Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I’d like a tow, but for the amount we’d use it, I can’t justify €1100.

Just got an email from Tesla saying reservation holders will get prioritised delivery, so we’ll see if that makes a difference or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

Order tool just opened for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Purchase Price € 55,399
    Price after Est. Savings € 46,499

is the 46,499 after incentives or is 55,399 the final price?

Summary

Model 3 Standard Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
    Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    18’’ Aero Wheels
    All Black Partial Premium Interior
    Autopilot
    Full Self-Driving Capability

Are there any referral codes out there that give more free super charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

I’d like a tow, but for the amount we’d use it, I can’t justify €1100.

Just got an email from Tesla saying reservation holders will get prioritised delivery, so we’ll see if that makes a difference or not.

Yep. Bit disorganized getting system up and running in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Does it really matter when you're after spending 50 grand on a car? :p

1500km free supercharging gives you 225kWh (at 15kWh/100km efficiency) leccy for free

This would have cost you €18 in electricity at home (granted a few times that if you are actually paying at the supercharger)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Lots, all the Tesla youtubers have codes.
    Bjorn one is -> bjrn3169
    Google Tesla Bjorn Referral Code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

jusmeig wrote: »
    Lots, all the Tesla youtubers have codes.
    Bjorn one is -> bjrn3169
    Google Tesla Bjorn Referral Code

Give it to a boardsie I'd say. Bjorn has earned enough at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dagryl

Can someone tell me with certainty what is the cheapest Model 3 Original Market Value (OMV)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

copeyhagen wrote: »
    Purchase Price € 55,399
    Price after Est. Savings € 46,499

is the 46,499 after incentives or is 55,399 the final price?

Summary

Model 3 Standard Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
    Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    18’’ Aero Wheels
    All Black Partial Premium Interior
    Autopilot
    Full Self-Driving Capability

No - the 46 k is Tesla estimating the savings you will make driving an EV and deducting those savings from the purchase price.

The 55,369 is your after grant price im afraid :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dagryl wrote: »
    Can someone tell me with certainty what is the cheapest Model 3 Original Market Value (OMV)?

go onto Tesla Ireland website.
    Select no options.
    that's the cheapest price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭McGiver

copeyhagen wrote:
    Purchase Price € 55,399 Price after Est. Savings € 46,499

The calculations there are dodgy. Is the "Purchase Price" including VRT and Vat or excluding? This is the main question. The calculations then are easy.

McGiver wrote: »
    The calculations there are dodgy. Is the "Purchase Price" including VRT and Vat or excluding? This is the main question. The calculations then are easy.

Purchase price is literally the amount of cash you have to hand over, so after VRT, VAT, Grants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dagryl

kceire wrote: »
    go onto Tesla Ireland website.
    Select no options.
    that's the cheapest price.

Are you sure that this is the price that you can use to calculate BIK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 kfdb

Anyone got insurance quotes for a Model 3 yet? Presume we are in for a kicking per usual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

McGiver wrote: »

The “Estimate Payment” button towards the bottom-left of the ordering page, or the details that appear on the last page show the amount you pay and it also shows the breakdown of VAT, VRT (discounted), delivery charge, and the SEAI grant. That is the large figure that you see, and it is labelled “Before savings”. This is what you pay, possibly less 1k if you paid for the reservation earlier.

The “gasoline savings” and the smaller “After savings” amount next to it should be ignored—and, indeed, removed from their site as it has nothing to do with the cost of car ownership, especially to people who never had one, or who already have EVs. But that is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

No it is definitely NOT the price you use to calculate BIK, which is 10K higher.

NOTE this is ALSO not the actual price if buying through a company as the grant is reduced by 1200 meaning the company actually would pay 1200 more in cash to purchase the car.

Also just to state the obvious, but anyone buying a car for their own use through a company should certainly consider NOT purchasing FSD during the initial purchase as the BIK is based upon the ticket/invoice price and if you purchase FSD later it might not affect the BIK calculation?

Its a brand new model only released in Ireland today, so id guess that the value Tesla put on it is the open Market Value (minus all the grants etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

What range difference would be between LR AWD vs LR Performance let's say in summer? Bjorn did the test and it looks like performance will do upto 100km less then LR.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Its a brand new model only released in Ireland today, so id guess that the value Tesla put on it is the open Market Value (minus all the grants etc).

grants etc ARE included in the value used to calculate BIK (or more precisely they are not counted, and the higher pre-grant price applies)

• Advertisement

catharsis wrote: »
    grants etc ARE included in the value used to calculate BIK (or more precisely they are not counted, and the higher pre-grant price applies)

That's what i'm trying to get across, badly it seems :o
    The price on the site is minus the grants etc, but BIK will have them included.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What range difference would be between LR AWD vs LR Performance let's say in summer? Bjorn did the test and it looks like performance will do upto 100km less then LR.

AWD WLTP 560kms
    AWD Performance WLTP 530kms

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd be more interested in the price of the Long Range RWD model as that should be cheaper than the Dual Motor by ~€3.5-4.5k (in store order)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Just received an email from Tesla titled “Model 3: Now Available to Order” (despite having already placed the order this morning) which states “All Model 3 orders placed before 10th of June will save €1,100 on Full Self‑Driving Capability.” Looking at the site, FSD is pricing at €5400 without any mention of a discount, or that it would be increasing 1100 on 10th June. Has anyone clarified this with Tesla yet?

My plan was to add it on at a later stage in order not to increase VRT by €880 at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cars too expensive IMHO, 40k, i probably would have bit the bullet. 55k, or 50k without self drive.... too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

i know the thread v1 went in loops and loops about this ad nauseum, but let’s face it, we always knew these would be the price ranges. All we had was hope.

The Performance, in an optioned colour, plus AP, is €74k. That’s about what most of us figured. if you're looking at an s4, 440i or whatever else, then this is decent value.
    Even more so, Tesla pitch it against the m3 in the US. In Ireland you’d be saving yourself €40k.

Edit: just checked the bmw configurator - a 440i gran coupe starts at €70k and a decent spec is €74k. I drive a cheaper gran coupe and love it, but I know where my money would be if I was in that market!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

cars too expensive IMHO, 40k, i probably would have bit the bullet. 55k, or 50k without self drive.... too much

Honestly surprised you expected €40k, the cheapest BMW 3 series is €45k, far inferior model to the Tesla and as they are realistically competitors in class you would be selecting a much higher spec BMW to get what I'd consider an equivalent car. So I think it's actually a competitive price.

I wanted to get the long range awd but not the performance. How does the rwd perform in the frosty weather?

I wanted to get the long range awd but not the performance. How does the rwd perform in the frosty weather?

Surprisingly well by most accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

You can always get FSD later if/when it's available/approved. In the meantime, you still have Autopilot, which is great and sufficient (for me at least).

What other cars can you buy that let you upgrade to full self driving at some point in the future should you choose to do so?

Surprisingly well by most accounts.

Really?

Guys,

How long will our reservations remain valid? What I'm wondering is that if I wait until december to order the car for 2020 reg will I be able to hang on till then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Anybody call into sandy ford to ask about the Sr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

No real shock so far, The Model 3 is massively overpriced. Even for a company car it is over the threshold. Anyone using Leaseplan and large companies like that will only get the 5k off it. The SEAI grant is not available. So that means you are starting with a 54k? car as a baseline.

Stupid money if you compare to a diesel BMW which you can get the VAT back off.

Can't see it making much a dent in the market at all or getting many people to swap. No chance of its arrival pushing the price down of other vendors either

After all the talk for years about this car that was going to change the market, I don't know how anyone can see but this a huge letdown....

Really?

As with any car in any conditions, drive within your limits.
    I drive rear wheel drive cars through all the previous snow storms, 535d, 530d, M3 etc without any drama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

As with any car in any conditions, drive within your limits.
    I drive rear wheel drive cars through all the previous snow storms, 535d, 530d, M3 etc without any drama.

Bring them things out the country and see what they do!!

300kg sandbags in the boot and winter tyres and your RHD BMW is fine in the snow

How do you think they cope in other countries with far more wintry conditions than Ireland? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

I know some are disappointed with that price but I'm just glad to see them coming, definitely interested in second hand in a few years time. If comparing it to a 3 series you have to say it's not bad value if you consider the fuel savings when doing any sort of decent mileage. Added advantage of being something different and not another bloody 3 series or A4! What do ye reckon the legal situation will be in Ireland over the next few years regarding autonomous driving? I don't think its going to fly with the RSA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

unkel wrote: »
    300kg sandbags in the boot and winter tyres and your RHD BMW is fine in the snow

How do you think they cope in other countries with far more wintry conditions than Ireland? ;)

Winter tires?

The country......Dublin’s the only test standard :D

On a serious note, if you live in a part of the world/country that conditions dictate a run of the mill car cannot function correctly, then I don’t think a Tesla M3 or any other car in the category should be the choice of the owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

I do not get pricing system, on SR+ it is €2960 which means that excluding EV discount it would be €7960 which translates into €56.857 OMSP for that car. That would suggest VAT of €10632 which suggests that before VAT and VRT Tesla brings cars at €38.265 which after excluding 10% import duty would be €34.786 or $38.863 which would make it cheaper than American?

Then Performance(with upgrade) would be then €10581 of VRT, €75.578 of OMSP, €14082 of VAT so €50915 with duty or €46286 before which would make $51.697 again a bit less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    No real shock so far, The Model 3 is massively overpriced. Even for a company car it is over the threshold. Anyone using Leaseplan and large companies like that will only get the 5k off it. The SEAI grant is not available. So that means you are starting with a 54k? car as a baseline.

Can't see it making much a dent in the market at all or getting many people to swap. No chance of its arrival pushing the price down of other vendors either

After all the talk for years about this car that was going to change the market, I don't know how anyone can see but this a huge letdown....

Don't normally agree

But spot on here Shefwedfan

Massive let down and I mean massive

Tesla Model 3 was supposed to be revolutionary

Supposed to be a smack down on autogiants

The new age of electric vehicles

The start of the revolution

A 300bhp/300km/30 min charging motorway machine for €35,000

Few years late and now costs €50,000 with steel wheels

I'm done with Tesla and Musk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

I think people were expecting it to be Passat money - which it was never ever ever going to be. It’s 5 series money, with the SR and performance models pretty much matching the price of the 520d SE and 530d msport.

34 new Tesla’s registered in the first 4 months this year. The model 3 might add hundred+ to that figure over the next 12 months, but that’s not going to cause any revolution, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Shefwedfan wrote: »

How does that work ? VAT back off what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    How does that work ? VAT back off what ?

Off the diesel.

Hold on a second lads.

I too am disappointed with the €48k price on the road for the cheapest one in the configurator. I expected it to be less. But we don't yet know how much the short range (only available off-menu) is. Probably about €45.5k. And then there's the fact that Autopilot is now included as standard. So level 2 autonomous driving. I don't think that's standard on the new BMW 3-series though, is it? How much is that as an optional extra? How much would you be willing to pay for it? I have it in my car, it came as standard and at the time I would not have paid much extra for it. But I would not want to go without it now either. Take another €2k off the price and you're looking at €43.5k for a basic version. That compares with a BMW 318d manual (:rolleyes:) base SE version that lists at €44k

So basically it's cheaper than the cheapest manual 3 series. And then you'll save thousands a year on fuel alone. And depreciation is going to be less. And you will save on all other costs too. And as a company car you will save a fortune on BIK

All that taken into account it is not such a bad proposition, is it? If you ask me though, all versions above the SR+ are poor value for money (=high margin for Tesla) and all options are way overpriced (=high margin for Tesla)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

unkel wrote: »
    So basically it's cheaper than the cheapest manual 3 series. And then you'll save thousands a year on fuel alone. And depreciation is going to be less. And you will save on all other costs too. And as a company car you will save a fortune on BIK

giphy.gif

:D

Tesla is not taking my money at this point though, Kramer :)

Saloon form factor does not suit us because of dog. Waiting for hatch back. Model Y maybe, have deposit on VW ID. But could very well go for a used Tesla Model S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Mike9832 wrote: »

I'm done with Tesla and Musk

Elon still loves you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Winter tires?

RWD?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement