Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Really wish they would stop ****ing about with the standard modes. Quads gone from the playlist.

Why can’t they just leave a permenant playlist of the smaller maps in both core and HC. Add whatever other gimmicky sh1t playlists they want after that.

Same for war zone. Just leave the standard modes alone

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Really wish they would stop ****ing about with the standard modes. Quads gone from the playlist.

They brought back quads tonight, won 3 games tonight so up to 47 wins now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I wish they made it easier to add people from your squad to your friend list :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hadn't played this in a while, and gave it a quick go last weekend. Think it was Rumble I played, the 50v50 TDM. I liked it. Mostly snipers, but I like sniping even if i'm not very good at it. Turned it on again last night and it's gone. I don't understand that. I've stopped playing again.

And my god does it insist on having Crossplay enabled. Disable it. Start game of Rumble. "Enable crossplay". No. Wait about 2 minutes and 'Enable crossplay". No. Two more minutes and eventually get a match. Same every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 limerick17

Well lads just wondering is anyone else having an issue where you are stuck in the pre game lobby and cannot get a game.

I’ve changed Nat type to open as it was set to strict but still the same issue. It’s been like this for a few days.

Just wondering does anyone have a fix for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 limerick17

Well lads just wondering is anyone else having an issue where you are stuck in the pre game lobby and cannot get a game.

I’ve changed Nat type to open as it was set to strict but still the same issue. It’s been like this for a few days.

limerick17 wrote: »

I’m on PS4 and was playing away grand last night. Haven’t really had any issues getting games tbh. Can you join friends lobbies and get into a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

limerick17 wrote: »

PC or console?

heroics wrote: »
    Anyone any tips for getting the 357 gold. It is now my most hated gun I’ve had to use. All the other pistols got gold in a couple of hours. This thing is so inconsistent.

I take it back. I hadnt got to the snipers yet. Ax50 is the first weapon I’ve completed all the challenges except the first one (450 kills). At the moment I’m doing better with the knife than the sniper rifle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just a reminder there is a big old update to download, it's there all ready for anyone looking to kick it off
    Around 32GB + 3.5GB patch for MP
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1277780209694015488?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Just a reminder there is a big old update to download, it's there all ready for anyone looking to kick it off
    Around 32GB + 3.5GB patch for MP
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1277780209694015488?s=19

Just literally turned on and there it is :(

Some details about what's happening including needs for the MP5 and Grau 200 player warzone, new map Chesire park 24/7 playlist and my favourite news Shoot the Ship 24/7 is back :)

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1277775902110355457?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hate guns getting nerfed. Mp5 is my most used, it's only a nerf to range which hopefully won't be too dramatic and the 10mm rounds which I don't use.
    The nerfed the range to the Galil as well which is weird as I thought they were trying to get people to stop using the grau which has also been nerfed. Seems to be a range and oddly enough a recoil nerf, which they don't normally do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

can you not do split screen spec ops missions in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

200 player Quads Battle Royale as part of the update too. Can't wait to win one of those (I'll be waiting a while).

Finally got a Duos win last night. I think it's probably the hardest of all the BR modes from my experience.

I really think WZ is optimized for trios. Solo is a campfest and duos is similar or at least not as active as the modes with larger parties. Quads is a pain unless you're in a full group and even then things can go South quick if one or two of you die.

I've come 4th in a solo but really haven't played that mode much. Won all the others several times. Probably find quads harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I really think WZ is optimized for trios. Solo is a campfest and duos is similar or at least not as active as the modes with larger parties. Quads is a pain unless you're in a full group and even then things can go South quick if one or two of you die.

I've come 4th in a solo but really haven't played that mode much. Won all the others several times. Probably find quads harder.

For sure its harder, I reckon it tips the balance a bit too far in terms of how chaotic the engagments get. in trios, you can have some of that 'downtime' that you get in other BR's to recompose yourself after a scrap. I think 200 players is going further muddy the waters tbh, it kinda makes it so that every drop is a hot one.

For sure its harder, I reckon it tips the balance a bit too far in terms of how chaotic the engagments get. in trios, you can have some of that 'downtime' that you get in other BR's to recompose yourself after a scrap. I think 200 players is going further muddy the waters tbh, it kinda makes it so that every drop is a hot one.

