Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

hatrack wrote: »
    The what?!

I used it in the other office. Gave it to the intern, the nice new English girl, gave a lend of it on 1st May. Thought would get it following week, no mid May,

Wait there one more week,

Let me see.

$35000
    Add Import duty /
    Add vat /
    Add vrt
    /exchange rate translated to say €49000?
    Add expensive electrician,
    Add second most expensive electricity in EU.
    = EIRE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Navigate on Autopilot is now available in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,716 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sabre Man wrote: »

Which cars get this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

AP 2.0+ equipped cars I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

unkel wrote: »
    Which cars get this?

All cars with Enhanced Autopilot (which is no longer available to purchase) and those with Full Self Driving.

Frustrating that we’re still waiting for the configurator a month after it went live in the UK.

Based on Elon’s leaked email it won’t make much difference whether it opens tomorrow or in another four weeks - looks like they are fully focused on delivering as many cars as possible for Q2 so no reason for them to complicate things by running off more RHD. There may be around 300 RHD heading to the UK but that will be all until July.

Once the end of quarter rush is done we should see them produce a decent number of RHD cars.

Slaanesh wrote: »
    AP 2.0+ equipped cars I think.

I think this is correct.

I think this is correct.

AP3 cars that only have basic Autopilot do not get it.

A bit confusing still. So:

AP1 - no
    AP2 - yes
    AP2.5 - no unless FSD was bought
    AP3 - no unless FSD was bought

?

unkel wrote: »
    A bit confusing still. So:

AP1 - no
    AP2 - yes
    AP2.5 - no unless FSD was bought
    AP3 - no unless FSD was bought

?

Almost.

AP1 - no.
    AP2 - yes if Enhanced Autopilot was purchased.
    AP2.5 - yes if Enhanced Autopilot was purchased.
    AP3 - yes if Full Self Driving was purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Has anybody tested it? Curious to see how it copes on Irish roads with Irish drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

Don't know how Navigate On Autopilot will work on Irish road, but new EU regulations makes Autopilot crap and very frustrating to use.

Don't know how Navigate On Autopilot will work on Irish road, but new EU regulations makes Autopilot crap and very frustrating to use.

That's not my experience. Where did you drive?

I don't own Tesla.
    Just saw video on YouTube from Tesla Driver.
    Problem with Navigate On Autopilot is that car has to make lane change within 5 seconds frop when you indicate. If there is car on adjacent lane, tesla will usually wait for car to pass and then make lane change, but now it cancel after 5 seconds.

It changed on the last update, some time around the beginning of May. UN regulations (which have been adopted in the EU) have limited the amount the steering wheel can turn (amongst other things).

Autopilot still works well even on fairly sharp bends. In time I think it will improve as the car learns to slow down.

I haven't tried NoA yet but I will this weekend. I can imagine that the 5 second lane change restriction can be a bit annoying in heavy traffic but all you have to do is (hopefully) just wait for a suitable opening like you normally would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Configurator opened up!!

47840 euro for sr+ with no extras. Too pricey for me

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

goob20s wrote: »

Very different from the configuration in other countries in the way you configure a Performance model.

No white interior available, no 19” wheels option, no PCP, same as UK currently.

AidenL wrote: »
    Very different from the configuration in other countries in the way you configure a Performance model.

No white interior available, no 19” wheels option, no PCP, same as UK currently.

It seems you can order the stealth performance, i.e. the performance “engine” but without the red brake callipers and 20 inch wheels.

Only black interior hopefully means they will just run off a load of cars in various colours and fill the orders quickly.

July is estimated delivery date.

AidenL wrote: »

You can get 19 inch wheels. Need to tick the performance upgrade option.

EDIT: Sorry, I’m mixing up 19 and 20 inch wheels. You’re right it seems it’s aero or Performance upgrade package for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

When you go to the next page, on estimated savings it lists the 5k SEAI grant. That puts it at 42840 of in reading it right (still pricey but competitive for the range)

When you go to the next page, on estimated savings it lists the 5k SEAI grant. That puts it at 42840 of in reading it right (still pricey but competitive for the range)

The €47,840 includes the SEAI grant.

I hope you're right. I thought the 48000 price was with seai off already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That is going to price it out of a lot of people’s range. An awful lot of car options for 48k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Also I believe it brings it outside the 0% BIK threshold for company cars

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I hope you're right. I thought the 48000 price was with desi off already

Yeah, the pricing is confusing alright...

Yeah, the pricing is confusing alright...

The €48k includes the SEAI grant. See attached. €48k is the price you pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

They should remove that gasoline savings. Very misleading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

Have stuck in a cancellation request. Will see now how long it takes now to get money back. As predicted having a reservation meant nothing in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Just ordered SR+, Midnight Silver, didn't go for FSD. Estimated delivery date is July.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Just ordered SR+, Midnight Silver, didn't go for FSD. Estimated delivery date is July.

Exactly what I was gonna order but the wife won't let me!

I'd say Jan 2020 ... if I'm lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,655 ✭✭✭✭ted1

hatrack wrote: »
    The €48k includes the SEAI grant. See attached. €48k is the price you pay.

That after savings pricing is ridiculous and needs to be stopped

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You can't even select the LR model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

SachaJ wrote: »

It's more of an exemption than a threshold. You'll still pay 0% BIK on the first €50k of the Model 3, you'll just pay some BIK on anything over €50k. So it's still a very attractive tax break.

slave1 wrote: »
    You can't even select the LR model

Yeah you're right! Looks like our market has been heavily gimped. Can't choose white interior. Have to go performance pack upgrade for 20" wheels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

SachaJ wrote: »

Anybody buying through a company?
    My understanding is first 50k is BIK exempt and the balance over 50k is subject to BIK.

If my BIK calculations are correct I'll order a performance in silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Apparently EU regulation reduces it's effectiveness hugely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Munurty wrote: »
    My understanding is first 50k is BIK exempt and the balance over 50k is subject to BIK.

You can also claim back a small portion of the VAT. And you can write off the full value in the first year through the ACA programme, which is great if the company is turning a profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Munurty wrote: »

Ordered. Wondering bout how to get out of business after 3 yrs! Will cross that bridge.

Vrt total is 8k.

Still great deal though.

Obviously big batch of rhd with uk ship delivery.

Question: is 5.6 zero to 100km same as 5.3 zero to 60mph??? And the top speed and range equal?

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Yeah you're right! Looks like our market has been heavily gimped. Can't choose white interior. Have to go performance pack upgrade for 20" wheels etc.

Same for the UK, quite possible they're trying to reduce the number of different models they need to make for RHD. So LR might appear at some stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Was looking to get a dual motor not performance, would have stretched to a performance but no white interior is a hard pass for me. I bought my leaf 40 early and slightly regret it, not making that mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

well as a reservation holder since April 2016 that's pretty disappointing.

1. no white interior available in this country no matter what model you select.
    2. the LR car is not available in single or dual motor specs
    3. having a reservation made zero difference to delivery date.

I presume there is also no 'off-book' ordering from Sandyford?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

maclek wrote: »
    Was looking to get a dual motor not performance, would have stretched to a performance but no white interior is a hard pass for me. I bought my leaf 40 early and slightly regret it, not making that mistake again.

basically exactly my thinking (albeit don't regret the leaf SVE purchase, but the launch edition was not great)

it never even crossed my mind that they would NOT make an LR model available - and I have zero interest in a performance.

€48k is disappointing although it is the on the road price. Did anyone ring Tesla Sandyford to find out how much a base model (off menu) is on the road? About €45-€46k? Without AP (which used to be an option) that would compare to about €43-€44k? If so that would be pretty much in line with what most of us predicted in this thread all that time ago. Delivery this summer is better than most of us predicted
    smokybacon wrote: »
    Question: is 5.6 zero to 100km same as 5.3 zero to 60mph??? And the top speed and range equal?

Yeah 60mph = 96km/h so 5.6 to 100km/h is about right. I'm sure they have made no changes to the car so top speed and range are all the same world wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Dagryl

So how much BIK would I have to pay on base Model 3? 8,900?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

catharsis wrote: »
    basically exactly my thinking (albeit don't regret the leaf SVE purchase, but the launch edition was not great)

it never even crossed my mind that they would NOT make an LR model available - and I have zero interest in a performance.

Yeah I have a launch edition, crappy sound system, no heated seats. First world problems. :)

I also requested a reservation refund, once (if?) the white interior becomes available I can put the whole lot through the company.

maclek wrote: »

They basically made the LR AND P cars the same car. You have the option to turn LR AWD into a P car for 4400+ taxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

It should be pretty easy to gauge immediate takeup in Ireland by looking at the invoice number - 4075A00000000XX

My XX is under 30 so not many people buying, <squints>, €50k cars in the past 4 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

When I go to place my order, there's no mention of the €1000 reservation deposit I've already paid. I'm logged in. Any idea what's up before I call Sandyford?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement