Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i just got my dse910 from the vapour store,
    its the one that takes the 3.7v 900mah battert and im loving it.

much much better than the 801, a lot more vapour and the battery lasts for at least a day.

and im now roughly 7 weeks off the cigarettes :D
    without the slightest feeling of wanting one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Count1 wrote: »
    So my Tornado arrived yesterday and so far so good. Just one question though: how long should I get from a prefilled cartridge? ( I was a 20 a day smoker)

How long you get from a cartridge will vary for each person. Some sites claim it's the equivalent of 20 cigarettes which is crap tbh. You will have to find out for yourself. If you didn't order any liquid order at least a small 5/10ml bottle asap or you might find yourself stuck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hi Count1 - just wondering how you got it for £10 p&p on theelectroniccigarette.co.uk, I'm in on the site now and its costing £16.99 p&p which seems abit much?

TECC seem to have put up their delivery costs probably to make up some of the loss on the sale. I just ordered some stuff with a friend to lessen the impact of the delivery charges. Still possible to make some good savings with that 50% offer but £16.99 for delivery to Ireland is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

mewso wrote: »
    TECC seem to have put up their delivery costs probably to make up some of the loss on the sale. I just ordered some stuff with a friend to lessen the impact of the delivery charges. Still possible to make some good savings with that 50% offer but £16.99 for delivery to Ireland is crazy.

I'm trying to see if I know anyone in Northern Ireland that would post it onto me - seen as the cost of postage to the UK is only £2.99!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Mine came today (Joye 510 from thevapourstore.ie) though I must admit I smoked a couple of fags while reading the instructions :( Anyway, first impressions after having taken a few drags...well a good few drags what with the novelty of it and all...is that this thing is f*ckin' great! Very early days I know but I think this will be the perfect replacement for fags. It really makes you NOT want to smoke a real fag. Brilliant :D. A couple of questions though: Mine makes a kinda crackly sound sometimes when taking a drag and a small bit of liquid appears in the hole of the atomiser...is that normal? Also, it says the battery lasts for 2 hours give or take...does that mean you get 2 hours of drags or will it just die regardless of whether you're using it or not after 2 hours?! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

O'Prez wrote: »
    Mine came today (Joye 510 from thevapourstore.ie) though I must admit I smoked a couple of fags while reading the instructions :( Anyway, first impressions after having taken a few drags...well a good few drags what with the novelty of it and all...is that this thing is f*ckin' great! Very early days I know but I think this will be the perfect replacement for fags. It really makes you NOT want to smoke a real fag. Brilliant :D. A couple of questions though: Mine makes a kinda crackly sound sometimes when taking a drag and a small bit of liquid appears in the hole of the atomiser...is that normal? Also, it says the battery lasts for 2 hours give or take...does that mean you get 2 hours of drags or will it just die regardless of whether you're using it or not after 2 hours?! :confused:

The crackling sound is normal (remember there's an element getting really hot inside the atomiser), some leaking is also quite normal.

You'll get around 2 hours of use out of it. That's using it every few minutes. If you go long stretches between using it you may get more than 2 hours use out of it.

Hi Count1 - just wondering how you got it for £10 p&p on theelectroniccigarette.co.uk, I'm in on the site now and its costing £16.99 p&p which seems abit much?

Postage to Ireland is a bitch with TECC or Totally Wicked. It's a pity really because they stock very good stuff.

I've just limited myself to large orders from them (the postage doesn't go up much as the size of the order increases) and used other suppliers when I just need a few attys or similar.

Well I've gone ahead and bought a tornado starter kit, also got some super and high mg e-Liquids and also empty and pre filled cartridges with it - so that it didn't feel soo bad paying that price for delivery. The only problem now is I forgot one thing - can't believe I did and the order is gone through since earlier today!!!
    Are there any sites out there that you can order some e-liquid and it has free delivery or at least very cheap delivery - I just want 1 bottle of e-Liquid with 0mg in it, my other half asked me to get this and I totally forgot - they are off the smokes a few weeks with patches and wanted to try it with no nicotine for when they are out for a few drinks. I'm not paying 16.99 again for 1 bottle!

Well I've gone ahead and bought a tornado starter kit, also got some super and high mg e-Liquids and also empty and pre filled cartridges with it - so that it didn't feel soo bad paying that price for delivery. The only problem now is I forgot one thing - can't believe I did and the order is gone through since earlier today!!!
    Are there any sites out there that you can order some e-liquid and it has free delivery or at least very cheap delivery - I just want 1 bottle of e-Liquid with 0mg in it, my other half asked me to get this and I totally forgot - they are off the smokes a few weeks with patches and wanted to try it with no nicotine for when they are out for a few drinks. I'm not paying 16.99 again for 1 bottle!

I've ordered from here before: http://www.enjuice.co.uk/magento/

Got 4 10ml bottles of juice, shipping was £3.50 or thereabouts. They have a "no nic" range of juices in a large variety of flavours for your vaping enjoyment. (along with proper 32mg juices for heavy nicotine addicts like myself!) :)

Edit: Their tobacco flavours are under the "Classic" category btw.

Thanks a million for that nesf! Will give them a go, appreciate your help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive just picked up one of these

http://www.ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productPage&product=1&category=

14.99 in a bricks and mortar shop.

First impressions.

The good

The drag actually tastes like a normal cigarette.
    The throat hit is just the same.
    Feels like a proper smoke.

The bad.

The carts it comes with are probably a bit strong for my liking.It comes with 3 "high strength" carts which Im told are 18mg.Feel a bit "stoned" after a couple of pulls on it.
    Battery is supposed to last 3-5 charges so Im gonna pick up the top quality one for an extra 9.99 thats supposed to last 6-8 months.

According to the place I got it,its better to buy "blank carts" and refill yourself so Im going to give that a try.

Overall quite impressed with the hit it gives and for the price its well worth giving it a shot.

nesf...thanx for the info ;) ...I just smoked a bit of a real fag and they already taste like sh*te after one of these.
    nesf wrote: »
    The crackling sound is normal (remember there's an element getting really hot inside the atomiser), some leaking is also quite normal.

You'll get around 2 hours of use out of it. That's using it every few minutes. If you go long stretches between using it you may get more than 2 hours use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

I see there's alot more people getting on board here :). Just here to give a quick update.

Off analogues nearly 4 months now. No real chance I'm going back. Ordered some new stuff yesterday as one of my screwdriver MK1s died. The other is still blasting away fine. Anyone try the Riva 510? Got a three pack as a replacement for the dead MK1 I believe it is the same as the tornado/ego etc. Also got a pack of LR atomizers as I've been wanting to try them.

Find Liberty flights great for big orders, no affiliation with the company here but just have to say they are reasonably priced and have a huge amount of stock. I find TW pricing over the top on many item tbh. Anyway It took me ages to find a real 'all day vape' and eventually going down the route of 'mixing' with the flavourart flavours from LF did the job for me. The Ultimate Maxboro flav is great and very happy with it.

I've managed to drop from 24mg down to 16mg over past couple of months but going lower doesn't really do it for me. At the end of the day I'm quite happy to continue using the ecig indefinitely and I've seen great strides with my level of fitness in the past few months and that was the main push I needed to stay off the analogues. Best of luck everyone!

Yeah I've found Liberty Flights very reasonable as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres a quick question.

The starter pack I got came with 3 carts supposedly the same as 20 cigs each.Im still on the first cartridge and definately still getting a hit from it but

1.How do you know when a cart is finished?
    2.Can I refill the old cartridge?
    3.If no to number 2-anyone got a recommendation for a flavour to try out.Been smoking silk cut purple for years so something with a similar taste would be nice.

Now I can really see myself getting off real smokes with these things and thats based on a 14.99 starter pack--that one I linked to is the Joye 510 apparently although with a lower battery.

So assuming I decide to stay off the analogs what is the best e-cig out there with a long lasting battery and suitable for all day use?
    Also can anyone recommend a better battery compatible with the 510

Cheers

Richie.

Forget the 20 cigs claim. It's completely bogus and I hate companies saying it. It will be different for everyone.
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    Heres a quick question.

The starter pack I got came with 3 carts supposedly the same as 20 cigs each.Im still on the first cartridge and definately still getting a hit from it but

1.How do you know when a cart is finished?
    2.Can I refill the old cartridge?
    3.If no to number 2-anyone got a recommendation for a flavour to try out.Been smoking silk cut purple for years so something with a similar taste would be nice.

1. The hit will lessen and the taste will have a very dry burnt flavour. You will know.

2. Yes you can remove the filler (I recommend drying it in some tissue in case you are refilling with a different flavour), put some drops in, replace the filler and drop 1 or 2 more drops on top. In practice though I normally just top off (leave filler in and put 2 or 3 drops in the top). Don't over fill it.

3. I don't think you'll ever find anything exactly like any flavour of real cigarette. OK Smokey is popular with a lot of folks for their Drum and Old Holburn. Most vendors do the chinese stuff and some of it I do like. I think you should simply find a vendor that does some 5ml samples. Look at libery flights mentioned above. They have loads of 5ml liquids at good prices for example.

So assuming I decide to stay off the analogs what is the best e-cig out there with a long lasting battery and suitable for all day use?
    Also can anyone recommend a better battery compatible with the 510

I think the Ego/Tornado/Riva (the Riva is a copy but by all accounts just as good) is the best option for anyone at the moment. It really is the best all-in-one package for anyone starting out imho. Later on if you want to try other mods there is a huge selection so it's really up to you after that.

The Ego/Tornado/Riva is definitely the best 510 option out there. The battery life of the regular 510 kits is abysmal. The Riva is cheapest, I'd prefer the looks of the Ego/Tornado though but others may disagree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

I got 10 bottles of 3ml size juice bottles from striclyejuice.com and it was €16 inc shipping so that wasn't bad. I didn't like 5 of them so if anyone here wants some i'll be happy to post it to you. There's a few drops taken from each but they are pretty full if anyone wants to have a small taste.

1 x Chocolate Mint
    Bottle Size 3 ml
    Nicotine Strength 18 mg (Medium)

1 x Minty Chocolate Chip
    Bottle Size 3 ml

1 x Pineapple
    Bottle Size 3 ml

1 x Pina Colada
    Bottle Size 3 ml
    Nicotine Strength 12 mg (Low)

1 x Peach
    Bottle Size 3 ml

Edit: As a tip for anyone, if you have an empty glasses case its great for bringing all the bits and bobs around with you. I can fit 2 put together cigs, a 20ml bottle, an extra battery, some tissue for wiping after topping up and 2 3ml bottles into one case. Its great instead of trying to find everything in my handbag or setting off the automatic battery in my pocket. Planning to get the PCC soon but I find this really handy in the meantime

Edit: The bottles are gone but i'm sure i'll be getting more over the next few weeks!!

Bit of an update from me. Haven't smoked a fag now for 2 days. However, I did get some withdrawal symptoms. More emotional that physical though. I was vicious one minute...teary eyed the next! Not too bad now today though.

Anyway, I find the battery life on the 510 to be absolutely desperate. Also, it's only ok for a the first few drags then the throat hit diminishes noticeably. Would dripping be a better option for the throat hot as opposed to the carts which I'm fast losing faith in. Also, I was having a look on the Totally Wicked site and would these work with my 510? http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tornado-accessories/tornado-e-nic-mega-1000mah-manual-2-2-product.html I've also been eyeing this up: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/featured-products/wicked-tornado-e-ni-or-electronic-2-product.html So what do you think lads? Basically I want a lot more battery life and more consistent throat hits than what I've been getting from the 510 with carts. Oh I'll be oredering some Old Holborn juice from Ok Smokey :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I ended up ordering the tornado before I read the responses here that said my 510 might just need some tinkering around with.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the tornado so far. Good throat hit from it, and the cone over the atomiser and cartridge shields you from the heat a bit. I find that it's best when used periodically over a 15 minute period, rather than continuously over 5 minutes like a real cigarette.

The battery life seems pretty good (two days of low-ish usage and it's still going). The cartridges are not lasting long at all though - I think I'm on number 4 after two days, and as I said, that's with low to moderate use.

I ordered some Marlboro and B&H tester flavours from the store (www.smoke-electronic-cigarettes.co.uk), so I'll see how I get on. Can I refill the used cartridges that came with it?

• Advertisement

eoin wrote: »
    Can I refill the used cartridges that came with it?

Yes, you should be able to refill them 10 or so times before they start tasting a bit off.

Also, I was having a look on the Totally Wicked site and would these work with my 510? http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tornado-accessories/tornado-e-nic-mega-1000mah-manual-2-2-product.html I've also been eyeing this up: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/featured-products/wicked-tornado-e-ni-or-electronic-2-product.html So what do you think lads? Basically I want a lot more battery life and more consistent throat hits than what I've been getting from the 510 with carts. Oh I'll be oredering some Old Holborn juice from Ok Smokey :D

Yes the Tornado battery will work with any 510 attomiser. The full Tornado kit will come with the usual 510 attomisers. Either way buy them from TECC as they have a 50% sale - http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/products/starter-kits/tecc-tornado-e-ni-or-electronic-2-product.html

Yes the Tornado battery will work with any 510 attomiser. The full Tornado kit will come with the usual 510 attomisers. Either way buy them from TECC as they have a 50% sale - http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/products/starter-kits/tecc-tornado-e-ni-or-electronic-2-product.html

Oooh, time to pick up some spare Tornado batteries methinks..

Edit: Rar, 4 batteries, 3 x 30ml 52mg mixing fluid, 3 x various mixing fluids.. Should keep me going for a very long while.

nesf wrote: »
    Oooh, time to pick up some spare Tornado batteries methinks..

Don't forget £16.99 delivery charge. Make sure you are ordering a few things.

Don't forget £16.99 delivery charge. Make sure you are ordering a few things.

£75 of stuff before delivery added on. Works for me. :)

Time for a stupid question ;)

Is the 510 a particular model of atomiser??And if so how come there are so many different "makes" of the same item?Are they all rebrands or something?
    So Im assuming that any 510 battery will work with any 510 variant?
    And that battery that oprez linked to will work with the variant I have???

Hope that doesnt sound too stupid^^^

Is the 510 a particular model of atomiser??And if so how come there are so many different "makes" of the same item?Are they all rebrands or something?

There can be differences between different 510s (in resistance for example) but the battery connection is the same for all 510s and should fit any battery that is intended for a 510 atomiser. Most atomisers are manufactured in China. Vendors around the world buy them and some simply sell them a Joye 510 (original manufacturer) while others like Totally Wicked presumably pay more to brand it themselves.

You are completely correct. What 510 refers to precisely is the type of screw thread on the atomiser and battery. 510 on a product means it is compatible with this *or* in the case of drip tips and cartridges that they fit a standard 510 atomiser.

510 compatible gear is made by a variety of manufacturers and comes under various brands.

Brilliant. Thanx mewso. And better still that sale is going on until next month. I must have a big gander around that site. :D

• Advertisement

Brilliant. Thanx mewso. And better still that sale is going on until next month. I must have a big gander around that site. :D

Stocks won't last though. Expect to see things sold out long before the sale ends.

Advertisement