Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    Time to kill this one I think. No patisserie fans here obviously!
    Its a Japanese term meaning creamy texture and its a type of ganache used in patisserie.

An easy one. How many sheets are in a quire of paper?

I was THIS close! :)

Stab - 250?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

New Home wrote: »
    I was THIS close! :)

Stab - 250?

:p Not quite. Right track though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

24 or 25, depending on who you ask. No, depending on what kind of paper it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    :p Not quite. Right track though.

Take off the 0!

25?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

looksee wrote: »
    24 or 25, depending on who you ask. No, depending on what kind of paper it is.

Yes 25 is generally accepted.

OK, Christmas themed question - A university research team recently concluded that bioluminescence was responsible for what Christmas-linked phenomenon?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Angels?

Well its an interesting notion but not what I had in mind. It would be a very specific bit of bio-luminescence (deliberate hyphen) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭nompere

Are we talking about Rudolph's nose?

• Advertisement

We had better name all of Santa's reindeer.

Dancer and Prancer and Donner and Blitzen something something Dasher and Vixen.

Right I have bagged the easy ones, does anyone know the rest?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Shirley Rudolph was one of them....

Doh!!

Just checked it up, Rudolph was a ninth reindeer, not one of the listed eight. And then there's Olive, the other reindeer...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Doh!!

No Doe's a deer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Beasty wrote: »
    No Doe's a deer!!

A female deer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Did you know that, as they are commonly portrayed, all Santa's reindeer have to be female because male reindeer drop their antlers at the start of winter and only females would have antlers at this time?

Yes. :)

Olive...nudge nudge

• Advertisement

Dancer and Prancer and Donner and Blitzen something something Dasher and Vixen.

Right I have bagged the easy ones, does anyone know the rest?

Comet and Cupid.

Joys of having a 5 year and a 4 year old. Those names are in repeat for the past week :D

Been travelling all day - but between you have it. Decide for yourselves who is next!

I nominate Looksee.

(Am I the only one who gets confused between the user names LoughC and LookSee? :p)

I noticed that some while ago - if we were communicating verbally it might well cause problems, but visually they are totally different. Does that make us homonyms? Or homophones? That's not a quiz question :)

Ok, another Christmassy one. Frankincense is derived from a tree (Boswellia carterii), what part of the tree is made into frankincense?

Resin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Bark, like cinnamon?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Newhome has it, sap or resin is collected as dry droplets on the tree. Apparently it has all sorts of beneficial qualities.

And it smells divine, too. :)

BRB.

• Advertisement

One of the things I could never figure out is why you can buy two "different" essential oils (with different names) but which are extracted, essentially (:pac:), from the same plant. What are they?

Advertisement