Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What everyday things are you not able to do?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I can never manage to make a cup of tea in the exact time it takes for my toast to pop. I’m always either left waiting, or it pops too early.
    I challenge myself every morning but never manage to exact it.
    One of these days I’ll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Maths. But sure that's why calculators were invented, so I don't have to

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Roll my Rrrrrrrrs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭blackbox

Can't sing in tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Archeron

I can't drive in a multi story car park with the radio on. I always listen to music in the car but as soon as I approach the ticket machine in a multi story, I have to switch off or I forget what to do. Surface car parks are fine though for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't reverse with sunglasses on. Just not happening.
    I can't find my way around anywhere, even places I've lived for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Have disposable income or savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Cut bread or cake without it falling to pieces....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Can never finish tasks.I've a short span of attenti........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Can't sleep in the same position in bed...moving all the time..

Can't say no to food...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Can't read my own writing after a short time
    or sung in tune :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

There's a sense of 'quick logic' missing from my brain that others seem to have. Like when it comes to knowing what effect switching from GMT to BST has on the amount of daylight we have in the mornings, I need to work through the whole story from beginning to end in my head. Whereas other people seem to 'just know'.

I think the same gap presents itself when it comes to splitting a bill and someone randomly points out that "X owes Y money, so factor that in when you divide it up".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can't make friends every time I show a little trust or let someone into my life boom right in the proverbials, people are kunts but I am too easy sometimes and always seem to attract the worst rats who just take take take and don't ever give anything back be it time or help. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Drive. As in, I have never even sat behind the wheel of a car.

And yeah, actually, I can't rollerskate or rollerblade either. I just fall on my arse.

Or snap my fingers. Bleedin' useful, so I am.

USELESS, I MEANT USELESS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Lads, any of ye who can’t whistle - you’re not missing out. I can whistle and, MAN, is it annoying! :pac: :P I freely acknowledge that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I can never get up on time :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tringle wrote: »
    I can't speak French and I really want to.
    Pourquoi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Can't stand up on a surf board, but I enjoy making the effort.

Can't sing, really really really wish I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Candie wrote: »
    Can't tell my left from my other left without thinking about it for a nanosec.

Yes! I sometimes have to look at my hands first and I'm left handed so I look at my left first and work from there. If I have to answer someone quickly about whether to go left or right I often panic and get it wrong!
    anna080 wrote: »
    I can never manage to make a cup of tea in the exact time it takes for my toast to pop. I’m always either left waiting, or it pops too early.
    I challenge myself every morning but never manage to exact it.
    One of these days I’ll get there.

I'm glad that I'm the only person who does this, and then I'm frantically trying to butter the toast before it goes cold, the stress of it all.
    TG1 wrote: »
    Cut bread or cake without it falling to pieces....

Which is why I usually try to buy sliced bread and cheese, or get the missus to cut it for me, because when I do it it's uneven or all over the place.

Your replies are comforting me people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Malayalam wrote: »
    Can't stand up on a surf board, but I enjoy making the effort.

Can't sing, really really really wish I could.

Same as that's why I bodyboard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

There are probably loads of everyday thing I can't do but usually, I don't need to or want to. I just turned 45, and can't drive or swim, but I don't care.

What I would like to do it play a musical instrument (or instruments) decently. I own about 10 or 15 that I should really put some effort into, but when they don't work straight away, I give up. They include a keyboard (the easiest), harmonica, concertina, recorder, bongos, a rababa (something I bought in Egypt), a psaltery, a theremin, and I've a lovely flute. :pac: (It's really hard to use!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Can't lick my elbows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

I can't run very far had a back injury year's back,had keyhole surgery,but everything else is fine...

Well able to lift,walk hills, mountain's,use power tools.

It's the bouncing on the road that causes my back to flare up....i don't mind really.

Because in ten year's time I'll still have my knee's,many will be costing health insurance companies a huge bill...

We're not built for running long distances,our climates wrong....too damp and inclament

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Measure pasta by eye. I have to weigh it or I end up with enough to feed an army.

Cycle a bike with no hands.

Finger whistle.

Say "tax disc" properly without really thinking about it.

Spell orally. I have to write it down, even though spelling is my "thing".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I can do everything people have listed as not being able to do but I cant tell the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

I cant cook rice to save my life. Always make a mess of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I can't control myself when I'm around strawberry jellies and could easily eat 3 bags in row :o:3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I got my first bike when I was eight or nine years old. There was nowhere to practice cycling except for a car park near my house. For weeks I would go there every evening for about an hour and try to cycle but I'd stop anytime someone drove up because I felt embarrassed. Eventually I gave up. My father said to me one day "I'm selling your bike". I think it was his way of trying to get me to say "don't sell it, I'll start using it again". For some reason it never dawned on him to drive me somewhere where I could cycle or even just offer some kind of encouragement. So instead he really did sell it.

I'm 42 and still can't cycle a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I may have posted before in another thread but

I can't wear in-ear head phones as the right one always falls out.

I can't do that figure 4 knee cross seating position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

chakotha wrote: »

I can't do that figure 4 knee cross seating position.

Me neither - sorta forgotten about it - but after a little while my left knee "snaps" - hurts a bit but really makes me feel sick.

At primary school they'd make us sit like that in assembly.

Advertisement