Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys opened today and some people up at 3am for it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Oh please, everyone judges others at one time or another. This isn’t coronavirus-related tutting. You hear the same about sales and product releases. Some of us consider it bonkers. Sure, you’re judging those of that do.

Ok, fair enough, judge away and have an opinion on the matter all you want but the level of vitriol towards people queuing for different shops or food places is unreal. They don't deserve to be called idiots or worse obscenities for doing so. Personally, I wouldn't be bothered queuing up at those times for a shop reopening just like I wouldn't queue at midnight for a new game being released etc., but each to their own and if the fact they get to shop in Pennies again keeps them happy and they are not doing any harm to anyone then let them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭Be right back

Each to their own. I will wait for a couple of weeks. Won't hurt!

They're called cúnts.

What? For wanting to go in to a shop?

Reminds me of the kind of people that stand up as soon as the plane lands. You've waited 3 months to go to penney's, could you not wait a few more hours or days to avoid queuing.

4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

AMKC wrote: »
    I kind you not 3am to go to fuking Penneys which was not supposed to open untill 10.30 am but opened earlier because of these people. Have they no shame?
    Then spending on average of 200 euro on clothes that will fall apart or be old in a year or two. I just thats crazy. Yes sure I have bought stuff in Penneys but only if it's on deal and no I would not be up at 3am in the morning waiting for it to open feck that. Would you?
    AMKC

You must be tight if you only buy stuff in pennys that is on deals :D:D

• Advertisement

I'd say Maggie and her football team subbed by the state will be there too.....

She had no issues taking over €300 worth of goods free.

You have such a horrible attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You have such a horrible attitude.

I think I'd rather live with Margaret Cash than someone like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

chops018 wrote: »
    Ok, fair enough, judge away and have an opinion on the matter all you want but the level of vitriol towards people queuing for different shops or food places is unreal. They don't deserve to be called idiots or worse obscenities for doing so. Personally, I wouldn't be bothered queuing up at those times for a shop reopening just like I wouldn't queue at midnight for a new game being released etc., but each to their own and if the fact they get to shop in Pennies again keeps them happy and they are not doing any harm to anyone then let them off.

I personally haven’t heard vitriol, just the usual “who are those sad sacks?”.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I personally haven’t heard vitriol, just the usual “who are those sad sacks?”.

Read the thread.
    The looking down the nose at the underclass is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

There is something wrong with some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

What? For wanting to go in to a shop?

No, for queuing up outside for hours. Cúnts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Reminds me of the kind of people that stand up as soon as the plane lands. You've waited 3 months to go to penney's, could you not wait a few more hours or days to avoid queuing.

Would you wait if your knickers were hanging off down around your knees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

They're called cúnts.

Some ppl use that term to describe lads that pull out the guitar at any opportunity. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Found a good few people giving out about the ques and they’re in the que themselves. I think it’s good these places are busy and still operating under a new process. A lot of people need it, not just the customers, but the staff, the company and the exchequer. Fair play to the lot of em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Car99 wrote: »
    Some ppl use that term to describe lads that pull out the guitar at any opportunity. Each to their own.

And this is connected to the thread in what way? And yes I agree, people who take out guitars at any opportunity are in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,319 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It’s the first day and they’ll be a crowd. Some places weren’t even that bad.

Some just like the drama of everywhere being closed. They’ve there fingers crossed now that they’ll be a surge in two weeks and they’ll can blame people going to Penny’s for it.
    They were giving out a few weeks ago about people going to the beach and to Woodies,etc now it’s Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

It's nice to see the Irish supporting Cambodian child employment

Would you wait if your knickers were hanging off down around your knees?

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

You know, to some the weekly visit, perhaps even more, to the shops is the new religion. There's a bit of that in what we have seen here and at IKEA earlier in the week. To do something you have to do, which you actually enjoy, and to be forced not to do it, for so long.

A lot of pent up frustration here. Look at it this way. People going shopping is helping the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Mind your own business

Was it you up at 3am? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Personally I don't mind people queuing for shops.If they want to do it all day,that is their choice.But they should still adhere to the safety restrictions,which quite a few were not today.That is my only issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Queuing is a mugs game, esp if it's bland junk food and sweatshop fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Yeah personally I think its a bit much, but live and let live. Not trying to be sarky at all, but just be happy that you have the freedom and the choice to not go if you dont want to? As Im sure these shoppers are happy that they have the freedom and choice to queue to get into Penneys at whatever hour they wish. The moment you stop letting in(s)ane things other people do bother you, the happier you'll be, I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

"Junk is the ideal product... the ultimate merchandise. No sales talk necessary. The client will crawl through a sewer and beg to buy."

-William S. Burroughs

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Reports of someone in a queue for one of these kips with a child.

At 3am.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Rodin wrote: »

Given that it's one of the biggest retail companies in Europe, safe to say it's not just the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Listening to a vox pop of shoppers in Penny's in Dublin City Centre, there seems to be no shortage of whackerettes stocking up on clothed for their holidays.

And not a staycation in Bray either - Costa Del Sol was mentioned.

Edit: some other howirya said they spent €500 in Penny's. She'd need an artic to get that home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Saw someone on the news telling the nation she has enough fresh knickers now to do her for the next few weeks. Morto like

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Sure it's only working class inbreds that shop in Penney's spending their dole money or children's allowance- let them at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

Rodin wrote: »
    i would say the cambodians are happy enough too..

Advertisement