Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The same person has asked me every day for the last few weeks. Are the Pubs open yet and when are they reopening?.
    He doesn't drink and doesn't go to pubs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The same person has asked me every day for the last few weeks. Are the Pubs open yet and when are they reopening?.
    He doesn't drink and doesn't go to pubs.

Subtext: "How much longer before you get out of my hair?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I've been getting a lot of emails from two Dallas based dating websites since late last night.

It looks as though someone with a similar email address to myself registered with them and now I have gotten emails informing me that a bucket load of men in the late 60s to late 70s bracket are interested in a ride (dirty fookers :eek:)

I tried unsubscribing from the emails but apparently this is only possible by logging into the account and changing the email settings. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've been getting a lot of emails from two Dallas based dating websites since late last night.

It looks as though someone with a similar email address to myself registered with them and now I have gotten emails informing me that a bucket load of men in the late 60s to late 70s bracket are interested in a ride (dirty fookers :eek:)

I tried unsubscribing from the emails but apparently this is only possible by logging into the account and changing the email settings. :mad:

We believe you Shell

Whatever you are into.

TA the Glenroes are setting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's too funny!
    Pity you don't know what these gents are offering. You might sign up yourself! :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm also TA'd on behalf of Shelly Mustang who is now thinking they will always be on the shelf as they are getting no matches.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm also TA'd on behalf of Shelly Mustang who is now thinking they will always be on the shelf as they are getting no matches.

:D

I'm curious to know what mustang shelly senior looks like, she's a very popular lady.

Lifting up a tinny (when brain thinks it's only about 1/3 full but it's more like 3/4 full)
    Brain tells arm the exact amount (oblivious to me strangely) of effort to exert - in order to lift said tinny - apparently to conserve energy.
    Don't grab a firm enough hold on can and it falls mid-lift usually between 1-5 inches off surface it was resting upon. :(

Conservation aint all it's cracked up to be :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D

I'm curious to know what mustang shelly senior looks like, she's a very popular lady.

No guarantees that they're senior or a lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Had a call from someone who was convinced he saw my cat. Despite my best intentions, I allowed myself to get my hopes up and raced to where he had been spotted. What are the chances, another cat who looked like a younger version of my missing lad was roaming around. He actually ran towards me when I called my cat's name and for a happy five seconds I really thought it was him. It felt like the most cruel and unfortunate coincidence :(

TA that the man who called was so nice and had even said before I saw the "wrong" cat that he didn't want the reward etc. So we all left feeling bad. The caller obviously scurried off because he felt so guilty getting my hopes up. My heart was torn from elation to despair yet again and I left in a crumpled mess, and the poor unassuming cat who happened to look like mine was probably equally miserable that we were all so unhappy to see him... Probably trying to figure out what he did wrong. Poor cat, not his fault he isn't another cat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

TA'd by how unreasonably long the 5-day working week feels since I've been working from home. 5 days just seems like unwarranted torment. Friday feels like a distant dream. And then to add insult to injury, it feels like the weekend has barely started before it's Sunday night again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Antares35 wrote: »
    My cat is still missing and I keep going between hope and sorrow. One minute I think someone must have taken him in or he is lost or whatever and the next I think no he would come home if he could, he must have met with some misfortune. :(

I love cats and have lived with them all my life. It may just be that your cat has wandered off for a few days and then will come home when it's ready - it's happened to me lots of times. Hopefully this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Google Chrome won't open on my work computer. What am I supposed to do? Work? I'm literally on Edge right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When someone puts up a picture of a gig poster and asks what year it was. Typically the poster would say something like Friday 6 March but no year.

And you have loads of people underneath trying to guess it (usually getting it wrong)

None of them seem to have heard of perpetual calendar, create-calendar-for-any-year sites that gave been on internet since mid 1990s.

When someone puts up a picture of a gig poster and asks what year it was. Typically the poster would say something like Friday 6 March but no year.

And you have loads of people underneath trying to guess it (usually getting it wrong)

None of them seem to have heard of perpetual calendar, create-ca
    No quite like this?
    lendar-for-any-year sites that gave been on internet since mid 1990s.
    0a321e6f33d95954bbfa540d9e98ef4f.jpg

(What I wrote didn't make it...) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

There are wonderful workouts available online now(a happy side effect/affect of cv)
    TA I have to get through them all to see if it contains or has a large % of particular types of exercise I cant do due to various injuries.

It would be faster to do than watch them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Something like that - although the ones I see usually have the day of the week.

PS - That Wedding Present one is 1987. I played the album endlessly then and saw them on their Irish first gig a year later.

Here's the type

104068432_10158848283004341_5809693634892136643_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=zNPr1LBzYW8AX-IMK6c&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=5ac4c37029926942ed49e107b2831095&oe=5F0ED20E

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In recent week's I've had a young woman scream fake at me as she didnt like my fb a/c(somehow it wasnt locked as normal)
    another young person accused me of having a fake cough, when I coughed and wheesed in a queue outside a chemist!

Absol #notallyoungpeople

But its too wearing at this stage to have to deal with this s*&t for what seems to be no reason.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Did you attempt a password reset? Many systems will send a unique one off URL to the email address on the account, that you can use to login then change the email address to something else.

• Advertisement

Did you attempt a password reset? Many systems will send a unique one off URL to the email address on the account, that you can use to login then change the email address to something else.

That's a good idea, never thought of that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People who stick their beak in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Seagulls.While waiting in my car to be called into the GP for bloodwork. I watched a Seagull murder and proceeded to eat a Starling.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'I seen. I done.'

No, no, no!

I saw. I did.

And 'reign it in'. No.

Rein, rein, rein.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

The neighbours on the other side of the wall are so fcuking annoying. They're not really doing anything that constitutes noise pollution or a serious nuisance, but they keep me awake night after bloody night, having inane conversations in bed. They're home together all day, every day, but suddenly 1am is the time for a long chat in bed, complete with raised voices and loud laughing.

I usually go to bed about 11.30pm, read a bit and then gradually fall asleep, so it's literally right as I'm drifting off to sleep around 12.15am that they go into their bedroom (other side of my bedroom wall), open and close drawers repeatedly, bang around and then have a chat for at least an hour. It went on a few nights ago until almost 2.30am. I'm usually up at 6 for work, so I was absolutely shattered.

How do people not understand the concept of 'be quiet at night'? Do they seriously not think anyone can hear them, in the middle of the night when everything is quiet? They speak at 1am how you'd speak at 2pm in the afternoon in a busy and noisy office, not making an effort to whisper. How do people get through life without learning this stuff?

I don't particularly want to have to confront them, but I'm in absolute bits. My work and my health are suffering from barely getting 4 or 5 hours' sleep, night after night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't particularly want to have to confront them, but I'm in absolute bits. My work and my health are suffering from barely getting 4 or 5 hours' sleep, night after night.

Don't know your circumstances, but if you're in the house by yourself, make as much noise as possible in your bedroom when you wake up. They'll be asleep at that stage, but not for long! If possible (with the windows closed), blast out Friday by Rebecca Black, every morning. They won't be long saying it to you, and you can in turn say it to them. Just a thought.

TA'd that I can't figure out what to do with myself in general.

'I seen. I done.'

No, no, no!

I saw. I did.

And 'reign it in'. No.

Rein, rein, rein.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah.

Annoyed that I don't know how this can annoy anybody... Spoken; they both sound the same.. How often do you see this in written form? :pac:

Also, while I'm here, the fact I can bold part of a response but never any of my own text :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

PEOPLE WHO WRITE ONLY IN CAPS.
    Especially on Facebook,and it's usually the same people who are allergic to paragraphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Also, while I'm here, the fact I can bold part of a response but never any of my own text :o

You can, just put (without the spaces) [ b] before what you want to bold, and [ /b] at the end.

• Advertisement

You can, just put (without the spaces) [ b] before what you want to bold, and [ /b] at the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement