Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭philahern

STB wrote: »
    Is there an option in the hdmi and audio settings to change to PCM audio ???

If there is, change it to that and reboot the box.

The options for digital audio are LPCM and BS. It defaults to LPCM, I changed the BS and rebooted and no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

philahern wrote: »
    The options for digital audio are LPCM and BS. It defaults to LPCM, I changed the BS and rebooted and no difference.

Tried the same and nothing changed. Anyway, if Ferguson have acknowledged that there's a fault, hopefully an update in a week or 10 days may not be too long to wait.

Anyone know the settings for BBC 4. It did'nt come up in my search:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Anyone know the settings for BBC 4. It did'nt come up in my searh:(

Its not on until 7pm :)

Edit: Thanks to Mike at freesat.ie for sending the streams to ferguson

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yes there appears to be a lip synch problem,bought mine from Satsklep.I have sent them a mail re problem.As asked earlier does this device not recognise a 1 terrabyte external hard drive???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Anyone know the settings for BBC 4. It did'nt come up in my search:(

BBC4 is also Cbeebies
    10803 H 22000

• Advertisement

BBC4 is also Cbeebies
    10803 H 22000

Got it. Thanks.

Set up the 120 Combo for my pal this evening. Same synch problems in both DTT & Sat. He has a big 47in full HD Phillps monster in his lounge. Have to say the HD channels looked absolutely fabulous when connected up via hdmi. Have him set up so that he can watch via hdmi or scart. Scart also connected to his dvd recorder and a second hdmi going to his external hdd so that he can record to dvd or hdd. All working a treat, except for the lip-synch problem.

Now how to get his Magic Eye to send a signal to the monstrous 32in crt he has in the bedroom. Anyone got any ideas? It is not a $ky eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I've tuned in 3 versions of ITV HD...channels 707 and 479 have major sync issues. Channel 125 is great. Over all very pleased with the box so far. Amazing HD picture on my 42" Philips. Had a go at the media player earlier. Played MKV files ok but AVI was a non starter (they must have the dvix codec but I'm almost sure they were xvid).

What does the percentage bar mean in the info dialogue window...and the 2 bars on the left? The percentage one on my perfectly synced (and perfect picture) is 16% to 18% most of the time). :confused:

O'Prez wrote: »
    I've tuned in 3 versions of ITV HD...channels 707 and 479 have major sync issues. Channel 125 is great. Over all very pleased with the box so far. Amazing HD picture on my 42" Philips. Had a go at the media player earlier. Played MKV files ok but AVI was a non starter (they must have the dvix codec but I'm almost sure they were xvid).

What does the percentage bar mean in the info dialogue window...and the 2 bars on the left? The percentage one on my perfectly synced (and perfect picture) is 16% to 18% most of the time). :confused:

Could you have a look at the best one and give the transponder details. I've edited all my channels down to the bare minimum & I don't wish to have to scan again:eek:.

Thats a very low value to even see an image.

Could you have a look at the best one and give the transponder details. I've edited all my channels down to the bare minimum & I don't wish to have to scan again:eek:.

It's 10936/22000/V ..Let me know how that goes on your end. I'm still arsing around with it and am getting sync issues with the Irish channels.

How do you add a channel manually without having to go through all that scanning lark?

I

How do you add a channel manually without having to go through all that scanning lark?

Go to TP list and do a transponder scan

• Advertisement

Brilliant. Thanx Tony.

I see BBC HD and BBC One HD in my channel line up but clicking on em just brings up a blank screen with a No Signal message. What's the story with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Like everyone else, I got my ariva box today it and am quite happy with it so far. Picture quality is great esp in hd and liking the pvr recording option . Its user friendly and overall its a good purchase. Hopefully the audio sync will get sorted, however its not as bad as I thouht it would be..

There appears to be no sign of NME TV,it is'nt scanning at eurobird 1 frequency 11,642 SR 27500 FEC 2/3,not sure if it's H or V.Ditto I can't detect Movies for Men+1??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It's 10936/22000/V ..Let me know how that goes on your end. I'm still arsing around with it and am getting sync issues with the Irish channels.

Tony beat me to it.:). I have the synch problem on ITV 1 HD. I'm connected by scart only & I got a lot of blanking out on the HD channel.

Brilliant. Thanx Tony.

I see BBC HD and BBC One HD in my channel line up but clicking on em just brings up a blank screen with a No Signal message. What's the story with that?

Did you set the sym rate to 2300 ?

