Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I think they should be in showing support in a time of national crisis.

Compare Stephen Donnelly to Louise O Reilly on Primetime the other night. Chalk and cheese.

It's the time for unity not point scoring

Donnelly is an engineer. A fully qualified one.

Puts him ahead of most of the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Wouldn't be the first time something relating to SF has vanished.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭I see sheep

What have FG done that's any good in connection to COVID-19?

Have a useless health system?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Have a useless health system?

TBF I though Leo did a great job reading some fella from Galway speech.

Heart warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

they haven't completely ****ed things up

which is a victory when it comes to irish politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

they haven't completely ****ed things up

They were very slow to make a lot of critical decisions.

It remains to be seen if they ****ed it up or not.

It's not looking great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

limnam wrote: »
    They were very slow to make a lot of critical decisions.

It remains to be seen if they ****ed it up or not.

It's not looking great though.

SF are much happier hurling on the ditch

What major decisions did SF take as the largest party on Dublin City COuncil from 2014 to 2019? The only one I can remember is to fly the Palestinian flag on City Hall. How many social housing units did they build?

What critical decisions did SF take in the Stormont Executive from 2017 to 2020? One: to collapse the executive over a scandal they're now content to let slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I wish all the anti SF eejits would just go away, now is not the time to be acting like silly children

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Cribbing about the government perceived to be handling a crisis well is a waste of time , just watched John Mc Donnell reacting to Boris latest package essentially nationalising work and he was speechless , plenty of time to score points if things pan out badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Greyfox wrote: »
    I wish all the anti SF eejits would just go away, now is not the time to be acting like silly children

What disappear like SF have in the current crisis! ;-)

• Advertisement

they won't be happy that Leo and Co seem to be doing a reasonable job over the virus. its a major potential banana skin for any government and FG seem to be keeping it together so far. Leo, as far as his abilities allow, did a good job with his state of the nation address.

Is that not called “damned with faint praise” ?? :D

What disappear like SF have in the current crisis! ;-)

Maybe even disappear further, it's not like SF don't know people, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Is that not called “damned with faint praise” ?? :D
    well he's a snakey clown and no great orator but his delivery fitted the bill and served the purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Maybe even disappear further, it's not like SF don't know people, you know.

Oh shít ye :-(

Anyway they'll be back with a bang once things have all settled down, rest assured.

well he's a snakey clown and no great orator but his delivery fitted the bill and served the purpose

Indeed so. Compare and contrast with Boris. Or the Donald. God help the UK and USA. Although I see that Boris is coming late to the party.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Simply put, Fine Gael are in government and they control the levers of power.

Sinn Fein, for the moment, are the opposition.

Oh shít ye :-(

Anyway they'll be back with a bang once things have all settled down, rest assured.

Absolutely. They'll be out in a few weeks saying how they would have done everything better and some saps will believe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yet the millionth SF thread :D

SF are always the victim.

Funny how they were able to collapse Stormont over an Irish Language Act, yet last week when they could have collapsed Stormont over schools not closing, they did not do so.

In a choice between protest and positive action, protest always wins with SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mary lous kid goes to the Dublin school that was one of the first affected, so she has been in isolation every since.

This isn't a time for political point scoring.

They are looking after their families

That’s utter rubbish. Three other parents of kids in that school work with me. The parents were told that they don’t need to isolate only the kids. It’s her playing the victim card as usual.

Greyfox wrote: »

When you spend your life hiding from the spotlight, you sure don’t like it when it is turned on you. That is why some people don’t like these threads.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    That’s utter rubbish. Three other parents of kids in that school work with me. The parents were told that they don’t need to isolate only the kids. It’s her playing the victim card as usual.

Not only that, she set an early example of ignoring the rules set out by the HSE. The Irish entitlement culture live by the “I know best” and “I will do what I want” rules and rather than give real leadership and follow the expert guidelines, Mary-Lou played to that gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

SF say something: "They should shut the hell up and let FG sort this out."

SF say nothing: "Well well well, look at the cowardly Shinners hiding out when there's a real crisis."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

It's a no win scenario for all tds. Sf don't want to form a government and be responsible for morgue trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

MLMD was just on the radio there with Dermot and dave on an 'ask me anything'

"Demot & Dave" dear God, that's the place for her. SF would have a high vote from their listeners alright

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

risteard7 wrote: »
    "Demot & Dave" dear God, that's the place for her. SF would have a high vote from their listeners alright

I would have thought they were more niall boylan fans tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

No just being responsible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Well they haven't gone away you know

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Whatever your political leanings, Sinn Fein being in government now would be a disaster..... this is nothing personal but they have no experience or networks within the government departments - SF have not been in government and now is not the time for a new government (however formed) to be finding their feet

So basically now is a time for silence!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Greyfox

blanch152 wrote: »
    That is why some people don’t like these threads.

No people don't like them because it's anti SF people trying to score points by looking for silly oppertunities to knock the party when in reality keeping quiet is the right thing for SF to do. We all need to take a little break from any FG/FF/SF talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Who the F*** sound want to form a government right now ? We’re going to have a bigger crash than 2008. No money in the country to deliver on promises, and having to make drastic cuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement