Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys opened today and some people up at 3am for it

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Saw someone on the news telling the nation she has enough fresh knickers now to do her for the next few weeks. Morto like

Maybe she had a side business selling the used ones? A good bit of advertising for her by the sound of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Take an employment survey of those queuing outside pennies and you may find the stats one sided. Nobody holding down a job will queue from 3am, 5am or even 7am for pennys.

I heard an interview this morning and she queued from 5am for " PJs and eyelashes" both items readily available elsewhere.

Aah, disappointing.

I was wondering what they were q-ing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You have such a horrible attitude.

Go on elaborate, I'm awaiting your educated response.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sure it's only working class inbreds that shop in Penney's spending their dole money or children's allowance- let them at it.

How does one be working class and on the dole?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

How does one be working class and on the dole?

When you form part of a particular socio economic grouping and also unemployed. There is no paradox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

came for the sneering stuck-up attitude, thread didn't disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

kenmm wrote: »
    came for the sneering stuck-up attitude, thread didn't disappoint

Untitled-1.jpg

After hours use to be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

I think the world is just mad right now. People eating bats a million miles away effectively shutting the down the world, cancelling all sorts of shows/movies on the off chance it offends people, queuing for knickers 7 hours before a shop opens. It's mad. I'm going to bed and setting my alarm for June 12th 2050. See ye later lads.

don't forget the hosepipe ban.
    Pl$$ed so heavily yesterday all hosepipes were swept away

• Registered Users Posts: 30,319 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You've to be careful slagging of Penneys man.
    They attract people of various classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I seen videos of mainly women dressed as Bianca from EastEnders that have just got their free welfare payment and are now running to spend it in pennys.....

RICKAYYYYYY...........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I find it a bit sad. People queuing for hours for something they will dump in a month. I don't care if people queue for hours but choice of the shop just tells you how much will be dumped soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Can't think of a higher level moron than whoever was there at 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Sure at the rate of time they have been shut their pyjamas would have worn out or washed away by now. Let them enjoy their shopping - what harm.

Any pics?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,628 ✭✭✭billyhead

Wait until the barbers and hairdressers open ðŸ˜

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Dunnes is just as good for clothes and was always open.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Dunnes is just as good for clothes and was always open.

It’s far more expensive though. Dunnes can be a bit notioney that way. Same quality clothes as Penneys but with a M&S price tag

Actually come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever bought one item of clothes in Dunnes in my whole life apart from nightwear. I don’t know who they market to but it ain’t me.

Love their home wear though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

And then all the boring, nasty little whingers turned up, moaning about social welfare and Margaret Cash, and calling people 'cunts' for going shopping.

It'd be fun again if those people fucked off, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

How sad and empty are some peoples lives where they run into a queue for Pennies? Seriously. Do they have anything better to do aside from queuing early?

For anyone desperate enough for clothes, the English company ASDA is online and they have a clothing range called George and they deliver direct to Ireland too. Their clothes is like dunnes quality but pennies prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

In fairness there's people who may have young children and the clothes they had at the beginning of the lockdown no longer fit. The options to buy clothes during lockdown were online or in Dunnes or Tesco, and I don't know if the shops were giving people access to clothing departments.

People need clothes. Cheap clothes.

• Advertisement

It’s far more expensive though. Dunnes can be a bit notioney that way. Same quality clothes as Penneys but with a M&S price tag

Actually come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever bought one item of clothes in Dunnes in my whole life apart from nightwear. I don’t know who they market to but it ain’t me.

Love their home wear though.

Dunnes clothes is much better than Pennies. Pennies clothes fall apart after 2 washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

owlbethere wrote: »
    Dunnes clothes is much better than Pennies. Pennies clothes fall apart after 2 washes.

No they don’t. Penneys quality is grand. Not amazing but you get what you pay for. I’ve yet to have any item fall apart on me let alone after two washes. People always say this and for the most part it’s completely untrue

No they don’t. Penneys quality is grand. Not amazing but you get what you pay for. I’ve yet to have any item fall apart on me let alone after two washes. People always say this and for the most part it’s completely untrue

I was shopping on a budget a few years ago before a holiday and I needed some new clothes. I went to Pennies and I was delighted because I got 8 pants for 40 euro. They were the baggy type of joggers/leggings type of pants. I swear, I didn't even get the summer out of them and they started ripping at the seams down the legs. Then I remembered why I never shop in Pennies. The clothes are sh1te. I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Greyfox

chops018 wrote: »
    The amount of judgment going on for people queuing to get into various shops (IKEA, McDonalds, etc.) is ridiculous, very sad. Let people queue if they want. Once it is done safely, then let them off.

They can queue if they want but if your standing behind a long queue for non essential items your a gobsh*te. People are allowed voice their opinion.

And then all the boring, nasty little whingers turned up, moaning about social welfare and Margaret Cash, and calling people 'cunts' for going shopping.

It'd be fun again if those people fucked off, tbh.

Na you need a bit of the auld non censorship to be honest

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I thought I seen a few beached whale
    Dempo1 wrote: »
    LOL, some sight to behold with some of the video's doing the rounds, there was more Gardai on duty than penny's staff by the look of things
    I'd say Maggie and her football team subbed by the state will be there too.....

She had no issues taking over €300 worth of goods free.
    They're called cúnts.
    No, for queuing up outside for hours. Cúnts.

Sure it's only working class inbreds that shop in Penney's spending their dole money or children's allowance- let them at it.

Mod:

If you can't get your point across without being so aggressive or discriminatory then don't post here please.

The funny thing is that most if not all you seen queuing up were the ones out and about when they were asked to stay at home.....

No cure for stupid.

Seriously if something opens after the time they were closed leave it for a few days, don't rush and then all on top of each other....

These are the morons that will pass the disease on to family and other elderly people they come in contact with.... Nothing has changed nothing at all, the virus is still here and it's imo quite likely to come back hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I saw on the Independent that one woman Q'd ftom 3am with a child....
    Ffs

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I saw on the Independent that one woman Q'd ftom 3am with a child....
    Ffs

Yes, that's a special kind of special.

• Advertisement

Go on elaborate, I'm awaiting your educated response.

Well lookit you aren't the only one but why be so disparaging towards people who want to queue?

I find it really interesting how people get all worked up about something that really doesn't affect them. There is definitely an air of smugness here. Perhaps it's to compensate for feeling like their own lives aren't any great shakes so being judgemental makes them feel better. I don't know.

As for Penneys being rubbish and throw away? I have pjs and jumpers from there that are years old. My wardrobe is a mix of expensive and very cheap. No problem with Penneys clothes.

Advertisement