Tony wrote: »
    Did you set the sym rate to 2300 ?

I did indeed our Tony...Gerry Wicklow gave me that tip ;) Anyway you must be commended on your excellent after-sales service.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I did indeed our Tony...Gerry Wicklow gave me that tip ;) Anyway you must be commended on your excellent after-sales service.

Didn't you know? Tony is actually a computer with AI working 24/7 !!!

I heard he's a bit of a RAM alright? Geddit? Computer? RAM...Ram? I'll get me coat :(

Anyway you must be commended on your excellent after-sales service.

Thanks for the kind words .
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Didn't you know? Tony is actually a computer with AI working 24/7 !!!

I'm not so sure about the I in AI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 seanmack

Box arrived yesterday (thanks Tony) installed and everything seems OK using SCART on an old tube TV and have not noticed the sync issue, but then have not looked very closely!!

While trying to go throught the Ch. list and set it up as I want have noticed a few stations missing e.g. CBS Reality and CH 4 HD have scanned twice and even tried scanning individual transponders with no joy.

If anyone has any ideas please.

OK now time to RTFM

Tried recording with a 16GB pen,recorded perfectly but I was unable to view the majority of other channels,excepting Irish terrestrials and a few others???All the rest have a black screen while recording?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

seligehgit wrote: »
    Tried recording with a 16GB pen,recorded perfectly but I was unable to view the majority of other channels,excepting Irish terrestrials and a few others???All the rest have a black screen while recording?:confused:

I presume you are recording a Sat channel? In which case you can only record and view off of the one transponder it is broadcast over. Example Record BBC 1 NI can view BBC 2 NI and DTT but wont allow you to view any other Sat channel until the recording has stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Got this yesterday but can't seem to get saorview channels on it yet, they just come up as scrambled even though I have an analog arial. Anyone know why this might be?

Received the box yesterday cheers Tony! Initial impressions are quite good! Amazing quality of picture on HD Channels. Box menus are quite handy to navigate through. Have noticed slight sync issue but not as bad as i had imagined. All in all am quite happy with it. Will have more of a fool around with it Monday when finished working.

I also tried playing my avi videos through the media player but only sound, video codec is not supported. Just wondering can this be resolved via a future firmware upgrade?

jonas7 wrote: »
    Got this yesterday but can't seem to get saorview channels on it yet, they just come up as scrambled even though I have an analog arial. Anyone know why this might be?

Not sure if this helps but i choose Germany as the country i scanned for as I had read it on here somewhere before. Worked fine for me. I presume its a UHF aerial you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

philahern wrote: »
    Gonna leave it for now and come back to it later. Thoughts so far:

Positives -
    • Picture looks great.
    • Box looks small and neat
    • Record on same mux and also record sat watch dtt
    • MkV playback looks great
    • Easy to arrange channels with editor
    • Time between channel changes is fine for me
    Negatives -
    • USB in the front
    • Audio sync problem
    • Extra info is not available in epg, just the program title
    • Haven't been able to get web radio working

The USB port at the front is easy to change to the back but you need to open the box and void the warranty. The port is connected to the main-board with a cable that can be unplugged. I just unscrewed the USB port and placed it where the RS232 port in the back is (unplugging and getting rid of the RS232 port). The screw holes are the same size so all you need to secure the USB port it is two small bots and a few washers.

Hope they fix the HDMI sync issue soon. Great piece of kit though.

Used the transponder you quoted 10936/22000/V but sadly the lip synch problem is still apparent on my ITV HD.Tried to record onto my 1TB iomega screenplay plus multimedia player/hard drive.Picture freezed from time to time,quite a poor recording.Hopefully it was a once off problem,my mate has advised me that this device is'nt compatible with a hard drive in excess of 750 GB??There is certainly a problem with the box recognising it as an usb device.Pretty concerned with previous posters comments re weekly recording commencing on the date they were entered!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

Just another update on the Media Player.

Confirming that it will not play the standard definition DIVX or XVID codec.

However it will play the high definition DIVX and XVID codec with excellent results.

This must be a bug. Do you think I should email Ferguson about this so they can fix it?

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Tried to record onto my 1TB iomega screenplay plus multimedia player/hard drive.Picture freezed from time to time,quite a poor recording.Hopefully it was a once off problem,my mate has advised me that this device is'nt compatible with a hard drive in excess of 750 GB??There is certainly a problem with the box recognising it as an usb device.:eek:

Can this box handle usb powered 2.5" hard drives? Or do they have to be mains powered?

Advertisement