Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bumpy bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Dunno NH, I'd make a guess at maybe citronella but not confident I am right. Or maybe cinnamon, but I am guessing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Citronella is right, but not cinnamon.

So is citronella also called something else? I guessed it because I use it a lot but have never been clear (never bothered to find out) if it is an actual plant or some sort of citrus concoction.

It is an actual plant, all right. The clue as to the other one is in their names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Lemon / lemongrass?

Lemongrass.

Half a question each. :)

What is the name of

That's my half question...

:cool:

Ok we could probably manage one each:

What were the gifts of the fourth day of Christmas - and having answered, what were they.

• Advertisement

Four calling birds? Blackbirds (from coal, IIRC).

I think you can have that! I was looking for Colly birds, the original name, but either way they were blackbirds, so you have it!

\o/

Ok, two questions:

1. Why shouldn't blind people skydive?
    2. What do Billy the Kid and Winnie The Pooh have in common?

1. Is it because they need to be able to see which way up they are?

No.

New Home wrote: »
    Ok, two questions:

1. Why shouldn't blind people skydive?
    2. What do Billy the Kid and Winnie The Pooh have in common?

1. Cause it scares the life out of their dogs.... :D

1. Correct!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

2. Same middle name.

Didn't realise it was a riddle until no. 1 was answered.

I figured we could do with some Christmas-cracker-quality questions. :p

• Advertisement

Why do penguins make the best racing drivers?

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Why do penguins make the best racing drivers?

Always in pole position
    However:
    Although they're not, as they're absent from the North pole, only on the fringes of Antarctica and not at the pole itself and can be found almost at the equator. :)

That's because they drive fast, Srameen. :D

Always in pole position
    However:
    Although they're not, as they're absent from the North pole, only on the fringes of Antarctica and not at the pole itself and can be found almost at the equator. :)

Don’t you go dragging this thread up to your sophisticated level :D

Srameen? Are you there? :):p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Always in pole position
    That begs an interesting side question: where is the largest population of penguins in the northern hemisphere?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Probably a zoo somewhere?

Argentina?

Steve wrote: »
    That begs an interesting side question: where is the largest population of penguins in the northern hemisphere?

Galapagos Islands?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You have a point there Srameen, it was not the answer I was looking for.

Apparently it's the Loro Parque Penguinarium in Tenerife, Canary Islands.

I had do do a double take there on the Galapagos islands, however technically most of the habitat is on Isla Fernandina (Southern hemisphere) and Isla Isabela (95% southern / 5% northern).

Either one of us could be right there.

Advertisement