Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭brevity

If it is a present remember to do the system updates beforehand.

ðŸ‘

A present for ME!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

brevity wrote: »
    ðŸ‘

A present for ME!!!!!

Zut alors!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

I ordered the one off littlewoods and arrived today complete with mario cart deluxe 8 which was a surprise to me 305 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

pollocks wrote: »
    I ordered the one off littlewoods and arrived today complete with mario cart deluxe 8 which was a surprise to me 305 euros
    How come you got that for 305 Euro?

chonix wrote:
    How come you got that for 305 Euro?

I have no idea, I ordered just the console for a Santa present and it came with the mario game inside for the estore and plastered all over the outer sleeve on the box was mario deluxe included. So it was either a mistake on their part or they just sent out those ones as standard? Anyone else order from littlewoods?

• Advertisement

I have no idea, I ordered just the console for a Santa present and it came with the mario game inside for the estore and plastered all over the outer sleeve on the box was mario deluxe included. So it was either a mistake on their part or they just sent out those ones as standard? Anyone else order from littlewoods?
    I've heard bad things about littlewoods. Definitely you were lucky!. How many days for the dispatch/delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

lol someone posted that last year as well. Can't remember if it was this thread or bargain alerts. That poor sod didn't cop on until he got a few hilarious replies though!

:edit: Found it:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107614734&postcount=7877

I still slag him about this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I paid 350 for the same thing in smyths. Littlewoods definitely didn’t have that package when I looked

redzerdrog wrote:
    I paid 350 for the same thing in smyths. Littlewoods definitely didn’t have that package when I looked

But that's what I'm saying I didint order the package I just ordered the console which was advertised for 305.
    Think it took 7 days from when I ordered to delivery but that was due to delivery driver acting the maggot should of been here in 5.

But that's what I'm saying I didint order the package I just ordered the console which was advertised for 305.
    Think it took 7 days from when I ordered to delivery but that was due to delivery driver acting the maggot should of been here in 5.
    Basically , there is a chance that:
    1- If you order from littlewoods, the parcel might arrive
    2- If it arrives, then after ordering a plain switch from littlewoods gets you the Deluxe Mario Kart Digital Edition

• Advertisement

chonix wrote:
    Basically , there is a chance that: 1- If you order from littlewoods, the parcel might arrive 2- If it arrives, then after ordering a plain switch from littlewoods gets you the Deluxe Mario Kart Digital Edition

3- it never arrives

chonix wrote: »
    Basically , there is a chance that:
    1- If you order from littlewoods, the parcel might arrive
    2- If it arrives, then after ordering a plain switch from littlewoods gets you the Deluxe Mario Kart Digital Edition

I ordered a PSVR headset from Littlewoods in 2017 for about €350.

They sent me two boxes.

Also managed to get a 55" Samsung TV from them with a 20% off voucher, and normally you can never use their money-off coupons for televisions. Took about €300 off the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've bought a good bit off Littlewoods. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone buying online make sure to check the postal service for cutoff dates.

Dead by daylight for €25 in Smyths looks interesting but probably just a few euro dearer than I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Not sure if it was posted here already, but Smyths have some of the Labo sets reduced to €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

It's always good to reduce prices when there is no stock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Smyths use scissors to cut price of paper, but stock at rock bottom.

sligeach wrote: »
    Smyths use scissors to cut price of paper, but stock at rock bottom.

How long did it take you to come up with that?
    Also, bravo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I see Argos have BotW Wii U for €37. Is that a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Lego games on sale on Nintendo Switch eShop Canada / USA
    The prices displayed are from the Canadian eShop (often lower than the US prices by a few cents)

** You have to pay a small tax (tens) of cents for purchases in North America **
    choose the province of Alberta to benefit from the lowest possible taxes.

Lego Ninjago the Movie €10.20
    Jurassic World - €17
    Lego City Undercover - €8
    Lego Worlds - €5.10
    Lego DC Super-Villains: Deluxe Edition - €24.50
    Lego DC Super-Villains - €11.90
    Lego Super-Vilains DC Season Pass - €6.80
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 - €8.15
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Season Pass - €6.80
    Lego The Incredibles - €14.30
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe Edition - €16.30
    Lego Harry Potter Collection - €12.20
    The Great Lego 2 Adventure: The Video Game - €13.60

For anyone that doesnt know how:
    These Require an American/Canadian Paypal account or eshop cards from these regions
    EShop cards available from, for example here: https://www.pcgamesupply.com/Nintendo-eShop/
    WARNING: Changing stores keeps your Gold points, but deletes your eshop balance if you have anything in it.

Create a Canadian Paypal - https://www.paypal.com/signup/account
    If you use Gmail, you have endless aliases.
    So, if your address is boardsie@gmail.com, you will receive emails sent to boardsie+canada@gmail.com or boardsie+paypal@gmail.com into your normal address.
    For personal information, put your real first name/surname/date of birth.
    For the rest, you can use afake address generator
    Then add your card.
    You may need to add a new billing address for your credit card to work - So in Ireland your real address, and when you are in Canada, your Canadian address.
    Enter your card number,
    Now, 2 options:
    1 - You have used your Irish bank card. The conversion rate will be done by PayPal and you will not have any additional charges from your bank.
    2 - You have used a Revolut/N26/Other card and you wish to be debited in the purchase currency and benefit from the conversion rate of your bank:
    Follow this post

Switching your Nintendo Account to Canada
    Go here and choose Canada as your country or create a Canadian Profile. - https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit
    Save.
    The transaction can be carried out online or via the console. I prefer doing it on the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I see Argos have BotW Wii U for €37. Is that a bargain?

I don't really think it's a bargain price but it's the lowest price around I think and you probably won't do better. It's been that price for a while now in Argos.
    How long did it take you to come up with that?
    Also, bravo. :)

About 10 seconds. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Gear club unlimited 2 down to €24 on eshop, worth a purchase?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mundo7976 wrote: »

Absolutely not.
    I was dumb enough to buy it and regret it.
    It might be made by the team that developed Test Drive Unlimited but it isn't fit to tie it's shoes.
    Better save your money, buy Grid or something else instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm about 115 hours into Asphalt 9. I'd recommend it for your racing fix.

Mundo7976 wrote: »

Grid is fantastic, as an alternative. With more updates and game modes coming soon. Highly recommend.

Bury Me My Love is free if you own any games by Plug In Digital. List here:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/want_more_free_switch_games_bury_me_my_love_is_free_if_you_own_any_plug_in_digital_game

I had Bombslinger and Sterenden. I had to go to the eshop where I got those games to get BMML free (which was the US store).

I had BMML on mobile and it's a touching adventure game with a good story and multiple endings.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I'm about 115 hours into Asphalt 9. I'd recommend it for your racing fix.

Downloaded for my nephew and he loves it. I think I'll get it myself too. Great game. Very arcadey.

Heads up, this starts off proper tomorrow on the 16th...

Probably about time I put a MicroSD in my Switch Lite

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Lego games on sale on Nintendo Switch eShop Canada / USA
    The prices displayed are from the Canadian eShop (often lower than the US prices by a few cents)

For anyone that doesnt know how:
    These Require an American/Canadian Paypal account or eshop cards from these regions

Can you not just use Revolut directly on US/Canada eShop?

Advertisement