Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberals who aren't liberal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    Yeah, I forgot violence is okay when someone is being annoying.

Ah sure nothing solves a disagreement like a good old punch up now and again.

Man to man toe to toe and let it roll...

Although I prefer a slagging match myself, gather a crowd and see who finds the other the funniest.

But unfortunately some people are way to sensitive theses days and can't take a bit of slagging.

I love a good old slagging match, but unfortunately when it involves some one of a liberal leaning, sure you can't slag them off they're not funny.
    Can't laugh at themselves or others.
    Over sensitive and think they're victims.

Luckily I'm a gay man and it's probably unusual for a gay guy to be anti liberal.

But I cannot stand liberals, sjw's and more liberals.

I think they're the scum of society and absolute joke fodder for comedians and anyone who's not sensitive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

More super tolerant liberals in action.

I've linked to a tabloid story so the words aren't too long for our current batch of Arts students to read.

Pretty scary stuff. Conform to the left or be surrounded, terrorised and assaulted.

Way to go comrades!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-says-sorry-screaming-nazi-16257523.amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

But I suppose it would be okay if the victim was wearing a MAGA cap, right?

Don’t judge me by your standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

paw patrol wrote: »
    he was with his wife when your man kept harassing him,
    which I think is fair enough

but don't let the important details get in the way of your desire to push your story.

This only works in a hard man sense where a hard man is entitled to punch.someone who gives him jip. In the end he walked up to the guy and punched him.

The guy was harassing him and exercising his speech which I think TR believes should be free. And TR didn't like what he was saying so he used violence to silence him.

Let's not pretend TR is a man of principle. He's a thug in a suit who says things right wing people like to hear along with all the rest of what he does -being a thug.

Pkiernan wrote: »

I've linked to a tabloid story so the words aren't too long for our current batch of Arts students to read.

Pretty scary stuff. Conform to the left or be surrounded, terrorised and assaulted.

Way to go comrades!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-says-sorry-screaming-nazi-16257523.amp

That picture of her losing her marbles screaming at him is hilarious. At least I know she spends her waking life torturing herself into a manic rage as she deserves. A complete and utter piece of shlt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

My standards? Yeah, I go around punching people most days. Christ, some tripe your type spout.

Dunno about you but if somebody was harassing my wife (or my kids) and I was concerned, I'd do something about it.
    It's called responsibility. Might be unfashionable in the circles you mix in.

Nobody said he mentioned TR's wife in.his use of free speech. He spoke to TR in earshot of his wife. TR didn't like what he said and used violence to silence him.

Let's not pretend TR is actually in favour of free speech. He just wasn't to say some edgy, racist things so his followers feel oppressed when others disagree with him.

That picture of her losing her marbles screaming at him is hilarious. At least I know she spends her waking life torturing herself into a manic rage as she deserves. A complete and utter piece of shlt.

She's an absolutely disgusting woman,a pure gutter snipe.

Ironically the liberals are mostly similar, people who cannot see clearly and are emotionally triggered rather than intellectually.

Most liberals are divorced or separated which isn't a suprise.
    Who'd put up with them, and ironically some bring their kid's to protests where the unfortunate kid's are experiencing indoctrination on how to hate...

You couldn't make this Sh1T up seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Dunno about you but if somebody was harassing my wife (or my kids) and I was concerned, I'd do something about it.
    It's called responsibility. Might be unfashionable in the circles you mix in.

He was calling Robinson out, wasn't directed at his wife. This is like that time you guys tried to justify Robinson turning up at people's house in the middle of the night. He is a football hooligan to this day by the looks of things.

Most ridiculous part is you're the same people who would claim a milkshake is an act of immense violence..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Nobody said he mentioned TR's wife in.his use of free speech. He spoke to TR in earshot of his wife. TR didn't like what he said and used violence to silence him.

Let's not pretend TR is actually in favour of free speech. He just wasn't to say some edgy, racist things so his followers feel oppressed when others disagree with him.

I never said anything about TR and his beliefs. I like his work on muslim rape gangs but I'm not overly sure on his other stuff.
    He was at a match with his wife and this man approached him repeatedly in a threatening manner.
    TR says he was concerned over his and his wife's safety. Digs were thrown.

If I was in that position I'd do something to eliminate the threat.
    so fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    She's an absolutely disgusting woman,a pure gutter snipe.

Ironically the liberals are mostly similar, people who cannot see clearly and are emotionally triggered rather than intellectually.

Most liberals are divorced or separated which isn't a suprise.
    Who'd put up with them, and ironically some bring their kid's to protests where the unfortunate kid's are experiencing indoctrination on how to hate...

You couldn't make this Sh1T up seriously
    And yet here you are

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Pkiernan wrote: »

Way to go comrades!

The two of them will be married in 5 years time, it will be real Jeremy Kyle stuff

I never said anything about TR and his beliefs. I like his work on muslim rape gangs but I'm not overly sure on his other stuff.
    He was at a match with his wife and this man approached him repeatedly in a threatening manner.
    TR says he was concerned over his and his wife's safety. Digs were thrown.

If I was in that position I'd do something to eliminate the threat.
    so fair play to him.

Sure he highlighted Muslim rape gangs. That's grand. But let's not pretend he's concerned about children or rape. It was just a way to have a go at Muslims because his followers like hearing negative things about Muslims.

Re the punch, in the end he approached the guy and punched him. In the video the guy wasn't threatening TR. I think he called TR a wanker but I'm not sure about that. If TR continued walking he would have avoided the guy. Instead he went out of his way to confront the guy and escalated it to violence. It looks like 2 thugs to me.

You can pretend TR was the victim in this situation. That's kinda his MO. Playing right into his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Sure he highlighted Muslim rape gangs. That's grand. But let's not pretend he's concerned about children or rape. It was just a way to have a go at Muslims because his followers like hearing negative things about Muslims.

Re the punch, in the end he approached the guy and punched him. In the video the guy wasn't threatening TR. I think he called TR a wanker but I'm not sure about that. If TR continued walking he would have avoided the guy. Instead he went out of his way to confront the guy and escalated it to violence. It looks like 2 thugs to me.

You can pretend TR was the victim in this situation. That's kinda his MO. Playing right into his hands.

TR believes deeply in his own right to free speech, obviously not so much that guy’s

TR believes deeply in his own right to free speech, obviously not so much that guy’s

Funny how the poster I responded to was fine with using violence to silence free speech. I wonder if they're one of the people who disapproves of TR not being supported by YouTube and Facebook.

It would be pretty ironic if they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

There's a time for responding to a provocation, and there's a time for grinning and bearing, and there's a time for getting the hell outa there.

TR has come up through "the school of hard knocks" and he is very good at judging which is which. The guy who provoked him in Portugal made a very poor decision. Another time, another place, and he might have got away with it. Like the way the people who milkshaked Tommy recently got away with it.
    Meanwhile, the pious keyboard warriors who are very fond of saying "technically that is assault" are often useless at responding to a real world situation.

Here's a glimpse into Tommy Robinson's world. Notice how he gets slapped, but he already knew it was going to happen. He also knows if he doesn't keep moving, things will get a lot worse for him. This is his hometown...

recedite wrote: »
    There's a time for responding to a provocation, and there's a time for grinning and bearing, and there's a time for getting the hell outa there.

TR has come up through "the school of hard knocks" and he is very good at judging which is which. The guy who provoked him in Portugal made a very poor decision. Another time, another place, and he might have got away with it. Like the way the people who milkshaked Tommy recently got away with it.
    Meanwhile, the pious keyboard warriors who are very fond of saying "technically that is assault" are often useless at responding to a real world situation.

Here's a glimpse into Tommy Robinson's world. Notice how he gets slapped, but he already knew it was going to happen. He also knows if he doesn't keep moving, things will get a lot worse for him. This is his hometown...

This is just getting into "might makes right". If TR knows he will beat the guy, then he's right to hit him. If he knows he'll get beaten he's right to walk away.

The whole point of rule of law is to avoid every situation deteriorating into a brawl. It might suit TR to travel in a pack of thugs and punch anyone who says something he disagrees with. But I don't think it's particularly liberal (unless you're talking philosophical state of nature) where there is no government and it's every man (or group of thugs) for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

recedite wrote: »

So you're basically justifying being a thug. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The whole point of rule of law is to avoid every situation deteriorating into a brawl..
    In theory yes, but sometimes the law is an ass.
    The law didn't stop the local Sharia enforcers punching TR in his car as he drove through Luton in that last video. And from their perspective, they are only upholding the law - Sharia law.

The law locked TR up in solitary confinement for several months last year,

because he stood on a public footpath complaining into his mobile phone (livestreaming) about muslim rape gangs. This while a trial of muslim rape gang members was going on inside a court nearby.
    Eventually the law released TR, and said sorry that was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

bit of a leap to say he wasn't concerned about the victims...how can you say that?

In your attempt to bash TR you lost all reason. It is possible to have a dislike for muslims and have concern for child rape victims in fact it's the most likely scenario in this case.
    One feeling doesn't exclude the other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

A thing or 3 here.

Most of the people complaining about “liberals” seem to have no idea what the term liberal actually means. The term has become so misused its used to describe everyone from a centrist corporate shill like Hilary Clinton to anarchists.

So liberals are intolerant of intolerance, I’m fine with that.

Some liberals are idiots. I’m not fine with that.

Antifa is not a group of “liberals”. It’s a coalition of far left groups like anarchists and communists. I agree with their goal of opposing fascism. Being anti fascist is a good thing. I do have a problem with their methods. Violence is wrong, no matter who uses it in my book.

This thread has made a bogeyman out of intolerant “liberals” who I’ve never actually met in real life. I doubt many have here either.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Note how you've tried to dodged the question. Care to actually answer it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Brian? wrote: »
    A thing or 3 here.

Most of the people complaining about “liberals” seem to have no idea what the term liberal actually means. The term has become so misused its used to describe everyone from a centrist corporate shill like Hilary Clinton to anarchists.

So liberals are intolerant of intolerance, I’m fine with that.

Some liberals are idiots. I’m not fine with that.

Antifa is not a group of “liberals”. It’s a coalition of far left groups like anarchists and communists. I agree with their goal of opposing fascism. Being anti fascist is a good thing. I do have a problem with their methods. Violence is wrong, no matter who uses it in my book.

This thread has made a bogeyman out of intolerant “liberals” who I’ve never actually met in real life. I doubt many have here either.

THIS thread...?? It's been like that for years!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Brian? wrote: »

Whatever the term actually means, I've met quite a few.

A good friend turned into one and I ended the friendship when he defended that executive saying the Las Vegas shooting was pretty much ok because it was a country and western gig so most victims would have been conservative.

His entire new friend group at that time was pretty vile. So much hate it was unreal listening to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

But I suppose it would be okay if the victim was wearing a MAGA cap, right?
    Where did they indicate that? You and the Gerryadams person do tend to put words in people's mouths a lot. It's sh1t arguing. Politically I'm in the centre and I understand where the right are coming from at times. But you lads don't do yourselves any favours with that approach. You're being as frustrating as your left-wing counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

A good friend turned into one and I ended the friendship when he defended that executive saying the Las Vegas shooting was pretty much ok because it was a country and western gig so most victims would have been conservative.

His entire new friend group at that time was pretty vile. So much hate it was unreal listening to them.

Yeah, that guy isn't a "liberal". He's a piece of ****.

He may estue to being one, but he's probably one of those absolute **** bags who goes on about "straight privilege" and ****e too.

You know my post history, and you know I'm a liberal person, but people like that are the worst.

They're like, the Tucker Carlsons of the Republicans. The worst examples.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    And yet here you are

And the same as yourself....the irony huh

bit of a leap to say he wasn't concerned about the victims...how can you say that?

In your attempt to bash TR you lost all reason. It is possible to have a dislike for muslims and have concern for child rape victims in fact it's the most likely scenario in this case.
    One feeling doesn't exclude the other.

Oh it's easy to determine what he is concerned about: Does he highlight crimes against children or rape when they're not committed by Muslims? No.

Does he highlight crimes by Muslims when they don't involve rape or children? Yes.
    And so on....

Keep dissecting the things he highlights and you'll see he only highlights crimes by Muslims and doesn't highlight similar crimes by white people. So it's clear he sees Muslims as the focus because that's what his followers want To hear. Bad news about Muslims.

If he was highlighting rape and crimes against children across the board even when it doesn't suit him to do so (such as the EDL members who were merrily abusing children) then it would be much more likely he cares about protecting children. But clearly he cares only about highlighting Muslim crimes, not the not the victims. His behaviour makes clear his priorities.

You responded to the part of the post that had nothing to do with the thread topic. Anything about the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    And the same as yourself....the irony huh
    No not really

Can you link us to some data showing most liberals are divorced or seperated?

Cheers in advance

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

apparently people like this can't exist

Advertisement