Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elder Scrolls Online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll actually take a beta key if anyone has one. New pc is up and running finally.

Last stress test they were just handing them out. If you created an account on eso site you got a key.. Dunno if it's the same now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah ok, will try that later today. Might just pre-order it anyway, as i want to be able to play any race in any alliance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I'm looking to pre order this game, and looking for the best deal at the moment. So far the cheapest I found was 44 euro on Green Man Gaming, though I haven't used that website before and dunno how good are they.
    Has anyone else seen any good deals for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    I'm looking to pre order this game, and looking for the best deal at the moment. So far the cheapest I found was 44 euro on Green Man Gaming, though I haven't used that website before and dunno how good are they.

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/cd-key-download-the-elder-scrolls-online-454

Few places there with cheaper keys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    So far the cheapest I found was 44 euro on Green Man Gaming, though I haven't used that website before and dunno how good are they.

Green Man Gaming are spot on. The only other good deal floating around at the minute that I can see is the one at the following link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/208c9x/funstock_digital_elder_scrolls_online_beta_access/?sort=new

A beta code, pre order and a £15 discount code isn't too shabby.

Check the following search for some of the deals floating around:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/search?q=elder+scrolls&sort=new&restrict_sr=on&t=all

If it wasn't for uPlay having atrocious DRM I'd say their pre order offer is the best. TESO Imperial Edition + Assassins creed black flag free can't top that really.

EDIT: Actually from reading up on the deal it seems you wouldn't necessarily have to use the uPlay launcher...can't be 100% sure however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

hmms, won't get much time with it this weekend, but should hopefully get enough in to level on of my chars from the last beta up enough to hit Cyridiil. At this point I don't have the time/inclination to put into a regular raiding schedule so PvP will probably determine how long I end up playing this.

AMD just sent out an email saying that a beta key for TESO can be bought for 10 RP through the gaming evolved raptr app if anyone is looking for a way to get a key.

For those with AMD graphics cards that don't have the app: You can download it, get it to detect some of your pc games and optimize one or two to instantly get RP (Reward Points).

Servers seem to be up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had a go there of the new build and the supposedly improved combat, im not seeing any improvement at all.
    As with the previous builds ranged is okay but melee is god awful imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dcully wrote: »
    Had a go there of the new build and the supposedly improved combat, im not seeing any improvement at all.
    As with the previous builds ranged is okay but melee is god awful imho.

Way better melee IMO. NPC's no longer make contact regardless of if they are not in range, hit detection is vastly improved.

Sorry but i dont see any improvement at all.
    Its as if your swinging at thin air,very poor imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

can you skip the tutorial areas yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lukker- wrote: »
    Way better melee IMO. NPC's no longer make contact regardless of if they are not in range, hit detection is vastly improved.

Yeah my friend is beside me on a laptop and it's pretty dodgy at times for him, his problem seems to be a latency issue though.

Dcully wrote: »
    Sorry but i dont see any improvement at all.
    Its as if your swinging at thin air,very poor imo.

?? What? How can you not feel the difference? I've only just stared a new melee and it feels sooooo much better. Even actually swinging at air feels better. I feel like I'm making proper impact when hitting a mob now. I frickin love it so far. Granted I'm not even out of coldharbour yet but so far, new patch = win!

I would like some impact when hitting a wall though. Cosmetic side of things but it would be nice.

The starting area is much nicer now too. No weapon choice during it but mobs hit harder, new "boss" type ending, better ambiance.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah my friend is beside me on a laptop and it's pretty dodgy at times for him, his problem seems to be a latency issue though.

It could have been latency, ill give it another go later.

• Advertisement

Could anyone tell me what I have to rename to get back from the US version to the EU version? It's not doing it automatically for me.

Edit: Seems to be working now, despite throwing up error messages saying it couldn't do it.

Ok, one thing I do not like at all.
    Finish coldharbour and you are landed in the main town instead of the beginner town. That's fine, knew it was coming. But they really need to fix how you get back to the newb town. It's a mess. People talking about deeds you've already carried out there when you've not even been yet. No clear idea how to get back to start these quests (took some running around but I eventually found an npc quest giver).
    They need to have some sort of clear choice on doing the newb towns or not, pref when leaving coldharbour.

==edit== I have stopped playing for now. The latest patch just made up my mind. Love it all in all. Sure it has a few things that need to be worked out but right now, for me its a win. Don't want to spoil anything more and I wan't to fully enjoy leveling a character from scratch and not having to repeat quests.
    If I get too bored I'll log back on but hopefully not.
    Off to rust I go.

Noxin wrote: »
    Ok, one thing I do not like at all.
    Finish coldharbour and you are landed in the main town instead of the beginner town. That's fine, knew it was coming. But they really need to fix how you get back to the newb town. It's a mess. People talking about deeds you've already carried out there when you've not even been yet. No clear idea how to get back to start these quests (took some running around but I eventually found an npc quest giver).
    They need to have some sort of clear choice on doing the newb towns or not, pref when leaving coldharbour.
    Odd, what faction did you do it on? As far as I remember, the first questgiver you come accross after getting off the ship points you to talk to the one who gives you the option to head back. It works reasonably well from what I've seen, though coming straight from coldharbour some of the quests were pretty difficult playing as a sorc. It's like they compensated for you being a level or two lower but not for you having a lot less skill points and hence a lot less abilities.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Odd, what faction did you do it on? As far as I remember, the first questgiver you come accross after getting off the ship points you to talk to the one who gives you the option to head back. It works reasonably well from what I've seen, though coming straight from coldharbour some of the quests were pretty difficult playing as a sorc. It's like they compensated for you being a level or two lower but not for you having a lot less skill points and hence a lot less abilities.

I was ebonheart for this one.

Noxin wrote: »
    I was ebonheart for this one.
    Ah ok, I did it as AD last night.

Right now though, despite having actually played last night, the launcher has decided that I don't have enough disk space and is telling me to free up 60gb before trying again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Blowfish wrote: »
    Right now though, despite having actually played last night, the launcher has decided that I don't have enough disk space and is telling me to free up 60gb before trying again...

I get the same message when launching, but if I close the message window I can just ignore it and log in as normal.

Only played the game for about 3 hours, and the melee combat system got quite a big update. This just made it easier to make up my mind about the game. The only thing I didn't like about the new intro was that they limited our weapons choice when doing the intro quest and the ending boss a bit too easy :)

Sconsey wrote: »
    I get the same message when launching, but if I close the message window I can just ignore it and log in as normal.
    Didn't show the login options for me when I ignored it. Skipping the launcher and just running the exe directly worked though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I actually like the melee combat now, doesnt feel like im swinging at thin air anymore. But i dunno its really annoying i want to love this game but i just cant get into it at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone else experiencing extremely slow load times when logging in?

Decided to give another shot at the Beta, but a 5 minute load time when logging to the character screen, followed by another 5 mins when I increased the graphics is really really off-putting.

Been playing for a few hours again and haven't had any similar problem to what you are having Sonics2k .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Seems to be sorted out now, made myself an Orc and playing around a bit.

Combat seems a bit smoother from last time I was on the beta a few weeks back. I'm off tomorrow so I may spend the day playing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When is it being released for ps4?

When is it being released for ps4?

June. No exact date set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I want to give ESO a go, but 55 euro and a monthly sub is really putting me off. Where is the cheapest place to buy this game?

• Advertisement

It's around €35 on G2Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

reading loads of bad press about this game. all i can say is that's good news for the game, i'd be worried if it was getting rave reviews like some other mmorpgs in the past.

bought my early access pack, can't wait to play on sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How big is the world? Is it set across all the elder scroll worlds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

All of Tamriel afaik. You start in differnet areas depending on your faction and then progress to the central area to either try and take/hold forts/cities for your faction or do side quest... or just rove in bands looking to skirmish or whatever. Cannot wait! :)

esomap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NakedMonkey

I pre-ordered yesterday but it was a tough decision with the price of it. You should at least get 60 days free.

I pre-ordered yesterday but it was a tough decision with the price of it. You should at least get 60 days free.

Exactly how I feel, thanks to Kiith though I'll get it a price that's a little easier to stomach.

Peetrik wrote: »
    All of Tamriel afaik. You start in differnet areas depending on your faction and then progress to the central area to either try and take/hold forts/cities for your faction or do side quest... or just rove in bands looking to skirmish or whatever. Cannot wait! :)

esomap.jpg

awesome,hmmmmmmm Im tempted now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I'm Still unsure weather to pre order or not i like all Elder scrolls games but the Beta was just your normal run of the mil MMO feel to it am still tempted to buy it though

Will probably pre-order this today. When does the headstart begin?

• Advertisement

Sunday 12pm

Bought this today, thinking i'd be able to play from Sunday. But the 5 day headstart only applies if you bought it directly from Bethesda. It's a 3 day headstart from other retailers.

Bah!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Bought this today, thinking i'd be able to play from Sunday. But the 5 day headstart only applies if you bought it directly from Bethesda. It's a 3 day headstart from other retailers.

Nearly made the same mistake myself

very same, but as excited as I am to play it, I'm willing to delay my start by 2 days in order to save 15 euro. It's a trade off I'd make every time!

Has anyone had any luck finding a boxed Imperial Edition for PC?

really enjoying this i have to say. game runs like a dream on my fairly **** laptop which was a relief. crafting is the best i've seen in a game, it's as deep as you want it to be, something for everyone there. questing is actually enjoyable, feels like proper single player RPG quests. hit 10 yesterday and went looking for a dungeon group which didn't work out well, as their is no "holy trinity" it seems there is nothing stopping groups of 4 dps being made. i tried several times, always the same so gave up. had a gander in cyrodiil to, it is actually awesome. for anyone a bit worried about just a single zone for pvp, don't be, the place is amazing. it's just like a fantasy themed planetside 2. and it's huuuuge.

skills are pretty awesome. so many choices for builds you will be thinking long and hard before spending each skill point. you can upgrade spells into more awesome versions too, cool! i'm still in the same zone since sunday, there is so much to do in them, i still have loads left, haven't even started hunting sky shards yet.

still not sure exactly how this megaserver works. will i always get the same people in game or is it totally random every time? and how does it work in cyrodiil? that is one zone where you really need that sense of community. you want to go there and see the same guilds/people fighting away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

That 3 day head start on Pre-orders... reckon retailers would send out the copy with it, or on official day of release?

If not, well then that sucks... @ 57 of 60GB cap :(

froog wrote: »
    still not sure exactly how this megaserver works. will i always get the same people in game or is it totally random every time? and how does it work in cyrodiil? that is one zone where you really need that sense of community. you want to go there and see the same guilds/people fighting away.
    With Cyrodiil you pick a campaign and are in that one from then on. You can only transfer by paying alliance points or when a campaign ends.

Hey, even though I was thinking of pre-ordering this I didn't go around in doing so. What are people thinking of the game so far? In previous beta weekends I got to around level 6 on most classes and that involved a good bit of running around which got boring after a while. Is there more action that involves less running around and talking to npc's later on in the game?

another great day today - got to clear a dungeon finally, was good fun, and reasonably challenging. did one of the world group thingys and some more fun in cyrodiil, 50 v 50 battle to take a bridge, still going on as a i type. it is a lag fest tho, i needed to put settings to absolute minimum so the large battles were playable fps-wise.

just finished with the first zone now, probably spent 15 or so hours there, could probably spend another 10 there to be honest, loads to do.

Played for a few hours last night, and really enjoying it. Zones are huge, with a massive amount of things to do. I spent 30 minutes fishing, and another 60 or so just crafting (which is really well done). Combat is grand, and i'm playing a ranged Argonian assassin type character (as i always do in Elder Scrolls).

Not sure how long it'll keep me hooked, but it's definitely worth giving it a shot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement