Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Question for those who have ordered and had held a 1k deposit - why isn't the price adjusting to factor in the 1k deposit? Does this come off when you are due to pay the balance closer to delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭bf

First world problems, but the lack of alloys wheel options really bugs me! Not a fan of the standard ones. Am looking at a Model 3 for Jan delivery as a company car, hopefully they have just limited options for first RHD deliveries to get volume in

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

goob20s wrote: »
    47840 euro for sr+ with no extras. Too pricey for me

It ays €48,900 for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

When I go to place my order, there's no mention of the €1000 reservation deposit I've already paid. I'm logged in. Any idea what's up before I call Sandyford?

If you check the Invoice Pdf,
    there should be a Total amount paid at the bottom,
    This includes the Reservation deposit for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

catharsis wrote: »
    well as a reservation holder since April 2016 that's pretty disappointing.

1. no white interior available in this country no matter what model you select.
    2. the LR car is not available in single or dual motor specs
    3. having a reservation made zero difference to delivery date.

I presume there is also no 'off-book' ordering from Sandyford?

I suggest contacting Sandyford regarding white interior. I'm sure they will make them later. It's the same for the UK at the moment.

backlashs wrote: »
    If you check the Invoice Pdf,
    there should be a Total amount paid at the bottom,
    This includes the Reservation deposit for me

Great, thank you.

Don't forget to use a referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km. PM me if you need one or ask for one in one of the Facebook groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Torn between Model S Standard and Model 3 Performance. Won't make the order until the end of the year, so hopefully the budget has some more goodies for EV drivers. Perhaps we'll have more clarity on the supposed Model S interior refresh by then too.

Ridiculously Excited :)

IMG-1313.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

When I go to place my order, there's no mention of the €1000 reservation deposit I've already paid. I'm logged in. Any idea what's up before I call Sandyford?

Same here. Looks like 2 orders! They need to fix it. Haven’t the time to ring them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

€ 70,399 for the Model 3 with range over 500km + enhanced pilot in red. That's far too expensive. Cancelled my pre-order this morning. Range is the most important thing for me so I'm going to save over €20k by going for an e-Niro. I'll probably come back to Tesla for the Model Y because a saloon car doesn't really suit me either. 

Hope everyone who is pulling the trigger on the cars this week is super happy with the purchase! Still going to be super jealous of seeing them drive around!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dagryl

Did they get rid of Long Range for UK and made Performance a lot cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    It should be pretty easy to gauge immediate takeup in Ireland by looking at the invoice number - 4075A00000000XX

My XX is under 30 so not many people buying, <squints>, €50k cars in the past 4 hours...

Just ordered mine.

XX number is still under 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

Dagryl wrote: »
    Did they get rid of Long Range for UK and made Performance a lot cheaper?

They basically made the LR AND P cars the same car. You have the option to turn LR AWD into a P car for 4400+ taxes

Munurty wrote: »
    Just ordered mine.

XX number is still under 40.

Mine under 20. Didn’t matter about deposit holder.

Interested in tinting back side windows. Any ideas?

Removing aero covers except on long journeys.

smokybacon wrote: »
    Mine under 20. Didn’t matter about deposit holder.

Interested in tinting back side windows. Any ideas?

Removing aero covers except on long journeys.

Be careful about tinting, there are horror stories online about the tinting process ****ing up the electrics - although this seems mostly related to tinting the windscreen. Make sure you use somebody who has experience of Teslas or will do the research first.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

For anyone placing orders don't forget to join the Tesla Ireland facebook group, a great source of information. Oh and welcome to the party guys :D
    Early requirements would be:
    • Home charger install
    • eCars registration for access to public network
    • Registering for the tolls discount

PS don't forget to use a referral code when ordering, I think these can also be added retrospectively. Anyone on the Facebook group will be able to provide you one, myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

One thing the reservation did get me was a wall connector last year, so there's that. Been using the tesla wall connector on a leaf and a merc, guess I'll be waiting longer to finally make use of that button!

maclek wrote: »
    One thing the reservation did get me was a wall connector last year, so there's that. Been using the tesla wall connector on a leaf and a merc, guess I'll be waiting longer to finally make use of that button!

Used it to get wall charger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Used it to get wall charger?

Yeah, they don't sell them generally but the reservation allowed me to purchase it without having ordered or purchased a tesla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The reservation was enough to get you the €600 subsidy???

Tell me who on earth [in ireland] was up a 6am this morning???

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

I would be one of them :p

Heard about 0 to 60 of 11 seconds. Assume having this turned on achieved to claimed distance? Also straight line motorway 40mph, no wind, no rain, no heat, no radio, no breathing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You’d need to be one of Leo’s early risers to be able to afford the model 3 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Placed our order this (early) morning, invoice number was still quite low, lower than those mentioned by others.

Long-range AWD Performance seems to be identically priced to what used to be Long-range AWD if I look at the still-old pricing showing in another market that has it (Finland) and after accounting for tax and grant differences. Reservation cost was applied to the invoice at the end of the process, showing a total of 3k paid.

However, the confirmation email PDF while clearly listing it as “Performance” still shows 18” wheels and makes no mention of the other Performance model extras, like the fancier (red) brakes, spoiler, pedals etc. Those were clearly shown on the pages during the order process—I took screenshots. Does anyone know what this discrepancy may mean? I wonder if the web site ordering is a bit broken or is the confirmation email incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

It'll be interesting to see what the financing options are for it as it says you can apply for financing with a preferred partner after placing an order. Has anyone who ordered one any info on this?

Rafal wrote: »
    Placed our order this (early) morning, invoice number was still quite low, lower than those mentioned by others.

Long-range AWD Performance seems to be identically priced to what used to be Long-range AWD if I look at the still-old pricing showing in another market that has it (Finland) and after accounting for tax and grant differences. Reservation cost was applied to the invoice at the end of the process, showing a total of 3k paid.

However, the confirmation email PDF while clearly listing it as “Performance” still shows 18” wheels and makes no mention of the other Performance model extras, like the fancier (red) brakes, spoiler, pedals etc. Those were clearly shown on the pages during the order process—I took screenshots. Does anyone know what this discrepancy may mean? I wonder if the web site ordering is a bit broken or is the confirmation email incorrect.

Sorry to others, but I'll copy/paste it again for the third time.

They basically made the LR AND P cars the same car. You have the option to turn LR AWD into a P car for 4400+ taxes, there was tick box to add performance. In my opinion very confusing, compare to other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

It's a pity there is no option for the wheels. Not a fan of the Aero's myself. Then again, I'm not in a position to order for a long while so that may be rectified in time for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Heard about 0 to 60 of 11 seconds. Assume having this turned on achieved to claimed distance? Also straight line motorway 40mph, no wind, no rain, no heat, no radio, no breathing???

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You’d need to be one of Leo’s early risers to be able to afford the model 3 :pac:

Reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson describing the quiet City of London early in the morning on a weekday (about 5AM iirc) - lots and lots of Ferraris / Porsches, etc. Very hard working individuals going to work. They don't get their money for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Sorry to others, but I'll copy/paste it again for the third time.

They basically made the LR AND P cars the same car. You have the option to turn LR AWD into a P car for 4400+ taxes, there was tick box to add performance. In my opinion very confusing, compare to other countries.

Thank you, very helpful, but I am still confused. I just had a look at the ordering page again, and indeed, there is an additional checkbox for the Performance Upgrades, which list the brakes etc, but also higher top speed. What I do not understand is what does “Long-Range AWD Performance” mean without taking those additional upgrades. Is the acceleration supposed to be improved, as per the order page even if you do not tick that box? Anything else? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Thank you, very helpful, but I am still confused. I just had a look at the ordering page again, and indeed, there is an additional checkbox for the Performance Upgrades, which list the brakes etc, but also higher top speed. What I do not understand is what does “Long-Range AWD Performance” mean without taking those additional upgrades. Is the acceleration supposed to be improved, as per the order page even if you do not tick that box? Anything else? Thanks.

If I am correct, without ticking the box you will have the performance motors, but you will not have improved sport brakes, lowered sport suspension, 20" wheels and the track mode software (and the pedals, spoiler gimmiicks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Yes, 3.4s to 100km/h and higher top speed and range.

So is it worth the extra 11.8k for premium sound (standard can't sound that bad), heated rear seats, satellite map view + live traffic, extra 115km range (530 vs 415 WLTP) and 2.2s to 100km/h (vs 3.4s vs 5.6s )

I wouldn't be using music streaming...

Are the headlights halogen?

I am still thinking about what colour to purchase or go for black and with the savings over red get it fully wrapped... never did anything similar so happy to hear any experiences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Difference in range 530km vs 415 WLTP... may mean a Galway-Dublin return is possible without charging...
    Edit: any charges planned for this route?

I suspect they made less models type with less options just to cope with orders. I'd say it will be 4,6 sec and 560km of range, unless you tick that performance box. Then it'll become 3,4 sec and 530km.

BTW Long range AWD option is gone from Uk site.

JPA wrote: »
    What?

Switch on screen for Yep 0 to 100klm in 11 seconds. So you achieve highest claimed Kim distance.

rocky wrote: »
    Difference in range 530km vs 415 WLTP... may mean a Galway-Dublin return is possible without charging...

There is supposedly a supercharger planned for Enfield, but it's been planned since 2017.

When I was in sandyford I asked bout Spotify.
    He said “ I can use my account on all 3,x,s. “
    Now I assume he was incorrect and std plus only gets streaming from phone. Not using app on screen which looks cool.
    A lot of talk bout this on Tesla Motors Club forum.

• Advertisement

Sabre Man wrote: »
    There is supposedly a supercharger planned for Enfield, but it's been planned since 2017.

Work has commenced on that charger, there were issues with planning and getting the power to the location, but sorted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Are the headlights halogen?

Get Out!... (Teslas don't do white hot wires in inert gas in glass containers - that's old school tech - it's LEDs all the way)

I suspect they made less models type with less options just to cope with orders. I'd say it will be 4,6 sec and 560km of range, unless you tick that performance box. Then it'll become 3,4 sec and 530km.

BTW Long range AWD option is gone from Uk site.

You get the dual motors and greater range (530km) with the performance model, and also the 0-100km/h of 3.4sec straight off. with Performance Model, Performance Upgrade is breaks, top speed etc but the acceleration is not part of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

No sign of the non-performance dual motor? We being played again with reduced spec/options :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jarrieta wrote: »
    I am still thinking about what colour to purchase or go for black and with the savings over red get it fully wrapped... never did anything similar so happy to hear any experiences

Red is a €2200 option.
    A good quality wrap and finish is about €1500 so not loads of savings, but you get the added benefit of protecting the cars actual paint job and you can remove it should you ever want to.

kceire wrote: »
    Red is a €2200 option.
    A good quality wrap and finish is about €1500 so not loads of savings, but you get the added benefit of protecting the cars actual paint job and you can remove it should you ever want to.

Yeah, that was my reasoning, still in doubt what to do, so will keep thinking about it, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

It ays €48,900 for me :confused:
    Yeah you're right there but when I clicked on cash price it said 47840. Not sure yet what the extra 1k is

4 fast-chargers at the new service station where the N4/N6 meets, just announced today.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/four-electric-vehicle-rapid-chargers-to-be-opened-at-m6-m4-1.3910089

Surprised to see a tow bar option.
    Any other EVs have one?

• Advertisement

Surprised to see a tow bar option.
    Any other EVs have one?

Model X and e-tron can also tow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement