Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭chonix

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    quick update, I rang nintendo uk store and ordered the new bundle deal, said the code didnt work and they gave me a new one, (very nice of them), got 10% off 2 games case and console bundle
    Did you order via normal post or parcel motel/address pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

i had it sent to my brother in london, just incase it was delayed. he is leaving Christmas eve, so the best chance of it making it home.
    Parcel motel may add a few days if it got tight for delivery time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Any deal on the Labo sets ? I bought the vehicle kit for 15 pounds on Amazon during black Friday but An Post sent it back to them for some reason.

Never had that happen before but they refunded me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Any deal on the Labo sets ? I bought the vehicle kit for 15 pounds on Amazon during black Friday but An Post sent it back to them for some reason.

Never had that happen before but they refunded me anyway
    I have seen that one in smyths in Germany for €9.90
    https://www.smythstoys.com/de/de-de/multimedia/nintendo/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-spiele/nintendo-switch-nintendo-labo-toy-con-03-fahrzeug-set/p/169080

That was enough to convince me to hold off the €34.99 here
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-labo/nintendo-labo-toy-con-03-vehicle-kit/p/169080

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭chonix

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    quick update, I rang nintendo uk store and ordered the new bundle deal, said the code didnt work and they gave me a new one, (very nice of them), got 10% off 2 games case and console bundle
    Oh man, you're really lucky. It got OOS now..... damn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sligeach wrote: »
    I see Smyths in the UK for the past few days have been selling the black and lime Nintendo 2 DS XL Mario Kart pack for £95. It's a click and collect offer only in the UK.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/3ds-and-2ds-consoles/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-console-black-and-lime-mario-kart-pack/p/168137

Yet it remains at €160 here in Ireland. What gives? Someone was praising them here a few days ago, I find they're generally alright, though not always great. They don't always give a like for like price taking into account the exchange rate. £95 works out at €111. That would be a significant saving. Argos have the same bundle reduced to €110, but I can't see it in stock anywhere.

It's not a bargain, and maybe nothing will come of it just yet. But I contacted Smyths about the above 2DS XL and asked them how come they were charging €160 when it was the equivalent of €110 on their UK site, they apologised for, paraphrasing "any disappointment caused and hoped to have some promotions to benefit ROI customers in the near future." If you search for the black and lime Nintendo 2DS XL on Smyths you won't find it, it's temporarily been removed from the site but it still exists as I saved the link from a few days ago.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/3ds-and-2ds-consoles/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-console-black-and-lime-mario-kart-pack/p/168137

The thing is there's no price and it won't let you add it to your basket. They may be getting ready to reduce it here in Ireland. So heads up for those interested to keep an eye open.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

sligeach wrote: »
    It's not a bargain, and maybe nothing will come of it just yet. But I contacted Smyths about the above 2DS XL and asked them how come they were charging €160 when it was the equivalent of €110 on their UK site, they apologised for, paraphrasing "any disappointment caused and hoped to have some promotions to benefit ROI customers in the near future." If you search for the black and lime Nintendo 2DS XL on Smyths you won't find it, it's temporarily been removed from the site but it still exists as I saved the link from a few days ago.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/3ds-and-2ds-consoles/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-console-black-and-lime-mario-kart-pack/p/168137

The thing is there's no price and it won't let you add it to your basket. They may be getting ready to reduce it here in Ireland. So heads up for those interested to keep an eye open.

Fair play sligeach. It's back now and down to €109.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Rew wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat 11 is ~€20 in Argos, Bomberman R is ~€20 as well.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8861557/Trail/searchtext%3EMORTAL+SWITCH.htm

I'm getting €36?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I wonder is there any equivalent parcel motel service from Germany.
    Either way I reckon the vehicle labo kit will come down to 15-20€ in Ireland in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I wonder is there any equivalent parcel motel service from Germany.
    Either way I reckon the vehicle labo kit will come down to 15-20€ in Ireland in the new year.
    I haven't tried it, but mailboxde.com seems to do that service and i think the cheapest is 8 euro to ireland

• Advertisement

There is also mygermany and eurosender too. But I find mailboxde.com excellent for most things. They also offer consolidation service and they seem to be the cheapest by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mortal kombat gone back up in Argos to €36.99

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

The state. No wonder they're free. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,956 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Ideal way of a parent with limited funds (after shelling out for a new switch) putting a few games on it for their youngster, to give them something to play Christmas day. Even if that's the only time they play them. Cheers.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Any of them worth the download? :)

Also does this work for Irish accs?

I got the first two just now download colouring book first as that's free then Robonauts becomes free, the next one after goes free on December 15

There seems to be the same deal on the American eshop but more games for those with a US account check it out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

mrcheez wrote: »
    Any of them worth the download? :)

Also does this work for Irish accs?

I've tried the demo of Robonauts and it's not bad - certainly it'd be worth a punt for free, I reckon.

Earthlock looks good, and is €4.99 at the minute or €4 in South Africa.
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/EARTHLOCK-1347569.html

Neon Switch (2019 version) is €285 + €13 shipping from Spain.
    Use code PREGALO5 to drop the price to €270 + shipping (€283 delivered).
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/143368119898/
      1. Open the
    ebay.es website and click Regístrate to create a new account
    2. In your account settings - select Addresses from the left menu and add your Registration Address (use a Spanish address). Note that you can use your Irish phone number
    3. Now change your primary Delivery Address (use your valid Irish address)
    4. Find items from sellers that post to Ireland
    5. Enter a Spanish discount code at the checkout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Link for free Coloring Book game to kick off the chain of free games.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Coloring-Book-1470537.html

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Anyway of downloading these when the switch isn't set up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

barneyrub wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭.red.

barneyrub wrote: »

Off topic but I bought a switch last week for a santa present. Turned it on to make sure it worked and it had an update that took 25 mins, I went to fiddle around with it today and it had another update that took 10 mins.
    I'm gonna check it again a few days before Christmas just in case. Last thing you'd want is updates Christmas morning when the servers are busy and the kid just wants to play it.

Heard of a horror story a few years back of a girl I know, her son got a playstation or Xbox(can't remember which) that took 21 hours to update from Christmas morning as they only had 2mb broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Luigi's mansion is a bit cheaper in currys.ie than others at €49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

barneyrub wrote: »

You have to have a game downloaded before the free game shows up.
    I tried purchasing the colouring book for my sons santa gift. But robonauts didn't show up for free until I logged into the switch and downloaded the colouring book.
    As red said above, it's good to log on beforehand and update the software.
    The packaging fits back together very nicely anyway so the kids won't suspect a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

.red. wrote: »
    Off topic but I bought a switch last week for a santa present. Turned it on to make sure it worked and it had an update that took 25 mins, I went to fiddle around with it today and it had another update that took 10 mins.
    I'm gonna check it again a few days before Christmas just in case. Last thing you'd want is updates Christmas morning when the servers are busy and the kid just wants to play it.

Heard of a horror story a few years back of a girl I know, her son got a playstation or Xbox(can't remember which) that took 21 hours to update from Christmas morning as they only had 2mb broadband.

it's not always necessary to update the system before playing a game on it. I've been playing Yook laylee impossible lair recently and have been delaying the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd say it's the firmware update. The console was probably on v7.0 or v8.0 out of the box.
    The first update brought it to v9.0 and there was an update on December 4th for v9.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Treppen wrote: »
    Luigi's mansion is a bit cheaper in currys.ie than others at €49
    Not a huge bargain, but I grabbed a Switch Lite + Luigi's Mansion in Smyths for about €260 (site seems to be down at the moment so can't check). Switch Lite is €230 on its own.

• Advertisement

Stores often offer discounts for console bundles however Luigi being a first party game is quite cheap in a shop for €49.99 so the game is a bargain

Advertisement