Kinda like that nowadays already. In one game last night we went for a contract that was 1400m away when we jumped and there were three other teams fighting for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Not much of a nerf to either gun in reality,they'll still be the meta for another while i reckon!

Now just have to wait to see what changes they made but didnt put in patch notes,every single update they do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just won my first game of Solos with 16 kills mostly with SMG (bizarrely)

Went to the Gulag after losing my first engagement and went a killstreak from there - I'd struggle to get 7 killstreak in Modern Warefare so getting 16 on warzone has me delighted. Caught one incredibly lucky break when a guy hit me with a buggy, but came over to loot me without realising I had a self revive and a few more lucky moments when people who had me fairly cornered got killed by a third party, but managed to kill all the other 4 in the final 5, so feel I deserved it in the end.

• Advertisement

They have taken out Shoot the ship and now we have the best of both worlds Shipment 24/7 5v5 and Shoothouse 8v8 24/7 :)

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1278627633648078848?s=19

The FAL apparently has the lowest time to kill by a wide margin from 0-18M in Warzone. It looks like they miscalculated something, somewhere, I hope.
    Will likely be fixed before I rank it up

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

If you use a double xp token at the same time will you get 4x?

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    If you use a double xp token at the same time will you get 4x?

I think it stacks btw I hope you are all using the Regiment option to set up the hour free double XP, even if you are not in a clan set one up with you as member pick a double XP happy hour that suits you and you can earn a free hour of double XP every day, it quadruples during this weekend btw

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I think it stacks btw I hope you are all using the Regiment option to set up the hour free double XP, even if you are not in a clan set one up with you as member pick a double XP happy hour that suits you and you can earn a free hour of double XP every day, it quadruples during this weekend btw

Oh I didn't know that I'll have to set one up today!

Mr.S wrote: »
    I ended up on a crossplay server with (I think) PC gamers, and in the text-chat, they kept giving out about people who use the MP5, why is that?! It's one of y favourite guns for short/mid range lol.

(typically only play console so you never hear other players :D)

It is the best gun at that range,if they are getting rinsed by it all the time then they should run it instead of crying :pac::pac:

Dozyart wrote: »
    It is the best gun at that range,if they are getting rinsed by it all the time then they should run it instead of crying :pac::pac:

there's a code of honour among these people not to use op stuff. You'd swear they were in professional competitions listening to some of the whinging and that nothing's getting them killed other than the other person has an MP5 or M4

Still though they got the grau nerfed in WZ

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This game infuriates me. Dying because I can't jump up a tiny rock to get away from the gas.

It's also booting out constantly due to inactivity. Keeps happening when in the last 10 aswell

• Advertisement

I had a horrible glitch/lag incident yesterday when down to the final two in a Duos game. Had my heartbeat sensor and went to switch to my gun, at which point nothing appeared. No button I could press would bring the ****ing thing up. The lads most have been laughing at me charging at them with nothing.

Shipment is so good for ranking up guns. Got the Gallil, Vector and (cough,cough) the Fal levelled up this weekend, in no time.
    The Fal is unreal now. As someone who's useless with semi autos you need to check it out. Warzone, regular MP it's all good.

Shipment is so good for ranking up guns. Got the Gallil, Vector and (cough,cough) the Fal levelled up this weekend, in no time.
    The Fal is unreal now. As someone who's useless with semi autos you need to check it out. Warzone, regular MP it's all good.

Whats the consensus on the FAL at the moment? I see a lot of chat about it at the weekend, I'm not a massive fan of it, but might consider putting in some time if its significantly OP.

That being said, I unlocked and max leveled the bruen at the weekend, looking forward to taking it into warzone, recoil seems very manageable and it hits like a truck.

The FAL is nuts in WZ. It's the fastest time to kill gun from 0-18M with no attachments and it's not even close. It's like 1/2 the time of the next best. It will murder an MP5 in that range. I mean seriously check it out.
    Whatever they did, they did by accident and no doubt it will be patched.

right 7th is the best i can do in warzone now haha (yes i camped like a bitch in the store room in the Quarry for a bit)

spent most of yesterday grinding to rank 55

keep going, if you're going solo it can be tricky, trios is probably the best although I do like duos as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Since they nerfed the MP5 adding a silencer to it makes it completely redundant. Couldnt kill someone with 80 rounds in the clip.

Had to swap out for the Grau to kill anything.

MP5 is still good up close. I don't use the 10mm 30 round mag which is what they really went after. They only took a metre I think off the range otherwise.

keep going, if you're going solo it can be tricky, trios is probably the best although I do like duos as well

We got shafted in Juggernaut trios at the weekend, had the high ground in the final circle and he just came into the house and slaughtered us like a terminator. I got out a window and came back in, but you cant do an execute move on a juggernaught :(

Watched a jackfrags video and he was jumping off buildings and landing beside players. He was dropping from maybe 40 or 50 feet after cutting his chute. The jugg does AOE damage and quite a lot of it on landing. OHKs players from a good distance, it looked mental.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Since they nerfed the MP5 adding a silencer to it makes it completely redundant. Couldnt kill someone with 80 rounds in the clip.

Had to swap out for the Grau to kill anything.

I only use the MP5 for clearing buildings or CQB....Grau,Bruen or FAL for anything not close to me!

• Advertisement

I've spent a bit of time trying to master to FAL because it's TTK time is soo good.

But it's such a pain to master I reckon I'll be pissed when they nerf it.

I think you really see the benefit of the new and broken FAL in WZ. It's good in regular MP but there are other guns that kill really fast (although not as fast).

Trying to quickscope my way to the new sniper. It's actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Using the MK2 on shipment. Played 8 games yesterday and in one game, just one, it was hitmarker city. Must have just been bad luck both otherwise it worked fine.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/call-of-duty-twitter-reacts-to-latest-ban-wave-modern-warfare-warzone-activision-esports-news/

saw this yesterday, large ban wave and allegedly some innocent collateral damage. now cheaters always protest their innocence but some rudimentary investigation of the banned accounts reveals many are below average players with no suspicious recent activity.
    Some suggestion people have been banned for offensive behaviour although apparently the option to report players for language has been removed which is strange
    I'm all for no mercy death sentences for player accounts who cheat, although would feel bad for any innocent bystanders caught up in it. no appeal, ban is permanent and you obviously lose everything

jesus the spawns on shipment are horrific :pac:

five times in a row i spawned into a death as someone was conveniently there to wipe me out :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    jesus the spawns on shipment are horrific :pac:

five times in a row i spawned into a death as someone was conveniently there to wipe me out :pac::pac:

The map is so small thats to be expected, what I don't like is allowing kill streaks on that map:mad::mad::mad:

Wave upon wave or cluster strikes and airstrikes. not to mention getting wiped by a cluster strike it just makes your screen shake non-stop and you cant aim.

I wish they would just have a no killstreak shipment map

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »

The map is so small thats to be expected, what I don't like is allowing kill streaks on that map:mad::mad::mad:

Wave upon wave or cluster strikes and airstrikes. not to mention getting wiped by a cluster strike it just makes your screen shake non-stop and you cant aim.

I wish they would just have a no killstreak shipment map

There was a nice 3v3 gamemode a few weeks ago with no killstreaks.

Tbh I just hate killstreaks in general "why am I getting killed by an aimbotting helicopter minigun because my team mates suck?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Warzone is torture tonight. Playing solo and getting high ping but every time I step outside a building I'm riddled with head shots. One of those nights. Can't seem to react at all to anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

errlloyd wrote: »
    There was a nice 3v3 gamemode a few weeks ago with no killstreaks.

Tbh I just hate killstreaks in general "why am I getting killed by an aimbotting helicopter minigun because my team mates suck?"

The lack of a SAM turret in this game is bizarre.

I think it's why BO2 was my favourite in the series. It had all the silly campy stuff, the killstreaks and the things that annoy me, but it also had launchers that didn't take 3 shots to shoot something down, proper Flak Jacket, emp grenades and perks that you could run so that you weren't bothered by killstreaks and didn't mean you were missing out on a must have perk.

God I hope they never unbreak the FAL in Warzone. Breun and any fal (although I have a loadout one) is my new way to go. 11 kills in a solo yesterday, it just melts people up close
    I'm actually doing bounties and looking for aggravation

Gulag is painful right now for pc players. I really dislike it

• Advertisement
Advertisement