Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What everyday things are you not able to do?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

On water ?

Yeah, much better than getting wet like the swimming plebs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

What everyday things am I unable to do?

How much time have you got?:D

I am a modern day Frank Spencer (but lovable ;) )

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Akrasia wrote: »
    The same for me for years, sticky yucky gloopy mess but then my wife showed me how to do it
    For basmati rice
    Step 1.
    Ignore the instructions on the bag, it's all wrong

2. put some rice in a saucepan, whatever amount you want to eat but don't over fill the saucepan, an inch or two deep is loads

3.Put in water up to about double the height of the rice you already put in (I stick in my finger to see how deep it is, and estimate the water

4. Stick the lid on the saucepan and turn on full heat until the water starts to froth, just before it boils over, turn the heat right down to the lowest setting on your hob and leave it. The steam from the rest of the water will soak into your rice making it nice and fluffy.

5. Wait until you see the rice 'standing up' and take it off the heat and put it in a serving bowl to stop it sticking together and keep it all nice and fluffy.

The great thing about this is that most of the time it's cooking on a very low heat, so even if you leave it a bit too long the worst is that a small amount gets stuck to the bottom of the saucepan (unless you leave it way too long and smell burning, even then you can probably salvage most of the rice, just don't scrape off the burnt bits into the food you're gonna be eating)

If there is some rice stuck to the bottom of the pan, just leave it there and put in some cold water on top of it, after a few minutes it'll lift right off.

Have you tried making Tahdeeg? It depends on doing that last step to create the crispy crust. Deliciousness

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Cant put on mascara without closing my mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Can’t use a wah wah pedal without silently going ‘wah wah’ with my mouth.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭ignorance is strength

This thread's making me feel brilliant about myself. I. Am. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Drag/carry in a 20 k bag of coal in a gale/deluge without wrecking my back.... Ferry man can grab one with each hand no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Quantum physics

Advertisement