Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Oskars joins the list of closed bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

so its now rubys, oxegen, muldoons the woodman and oskars that have closed???

Correct.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

What's the story with them anyway? When are they reopening? Jesus I was in Harvey's two weeks ago and it was just awful(well mire awful then usual).

Won't be this year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jesus I didn't know things had gotten that bad! =( Haven't been home in a few months. Are they closed for renovations or permanently?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Muldoons is going to be new restaurant lads...

I'd like to know where you're getting that info from. Last I heard is that they have no immediate plans for muldoons

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'd like to know where you're getting that info from. Last I heard is that they have no immediate plans for muldoons

Funny how ya get different stories floating. Last I heard was the builders for Rubys where were late starting, so it was delayed a few weeks. I take it from what your saying, we wont see it open until early/late next year?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

That is awful,

What happened to reopened in October? Wasn't that the early word?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Trust me I know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Funny how ya get different stories floating. Last I heard was the builders for Rubys where were late starting, so it was delayed a few weeks. I take it from what your saying, we wont see it open until early/late next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Abouttobebanned is right, there are big legal problems with ruby’s, and it could be even late into next year before anything happens with ruby’s, and there are problems with the planning permission that came with Muldoon’s. There was even talks of the them pulling out, says enough about Waterford’s non nightlife, and totally agree about Harvey’s was in there sat night and never again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

was walking past Bobby Mcgees (da Vinci's) last week and saw some chap in a suit wandering around inside and out, looks like he was surveying the place. Anyone know what's happening with it? (if I had the cash I'd love to own it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

The city really will be looking dull for the forseeable future :( i dont go down their much myself but still i dont want us as a city to become horrible place to come to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

anywhere for live music(poper live music:D)?????????

Revolution and Masons I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus I was in Harvey's two weeks ago and it was just awful(well mire awful then usual).

In what way was it bad? Overcrowded, empty?

It seems to me that nightlife will start progressing back into the city centre, back along Michael St, especially if DaVincis/Temple Bar is reopened. I never liked having everything on one corner. Too messy.

Is it busy midweek with the students back?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Was in Harveys on saturday and could barely move.That coupled with hating the place meant a fun night for all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Was in Harveys on saturday and could barely move.That coupled with hating the place meant a fun night for all :pac:

Whats escape like on a saturday night???

• Advertisement

Da vincis will be reopening soon enough but not as a bar. People are just not going out as much anymore but there is a chance for one more bar...but it needs to look good, have great service and be targeted at over 23s.

We need to be realistic about entertainment & music though. Some people really need be smacked hard in the face. They go out and unless they hear all their kind of music all night long they'll complain. If a venue chooses to go acoustic and rock..people will want lady gaga..if they choose to go mainstream chart then people will dismiss it as being a teeny boppers bar.

angry_fox wrote: »
    Whats escape like on a saturday night???
    No idea tbh.If I went in there id probably be accused of being a pervert and im 24 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I called out there around lunchtime and they were already stripping out the fittings. Most of the kitchen was out in the carpark and the bench seats were up on a trailer. The lads in Londis said that they started stripping it before seven this morning.

Shame to see it go used to like lunch there on a Saturday.

Probably on the move to Dublin:)

Go into a bar up in Dublin soon if you want to see that kitchen and furniture again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

No idea tbh.If I went in there id probably be accused of being a pervert and im 24 :pac:

I'd call you a pervert regardless :D

dayshah wrote: »
    In what way was it bad? Overcrowded, empty?

It seems to me that nightlife will start progressing back into the city centre, back along Michael St, especially if DaVincis/Temple Bar is reopened. I never liked having everything on one corner. Too messy.

Is it busy midweek with the students back?

oh good god overcrowded, I think I was a good 10min waiting to get served which to me is nine and half min to long.

Imagine if Harveys closed, what would everyone do with themselfs on a sat night:)

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I'd call you a pervert regardless :D
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

• Advertisement

Imagine if Harveys closed, what would everyone do with themselfs on a sat night:)
    Let find out!
    *gets matches*

Advertisement