomorrow at Chelmsford, looks like he won here previously also. Worth an ew crack at 18/1?

Seas is out again tomorrow at Chelmsford, looks like he won here previously also. Worth an ew crack at 18/1?

Jeez,two ex YTR horses out tomorrow as Wise Eagle runs in the 12.40 at Catterick and despite flashing his tail is not out of it.

SEAS would have a real chance if coming on from last run in a race thats no tougher.

However drawn 12 is not a help and that puts me off.

Iwill try to get the story in the morning and if i hear anything i will let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nice one, PP paying 4 places in the Seas of Elzaam race also! Had a bit on for interest.

Wise Eagle out tomorrow in an AW bumper 2.55 Newcastle,i dont know if he stays that far on the flat (did not appear to stay one and a half miles) but stayed 2 miles well enough over hurdles and i will not be backing him tomorrow but hope he goes well for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Wise Eagle out tomorrow in an AW bumper 2.55 Newcastle,i dont know if he stays that far on the flat (did not appear to stay one and a half miles) but stayed 2 miles well enough over hurdles and i will not be backing him tomorrow but hope he goes well for them.

o no....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

The eagle has landed...

WISE runs well and gets up to win a short head i am only sorry i did not throw a score on him.

Delighted for the new syndicate and now that we know he gets the 2 mile trip they can have some fun with him on the flat and over hurdles.

Our problem was that we did not want to keep him in training and we have no interest in racing NH horses and winning a couple of races like todays would not even cover expenses so we cannot have any regrets for letting him go and now that he has shown he stays i may have a few quid on next time.

Seas of Elzaam will be out again soon i am told and he will probably be the second of our two horses to win after we sold him and that will be good for the new owners.

• Advertisement

SEAS OF ELZAAM has Danny Tudhope on board and has a good chance of becoming the 2nd ex YTR horse to win for its new owners in recent days and i will be having a few quid on ew.

Cailin Cliste is the name that will be registered for the filly that is now in training with Ken Condon,lets hope she lives up to her name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

SEAS OF ELZAAM has Danny Tudhope on board and has a good chance of becoming the 2nd ex YTR horse to win for its new owners in recent days and i will be having a few quid on ew.
    Any thoughts on SOE for today in the 7 o'clock?

I think he can improve a little though someone involved whose views i respect thinks he may be high enough in the ratings.

If that is the case David will get him dropped a few lbs and he should win more races,i will not back it tonight unless i hear something but will not be shocked if he runs well.

Cailin Cliste is the name that will be registered for the filly that is now in training with Ken Condon,lets hope she lives up to her name.

Cailin Cliste coming along fine and she will be out in 3 weeks,will report on wellbeing closer to the day.

I see two former YTR horses won at Catterick today in the 2.50 and 3.20,Wise Eagle and Seas of Elzaam,it goes to show that the two who run our syndicate,John and Jodi can buy winners,the handful of horses we had have all been winners so lets hope the luck holds when our first venture in Ireland, Cailin Cliste (runs in a couple of weeks,when she will probably will be taking on the OBriens and all the other top trainers in a fillies maiden in Tipp) tries to keep our record going.

I see two former YTR horses won at Catterick today in the 2.50 and 3.20,Wise Eagle and Seas of Elzaam,it goes to show that the two who run our syndicate,John and Jodi can buy winners,the handful of horses we had have all been winners so lets hope the luck holds when our first venture in Ireland, Cailin Cliste (runs in a couple of weeks,when she will probably will be taking on the OBriens and all the other top trainers in a fillies maiden in Tipp) tries to keep our record going.

We may now wait for a race at Naas the following week.

Goes today 1.25 Naas it's a real good contest with a few expensive well bred runners,Lyons horse is said to be a machine.I have a couple of modest bets on ours betting without and I hope she runs with promise.

Goes today 1.25 Naas it's a real good contest with a few expensive well bred runners,Lyons horse is said to be a machine.I have a couple of modest bets on ours betting without and I hope she runs with promise.

Happy enough with todays race,the winner looks like a contender for the Albany stakes in Royal Ascot,ours will improve and i got the place money on my two bets without the fav ew at 18s and without 2 at 11s.

Looking forward to Cailins next run.

Cailin Cliste will come on for the run and will have an optimistic entry for a group 3 in three weeks time plus a couple of other entries around the same time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement