Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,851 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xckjoo wrote: »
    Not a huge bargain, but I grabbed a Switch Lite + Luigi's Mansion in Smyths for about €260 (site seems to be down at the moment so can't check). Switch Lite is €230 on its own.

You could have gotten a Switch Lite with MK8 for £197 from Curry's eBay on Monday.

It's been £179 on its own a few times over the last few days and if your near the boarder you can get the Lite and the new Pokemon for £199 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You could have gotten a Switch Lite with MK8 for £197 from Curry's eBay on Monday.

It's been £179 on its own a few times over the last few days and if your near the boarder you can get the Lite and the new Pokemon for £199 in Tesco.
    With the discount code? That wasn't working for me for some reason. Had tried to get a Switch Lite on it's own a few times with it.

We already have a copy of Mario Kart in the house and haven't heard great things about the new Pokemon. Not near the border either.

From what I could see there was a few bargains around Black Friday, but the standard price is about the €230 so figured I might as well buy locally. Luigi for and extra €30 was fine by me. Had originally intended to buy Yooka Laylee for €25 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Could I get a bit of advice?

On Amazon the Nintendo Switch Mario Kart bundle is 299£ and there is a Nintendo Switch 128Gb card for 17.99£

Would this be as good as it gets when it comes to switch bundle deals?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

brevity wrote: »

On Amazon the Nintendo Switch Mario Kart bundle is 299£ and there is a Nintendo Switch 128Gb card for 17.99£

Thanks
    Wouldn't be better value the one from Amazon.de or Amazon.fr? Not sure about shipping and adapter requirements though....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thanks

About the same as you'd get the console for in Smyths when adjusted for Irish vat. Pretty good price for the sd card but the non Nintendo branded version of the card is probably a few quid cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Thanks

I wouldn't buy from Amazon France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Timbuktu, etc as some have listed here. Ireland or UK just, especially with expensive hardware.

Thanks. I’ve been watching HDUK like a hawk but the deals are few and far between.

Will probably go the amazon route...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

Thanks. I’ve been watching HDUK like a hawk but the deals are few and far between.

Will probably go the amazon route...
    I'd reckon that if you want it for Xmas -> go Amzn
    If you're willing to wait for boxing day, prices might drop. You ought to know by this stage how greedy can Nintendo be compared vs other consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭peter4918

sligeach wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy from Amazon France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Timbuktu, etc as some have listed here. Ireland or UK just, especially with expensive hardware.

I’ve bought two consoles from Amazon Germany & they were delivered in a few days, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

.red. wrote: »
    Off topic but I bought a switch last week for a santa present. Turned it on to make sure it worked and it had an update that took 25 mins, I went to fiddle around with it today and it had another update that took 10 mins.
    I'm gonna check it again a few days before Christmas just in case. Last thing you'd want is updates Christmas morning when the servers are busy and the kid just wants to play it.

Heard of a horror story a few years back of a girl I know, her son got a playstation or Xbox(can't remember which) that took 21 hours to update from Christmas morning as they only had 2mb broadband.
    Ya I intend to do that when I can. Will try and download when I set it up. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

.red. wrote: »
    Off topic but I bought a switch last week for a santa present. Turned it on to make sure it worked and it had an update that took 25 mins, I went to fiddle around with it today and it had another update that took 10 mins.
    I'm gonna check it again a few days before Christmas just in case. Last thing you'd want is updates Christmas morning when the servers are busy and the kid just wants to play it.

Heard of a horror story a few years back of a girl I know, her son got a playstation or Xbox(can't remember which) that took 21 hours to update from Christmas morning as they only had 2mb broadband.

The WiiU had a nightmare Christmas update iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have bought from France and Spain and have had no issues at all. Not just consoles either. Televisions and music equipment. It is often a lot cheaper, is still covered by EU warranty and would be the exact same item. Makes no sense to only use Amazon UK as they are the only ones leaving the EU. Especially not if it is more expensive.

Suckit wrote: »
    I have bought from France and Spain and have had no issues at all. Not just consoles either. Televisions and music equipment. It is often a lot cheaper, is still covered by EU warranty and would be the exact same item. Makes no sense to only use Amazon UK as they are the only ones leaving the EU. Especially not if it is more expensive.

You'll see a proper IE site appear the day Brexit is confirmed. The domain already exists, redirecting to Amazon UK atm, and they've opened up Prime to Irish accounts. If I'm not mistaken no other territory has Prime without a regional Amazon site.

Thanks
    €309 + vat + shipping is €327
    You could use PW/AP/PM/PC and get it delivered to them for €314.57 + €4
    https://www.amazon.fr/Console-Nintendo-Switch-Deluxe-t%C3%A9l%C3%A9chargement/dp/B0825M5QSD
    It was €302 a couple of hours ago. It is definitely worth using Hagglezon.com and checking across all EU Amazons. The savings can be quite a lot.
    Even the B&M stores and stores that only deliver locally can massive price differences (although for them you may need a 3rd party virtual address).
    The New version switch with Mariokart is below €300 right across Europe.
    But to get it here you would have to pay roughly €20 3rd party shipping, so the amazon france is very good price.
    You could wait and see if it drops in UK, but it may not.

You'll see a proper IE site appear the day Brexit is confirmed. The domain already exists, redirecting to Amazon UK atm, and they've opened up Prime to Irish accounts. If I'm not mistaken no other territory has Prime without a regional Amazon site.
    They have already ruled that out, unless they are going to change their mind. The ie domain was vacant for a long time. I believe they purchased it for business/tax reasons maybe.

They may use it like amazon.nl, either way I wouldn't be banking on amazon.ie anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭jj880

mrcheez wrote: »
    Any of them worth the download? :)

Also does this work for Irish accs?

I nearly bought Rekt a few months back. I think it looks good. Will download all games just to see what it is like. Also the mystery game on christmas eve could be worth it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

jj880 wrote: »
    I nearly bought Rekt a few months back. I think it looks good. Will download all games just to see what it is like. Also the mystery game on christmas eve could be worth it.

I checked out the trailers for all the games and while they aren't famous, I reckon it's a decent deal, particularly for free. I've grabbed Robonauts already, and plan to check out One Strike, Wreckin' Ball Adventure (looks like a Samus Aran Morph Ball puzzle-adventure, with an added grappling hook - SOLD!), Koloro and RaceDieRun.

I don't particularly want Geki Yaba Runner or Puzzle Book but luckily I checked the FAQ, because it turns out that you have to get each day's free download to get the next one i.e. if you skip one of the games, you can't get the rest of the freebies. Useful to know as Geki Yaba Runner in particular looks so...uninspiring they don't even have a video trailer for it, so I expect it'll be going straight on my "uninstall and hide" list (where it can sit next to Brawl, a game which sadly failed to be the fun Bomberman clone it looks like it should be).

Suckit wrote: »

It's not the exact same, you've a different plug. If anything goes wrong with the Switch, then you've the headache, language barrier and expense of sending it for repair. If you want to sell it at a future date, more people would be reluctant buying a foreign Switch, I know I would. There were better deals from UK sites in the past couple of weeks. I've bought from the various non UK Amazon's and they're great. A Switch wouldn't be one of those purchases though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭jj880

Fysh wrote: »
    I checked out the trailers for all the games and while they aren't famous, I reckon it's a decent deal, particularly for free. I've grabbed Robonauts already, and plan to check out One Strike, Wreckin' Ball Adventure (looks like a Samus Aran Morph Ball puzzle-adventure, with an added grappling hook - SOLD!), Koloro and RaceDieRun.

I don't particularly want Geki Yaba Runner or Puzzle Book but luckily I checked the FAQ, because it turns out that you have to get each day's free download to get the next one i.e. if you skip one of the games, you can't get the rest of the freebies. Useful to know as Geki Yaba Runner in particular looks so...uninspiring they don't even have a video trailer for it, so I expect it'll be going straight on my "uninstall and hide" list.

Yeah I saw the rules also. I think I read even if you miss a few days you can still download the games you miss as long as they are downloaded in order.

The 4 player mode in Rekt looks great. I have a pair of extra joycons for 4 player I got from AliExpress for 25 euro. Not Nintendo branded but they are good quality.

Seen this deal posted up on HotUKDeals just now. Switch case for €6 in Argos, can't go wrong.

Nintendo Switch Elite Travel Case

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8677772.htm

• Advertisement

It's not the exact same, you've a different plug. If anything goes wrong with the Switch, then you've the headache, language barrier and expense of sending it for repair. If you want to sell it at a future date, more people would be reluctant buying a foreign Switch, I know I would. There were better deals from UK sites in the past couple of weeks. I've bought from the various non UK Amazon's and they're great. A Switch wouldn't be one of those purchases though.
    I've yet to see a UK deal as good as the other 4. Especially in a B&M.
    When (if) something goes wrong, the headache is the exact same, I can assure you. They all operate an English speaking support, and will even have an English speaker phone you when required. The repairs/return shipping is also free.

As for the plug.. An adaptor is cheap enough from Dealz. I can point to a load of stores right now selling the Switch/lite/bundles much cheaper than anywhere in the UK. I bought my first switch for €248 + shipping from Amazon France.

I can't imagine it would be that hard to sell it just because it has an EU plug.

You could add the Labo Multi-Kit to the Switch on amazon france for €19.99 to the switch bundle on amazon france above.

12 months online membership for €15.89 using code Fall

https://www.eneba.com/nintendo-nintendo-switch-online-membership-12-months-eshop-key-europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Seems like a very good deal in easons?
    https://www.easons.com/Super-Smash-Bros-ultimate

I knew there was a catch.
    Turns out it's just a book!

lol someone posted that last year as well. Can't remember if it was this thread or bargain alerts. That poor sod didn't cop on until he got a few hilarious replies though!

:edit: Found it:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107614734&postcount=7877

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

If say easons and other online book shops trick a fair few people during sales.
    Those guide books are displayed to look exactly like the game boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,851 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If say easons and other online book shops trick a fair few people during sales.
    Those guide books are displayed to look exactly like the game boxes!

It says books at the top of the screen and how many pages in the product description. You'd want to be a bit silly to think it's actually a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seen this deal posted up on HotUKDeals just now. Switch case for €6 in Argos, can't go wrong.

Picked one up last week for my switch lite the case has a bit of padding and switch lite fits in nicely

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have this, found it to be very good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just got three of the last 5 in Dundrum. Cheers Sligeach!

Bonjour, Bonjour.

I ordered the updated Switch and Zelda for 370€ on Amazon France. Mange Tout!

I’ll get that case above for 5€ too.

A similar bundle on the Nintendo Store is over 400€

Seems to be the best price after all my searching. No doubt some deal will pop out of the wood work but c’est la vie.

Haven’t bought a console in years so Christmas will be super exciting.

Thanks for all the advice

• Advertisement

Bonjour, Bonjour.

I ordered the updated Switch and Zelda for 370€ on Amazon France. Mange Tout!

I’ll get that case above for 5€ too.

A similar bundle on the Nintendo Store is over 400€

Seems to be the best price after all my searching. No doubt some deal will pop out of the wood work but c’est la vie.

Haven’t bought a console in years so Christmas will be super exciting.

Thanks for all the advice

If it is a present remember to do the system updates beforehand.

Advertisement