Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys opened today and some people up at 3am for it

Options
  • 12-06-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I kind you not 3am to go to fuking Penneys which was not supposed to open untill 10.30 am but opened earlier because of these people. Have they no shame?
    Then spending on average of 200 euro on clothes that will fall apart or be old in a year or two. I just thats crazy. Yes sure I have bought stuff in Penneys but only if it's on deal and no I would not be up at 3am in the morning waiting for it to open feck that. Would you?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

AMKC wrote: »
    I kind you not 3am to go to fuking Penneys which was not supposed to open untill 10.30 am but opened earlier because of these people. Have they no shame?
    Then spending on average of 200 euro on clothes that will fall apart or be old in a year or two. I just thats crazy. Yes sure I have bought stuff in Penneys but only if it's on deal and no I would not be up at 3am in the morning waiting for it to open feck that. Would you?

Mind your own business

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Still one of the most memorable Xmas commercial jingles ever no matter what else about them. Takes me right back to beig a young lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I think the world is just mad right now. People eating bats a million miles away effectively shutting the down the world, cancelling all sorts of shows/movies on the off chance it offends people, queuing for knickers 7 hours before a shop opens. It's mad. I'm going to bed and setting my alarm for June 12th 2050. See ye later lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Mind your own business

But but, there's common people buying common stuff!
    And getting some craic out of it.!
    It's not on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

The amount of judgment going on for people queuing to get into various shops (IKEA, McDonalds, etc.) is ridiculous, very sad. Let people queue if they want. Once it is done safely, then let them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

How dare they!!!! They should be sitting in quiet fear inside their homes and more and more businesses and jobs can then go bust least we anger our vengeful virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

chops018 wrote: »
    The amount of judgment going on for people queuing to get into various shops (IKEA, McDonalds, etc.) is ridiculous, very sad. Let people queue if they want. Once it is done safely, then let them off.

The same people moan and call you a virtue signaller, that you don’t care or respect lockdown if you go to a BLM protest.... do nothing and you’re a keyboard warrior

When the pubs open and there’s queues it’ll be a different story again for people who were laughing at the Penney’s queues

Basically, everyone who doesn’t go or want to go to Penney’s getting knickers in a twist over those that do, maybe because they wanted to go themselves but didn’t, or maybe they’re just looking for the latest outrage

It made literally 0.000% difference to my day that people went out in the rain at 3am to queue. I’ll go up next week when it’s all died down. The queue is not for me, nothing more to it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just extraordinary the Q"s outside various penny's. I wondered how much the Covid-19 unemployment payments have to do with this carry on

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

We need people to get out and spend money, and to get as many back to work and off the Covid payment as possible.

I still wouldn't queue at 7 though, I'm lazy like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Take an employment survey of those queuing outside pennies and you may find the stats one sided. Nobody holding down a job will queue from 3am, 5am or even 7am for pennys.

I heard an interview this morning and she queued from 5am for " PJs and eyelashes" both items readily available elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I would queue from 3am for a pint and a carvery as my last one was 24th of feb. Suspect the same for these people queuing to shop at primark.

Tis all relative.

Yes. Let's all judge people who queue secure in the knowledge that we are so much better and have far richer lives than they. After all they are probably all 'working class' and shopping for their outdoors pjs. How dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭boardise

The same people moan and call you a virtue signaller, that you don’t care or respect lockdown if you go to a BLM protest.... do nothing and you’re a keyboard warrior

When the pubs open and there’s queues it’ll be a different story again for people who were laughing at the Penney’s queues

Basically, everyone who doesn’t go or want to go to Penney’s getting knickers in a twist over those that do, maybe because they wanted to go themselves but didn’t, or maybe they’re just looking for the latest outrage

It made literally 0.000% difference to my day that people went out in the rain at 3am to queue. I’ll go up next week when it’s all died down. The queue is not for me, nothing more to it

That's the spirit !

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

So what, we have been locked down for a quarter of a year. If they want to queue as shopping in Penny's is their thing, more power to them.

I'll be down at my local gastro pub for lunch on the 29th first in line/booking to get my pint of Guinness and whatever else I need to buy to make them serve me. That's my thing and to hell with your begrudgery!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I seen videos of mainly women dressed as Bianca from EastEnders that have just got their free welfare payment and are now running to spend it in pennys.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I might queue from 3 am for a SuperMacs Mighty Mac meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

This thread didn't make any difference to your day either but you're still complaining about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I seen videos of mainly women dressed as Bianca from EastEnders that have just got their free welfare payment and are now running to spend it in pennys.....

Keeping the economy mooooving

I might queue from 3 am for a SuperMacs Mighty Mac meal.

Please God don't, that food is pure dirt....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

We also desperately need to get our largely service based economy moving again - the middle class curtain twitchers cowering in their homes dont seem to get this.

• Advertisement

Keeping the economy mooooving

I thought I seen a few beached whale

I thought I seen a few beached whale

LOL, some sight to behold with some of the video's doing the rounds, there was more Gardai on duty than penny's staff by the look of things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

They must be really bored.

I'd say Maggie and her football team subbed by the state will be there too.....

She had no issues taking over €300 worth of goods free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Oh please, everyone judges others at one time or another. This isn’t coronavirus-related tutting. You hear the same about sales and product releases. Some of us consider it bonkers. Sure, you’re judging those of that do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I’m delighted to see so many people make the effort to go out and spend money to support local jobs and businesses, and long may it last.

Penney’s is a huge employer and the more staff they can keep on after being closed for just under 3 months the better. It’s great to see people back to work.

The other side of this is that if they had been allowed open up earlier there wouldn’t have been such high demand today, when you cut off the supply the demand just increases causing big queues when the service reopens. This is a no brainer, it was the same with IKEA and McDonald’s etc.

I didn’t queue at 3am but I did head in at around 11am and only had to queue for half an hour, I’ve often queued longer for Dunnes. They had an excellent well managed set up in store and it was a lovely hour of normality.

Best Post of the day "lovely virus!, where did you get it hun??, Penny's!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

They're called cúnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Didn't see as much fuss on twitter and the like when the Indo (I think) interviewed some woman outside Brown Thomas the other day when she was going into buy a EUR 1,200 hand bag (as she told them).

If people are queuing, so what. As long as they are going to do it safely.

We are going to be queuing for most retail visits going forward so get used to it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Then spending on average of 200 euro on clothes that will fall apart or be old in a MONTH or two. I just thats crazy. Yes sure I have bought stuff in Penneys but only if it's on deal and no I would not be up at 3am in the morning waiting for it to open feck that. Would you?

FYP ;) the clothes shrink and twist like hell after a couple of washes, disposable crap made by poor people in appalling conditions.

Hard to understanding their logic but if it makes them happy let them at it.

Personally I'd rather remove my teeth with a rusty pliers but each to their own.

Advertisement