Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

sweetie wrote:
    You can use your credit to subscribe to Shudder, the horror streaming service

Same with HayU, the reality streaming app

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Plex Pass subscription can be bought using credit too

• Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

sweetie wrote: »
    You can use your credit to subscribe to Shudder, the horror streaming service

Oh great thanks for that... My credit at over 150....is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Plex Pass subscription can be bought using credit too

How so?

How so?

If I recall correctly:
    On the Plex phone app, click your name top left->Settings->Account

And then there should be an "upgrade account" or similar button midway down.
    Then just go through the checkout process using three billing

• Advertisement

If I recall correctly:
    On the Plex phone app, click your name top left->Settings->Account

And then there should be an "upgrade account" or similar button midway down.
    Then just go through the checkout process using three billing

Done a year at 40€. Thanks a million. Is a lifetime sub possible on three credit? I only had a oner in credit

Done a year at 40€. Thanks a million. Is a lifetime sub possible on three credit? I only had a oner in credit

I think (open to correction) that there is a daily spend limit of €40 through the app store, I've not bought any apps that cost more so I can't confirm.
    I'm currently running monthly subscription of Google Play Music and Plex Pass which more or less uses all my credit now.

Might be worth trying this time next year for the unlimited* :D

*Just be sure to make a billable call every 6 months so your credit doesn't expire so I believe

I think (open to correction) that there is a daily spend limit of €40 through the app store, I've not bought any apps that cost more so I can't confirm.
    I'm currently running monthly subscription of Google Play Music and Plex Pass which more or less uses all my credit now.

Might be worth trying this time next year for the unlimited* :D

*Just be sure to make a billable call every 6 months so your credit doesn't expire so I believe

Never knew that about the credit expiring! Thanks

Just got my final bonus €10 for switching to 3 a year ago. Have spent plenty, but have also accumulated over €150 credit.

My YouTube premium trial has just expired, so my outgoings of €13 for YouTube premium, €7 for MS Office 365 and €2 for Google Drive storage will now slightly exceed the €20/month going in.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If you're on the regular 3 PAYG AYCE plan, unused top-ups expire after six months of being in the queue, regardless of what chargeable uses you make. So if you top up €20 a month, you can't accumulate more than six months' worth of €20 top-ups or €120.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Quackster wrote: »

If you're on the regular 3 PAYG AYCE plan, unused top-ups expire after six months of being in the queue, regardless of what chargeable uses you make. So if you top up €20 a month, you can't accumulate more than six months' worth of €20 top-ups or €120.
    On the site it says
    "If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use."
    That doesn't sound like you can't accumulate more than six months

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Connavar wrote: »
    On the site it says
    "If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use."

Keep reading.

I'm quite sure it also says charges are taken from the most recent top up first.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Connavar wrote: »
    On the site it says

Yep, that's how you prevent your active top-up from expiring. But it doesn't prevent queued top-ups from expiring

If you're on an ex-O2 plan though, one chargeable use every six months is all that's needed to keep all your credit from expiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

whiteley91 wrote: »
    I downloaded the app and clicked for the yearly fee and play store pay comes up and I used the carrier billing there. You need to be on three and have carrier billing setup as a payment method

Hi again

Unfortunately with Vodafone it's €30 daily limit so can't get PIA yearly €43 subscription. Says transaction exceeded.

I thought three had €30 limit also so where you able to get a way around it or did it just work ok for you.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

You can now buy twitch bits and subscriptions with your credit.
    To support your fav streamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Alright lads, I just switched over to vodafone PAYG and am trying to figure out how to use my vodafone credit as a payment option on google play.

When I go to the play store and click "account" and then click "payment methods" I am given 4 options:

1)Add a credit card
    2)Add Paypal
    3)Redeem Code
    4)More payment options

None of these options say anything about using your vodafone credit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks guys

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Alright lads, I just switched over to vodafone PAYG and am trying to figure out how to use my vodafone credit as a payment option on google play.

When I go to the play store and click "account" and then click "payment methods" I am given 4 options:

1)Add a credit card
    2)Add Paypal
    3)Redeem Code
    4)More payment options

Thanks guys

Are you trying to add it on WiFi or mobile Data? Im pretty sure you only get the option while your on mobile Data.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Are you trying to add it on WiFi or mobile Data? Im pretty sure you only get the option while your on mobile Data.

tried it on wifi and mobile data but still dont have the option

thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

tried it on wifi and mobile data but still dont have the option

thanks for your reply
    Had same issue on Android Oreo. Once updated to Pie Vodafone appeared as payment option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Try signing out of play store, then look for a cheap app to buy and click on it. It'll ask you to sign in and choose payment method. Might let you stop after that without completing purchase by going back restore homepage. That's how I got set up long time ago, but am with three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

thebo wrote: »
    Hi again

Unfortunately with Vodafone it's €30 daily limit so can't get PIA yearly €43 subscription. Says transaction exceeded.

I thought three had €30 limit also so where you able to get a way around it or did it just work ok for you.

Thanks

Yeah it just worked for me, I didn't have any problems or warnings pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

1)Add a credit card
    2)Add Paypal
    3)Redeem Code
    4)More payment options

Thanks guys

Have you done any topups?

Does anyone know if you can buy e-gift cards anywhere using credit?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I tried adding Vodafone phone credit as an option on the Apple store but can’t find it as an option
    Am I missing something obvious or can’t it be done ?

Do you mean the obvious thing like how it only works on Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Can I download an emulator for Android and set up YouTube premium or do I actualy have to put my sim into an android?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    So it can’t be done then, that’s all you had to say
    I’ve never used pay as you go before and the phone has €60 of credit
    Have to think of another way to use it up

The title of the thread says android

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Kuva wrote: »
    You have to put your SIM into a proper phone for it to work.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Anyone know a VPN service that can be paid for monthly with credit?

BKWDR wrote: »

Private internet access have €7 per month through their app. There is also a €43 per year option which unfortunately doesn't work with Vodafone as their is €30 daily limit although it seems to work for three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

BKWDR wrote: »

Express VPN

Advertisement