Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

mrcheez wrote: »
    Can you not just use Revolut directly on US/Canada eShop?

Nope. Works fine with South Africa’s shop and Russia too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Was gonna get my online sub for Switch from Ninty itself but because I had it set to dpd address it cancelled because it's a forwarder (even though it was digital download, thought it would be fine)
    Got it from Smyth's last year, best place to go?

And - Do you think there'll be another sale soon? Got an e shop card voucher (e15) and was looking at The Missing or Deadly Premonition

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Was gonna get my online sub for Switch from Ninty itself but because I had it set to dpd address it cancelled because it's a forwarder (even though it was digital download, thought it would be fine)
    Got it from Smyth's last year, best place to go?

And - Do you think there'll be another sale soon? Got an e shop card voucher (e15) and was looking at The Missing or Deadly Premonition

Thanks in advance

Best thing is to set up a family account and find 7 other to join you on Reddit, or join someone elses. Drops the cost of a sub to less than €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Best thing is to set up a family account and find 7 other to join you on Reddit, or join someone elses. Drops the cost of a sub to less than €5.

Isn't it still free with Amazon prime?

sweetie wrote: »
    Isn't it still free with Amazon prime?

Not sure, but going this way is still cheaper than paying tor Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They finished the twitch offer in October so no more subs that way I'm interested in a family sub as I've two switch's but I'm probably gonna get Tetris 99 for €28 in Argos as that's the cart and a 12 month sub (not family unfortunately)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They finished the twitch offer in October so no more subs that way I'm interested in a family sub as I've two switch's but I'm probably gonna get Tetris 99 for €28 in Argos as that's the cart and a 12 month sub (not family unfortunately)

Tetris 99 is free digitally with any online sub I thought?

I want the cart just because :)

You can get a €35 eshop card on Press Start/Instant Gaming for €28.50 which will get you a family online sub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Tetris 99 is free digitally with any online sub I thought?

Cart has all the DLC too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,465 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I want the cart just because :)

C'mon, we all know why you want the cart. You have to admit to yourself that you can't control your Switch cartridge licking addiction.
    hqdefault.jpg

Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery. :P (put away that tongue)

NINTENDO OF EUROPE BRINGING A ''FESTIVE OFFERS'' DIGITAL SALE, STARTING THIS THURSDAY
    bDgG45l.png

https://gonintendo.com/stories/351283-nintendo-of-europe-bringing-a-festive-offers-digital-sale-st

Nintendo almost immediately deleted the Tweet. Perhaps it was posted too early.

Edit: The Tweet's now officially live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can trade up to a family pass with the individual 12 month.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd expect this will be similar to the Black Friday sale. Might be tempted to grab Celeste this time if comes up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Going to keep that chain of free games going. #RaceDieRun looks like a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Geki Yaba Runner (today's game) is free now.

I had it on 3DS and it's a great little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

My nephew is getting a Switch for xmas. Will he not get those free games if he only hooks the thing up on xmas morning?
    As in, do you have to claim the games as they're made free, or can you get them in bulk on xmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did you set up a nintendo account for him and download robonauts in the last 5 days?
    If not, you've broken the chain and can't get any of the free games this week (unless they extended the robonauts free period)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Mr E wrote: »
    Did you set up a nintendo account for him and download robonauts in the last 5 days?
    If not, you've broken the chain and can't get any of the free games this week (unless they extended the robonauts free period)

You can get back on the chain by buying robonauts and then claiming the rest free on each day. It's less than £1 on the UK site at the moment, so not a bad deal.

Edit: the terms are a bit unclear on this, but the above is true if you start the chain and then miss a game so tbh for around €1 it's worth a try...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

The_B_Man wrote: »
    My nephew is getting a Switch for xmas. Will he not get those free games if he only hooks the thing up on xmas morning?
    As in, do you have to claim the games as they're made free, or can you get them in bulk on xmas day?

You will need to download robonauts onto the switch too to start the chain.
    That's what I noticed with geki yaba runner. It didnt become free today until my switch recognised that robonauts was downloading.
    This might be the case with each game too, so it would be awkward to do when you're trying to hide a santa gift.

• Advertisement

Grandia collection better be in that sale or else

You know what'll happen with those free games. When people are selling their Switch in the future, they'll list off all these free games as part of their bundle. In fairness, it won't be as bad as how I see people on the likes of Adverts, listing games like Fortnite, Warframe, etc in the hope of duping some unsuspecting customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sligeach wrote: »
    You know what'll happen with those free games. When people are selling their Switch in the future, they'll list off all these free games as part of their bundle. In fairness, it won't be as bad as how I see people on the likes of Adverts, listing games like Fortnite, Warframe, etc in the hope of duping some unsuspecting customer.

caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Quick question about the Robonauts, etc downloads. Have a Switch here for son for Christmas, set it up and created his account. Also created an account for myself. I've downloaded today's game using his account, do I need to download it again to my account, or is the download useable by any account on the one Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

When people are selling their Switch in the future, they'll list off all these free games as part of their bundle.

You only left out the 4-6 exclamation points.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

hdl wrote: »
    Quick question about the Robonauts, etc downloads. Have a Switch here for son for Christmas, set it up and created his account. Also created an account for myself. I've downloaded today's game using his account, do I need to download it again to my account, or is the download useable by any account on the one Switch?

Should be usable by any account on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Fysh wrote: »

Thanks. It did seem that way, but I've never used a Switch before so just wanted to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭RedXIV

You can get back on the chain by buying robonauts and then claiming the rest free on each day. It's less than £1 on the UK site at the moment, so not a bad deal.

Edit: the terms are a bit unclear on this, but the above is true if you start the chain and then miss a game so tbh for around €1 it's worth a try...

Just to confirm, this worked for me

Pardon my ignorance but I thought the games were tied to the account and not the Switch? Is that not how it works? Or am I being a div?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pardon my ignorance but I thought the games were tied to the account and not the Switch? Is that not how it works? Or am I being a div?

I think you can delete the accounts, but the games will stay on the console. So you can create another profile?
    Or maybe change the owner profile?

Advertisement