Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

LeahBaby wrote: »
    Do i have to clean out primer or something when i get it?

It's not the end of the world if you don't but it certainly helps improve the immediate taste. Just put some tissue around the end the cartridge plugs into then cover the battery end with your mouth (ensuring all holes are covered) and give a good blow. Should be a small amount of liquid in the tissue but wipe just inside the atty to be sure. The amount of primer varies so if little or nothing comes out don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

What are people's experiences with Ok Smokey in speed of delivery (or lack of)? Ordered some stuff last Friday and no sign of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Count1

So far I have ordered stuff from TECC ( UK based) , Smokewithoutfire ( irish) and Heaven Gifts ( China) TECC have been extremely fast with their turnarounds and great to deal with. Smoke without Fire was a little slow but very good too. I have some ejuice coming from them and I was hoping it would arrive today but I suspect the delay is more with AnPost to be fair. Heaven Gifts are sending me some ejuice and it seems to be on the way.

Havent tried OkSmokey yet.

Day 8 and no analogues so far! Went out last night with my brother who is a smoker and didnt have the slightest pang. Just vaped away outside whilst drinking a few pints so I feel I passed a real acid test! Got him a Tornado from TECC also and it arrived today so he is going to give it try.

Count1 wrote: »
    Day 8 and no analogues so far! Went out last night with my brother who is a smoker and didnt have the slightest pang. Just vaped away outside whilst drinking a few pints so I feel I passed a real acid test! Got him a Tornado from TECC also and it arrived today so he is going to give it try.

Good man. I'm 7 days off em today. I made the transition straight away and haven't looked back. Tomorrow night is me first pub outing but I'm confident the few jars won't ruin my resolve. I'll be all charged up and ready to go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

O'Prez wrote: »
    What are people's experiences with Ok Smokey in speed of delivery (or lack of)? Ordered some stuff last Friday and no sign of it.

Stuff usually takes 4/5 days for me.

• Advertisement

Stuff usually takes 4/5 days for me.

Sound. Maybe the bank holiday knocked it back a day or two. What do you think of their liquid?

Sound. Maybe the bank holiday knocked it back a day or two. What do you think of their liquid?

Very nice liquids.I've tried Drum,Old Holborn and Golden Virginia as recommended by others on this thread. Currently on a major mint buzz right now.:D

Very nice liquids.I've tried Drum,Old Holborn and Golden Virginia as recommended by others on this thread. Currently on a major mint buzz right now.:D

Does the Old Holborn actually taste like Old Holborn...or tobacco-y?? Have you ever tried vanilla? And...have you ever mixed liquids? If you have...how do you go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

And...have you ever mixed liquids? If you have...how do you go about it?

Do you mean DIY liquids where you mix flavourless e-liquid and flavourings and VG/PG together?

nesf wrote: »
    Do you mean DIY liquids where you mix flavourless e-liquid and flavourings and VG/PG together?

No. I mean if I bought two actual different flavoured bottles of liquid...like earlier today I direct dripped 2 drops of RY4 and a drop of a pineapple flavoured liquid onto the atty...I don't think they mixed properly. So I suppose I'd need an empty dripping bottle but what then? Is it best to mix it by drops or by pouring the entire contents of each bottle into the empty bottle?

• Advertisement

Does the Old Holborn actually taste like Old Holborn...or tobacco-y?? Have you ever tried vanilla? And...have you ever mixed liquids? If you have...how do you go about it?

The Old Holborn does taste like the real thing.Its probably one of the better liquids I've tried that tasted like it should. I had the double flavour variety.
    Still have to find anything that tastes like B&H even from OKS.

I haven't gone down the mixing road at all so can't offer any advice on that front. Haven't tried vanilla yet.

The Old Holborn does taste like the real thing.Its probably one of the better liquids I've tried that tasted like it should. I had the double flavour variety.
    Still have to find anything that tastes like B&H even from OKS.

I haven't gone down the mixing road at all so can't offer any advice on that front. Haven't tried vanilla yet.

Thanx for the info :D Now I'm rightly looking forward to me Old Holborn getting here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Can e-cigs be bought in any shops in Dublin? I've been looking on this forum for all the different brands of e-cigs but can't make my mind up. Which are the best ones to go with?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

itchyblood wrote: »
    Can e-cigs be bought in any shops in Dublin? I've been looking on this forum for all the different brands of e-cigs but can't make my mind up. Which are the best ones to go with?

I got mine here

http://ecirettesolutions.com/stores.php

http://www.aardvarkmap.net/maps/2AVRC922

In the shop near Parnell street.Im told the one on Talbot street is better stocked though but mine was only 14.99 for a starter pack.Might be worth trying at a price like that.

Im down to 2/3 real cigs a day with the e-cig.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I got mine here

http://ecirettesolutions.com/stores.php

http://www.aardvarkmap.net/maps/2AVRC922

In the shop near Parnell street.Im told the one on Talbot street is better stocked though but mine was only 14.99 for a starter pack.Might be worth trying at a price like that.

Im down to 2/3 real cigs a day with the e-cig.

Thanks man. What's the shop called, do you know? How do you find the e-cig you have? I've seen millions of different Irish sites, all claiming to be better than the last. I don't want to get one that'll break, but at the same time I don't want to spend loads of money.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

itchyblood wrote: »
    Thanks man. What's the shop called, do you know? How do you find the e-cig you have?

Its called the Paprika Store.Its a small little Hungarian shop about 50 metres from the cinema on Parnell street.

As for the cig--Its great.Its probably not going to last as long as one that you`d pay 40-50 euros for but if you read back on my posts the only real problem I see is the battery which Im going to change next week anyway.

And for 14.99 you can go wrong.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its called the Paprika Store.Its a small little Hungarian shop about 50 metres from the cinema on Parnell street.

As for the cig--Its great.Its probably not going to last as long as one that you`d pay 40-50 euros for but if you read back on my posts the only real problem I see is the battery which Im going to change next week anyway.

And for 14.99 you can go wrong.

Cool, thanks. I'll have a look during the week.

Got my Old Holborn (50ml) from Ok Smokey today. Not a fan at all. The liquid itself is fine I suppose...I think I just don't like anything tobacco flavoured anymore. If anyone wants to buy/trade gimme a PM on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

First up, many thanks to the OP (and many others) for their ridiculously detailed tips 'n tricks on this issue.

I gave up a week ago. But I am a serial 'giver-upper' and and even worse 're-starter':D. Whenever I am on holidays enjoying a few gallons of red wine on a lovely italian veranda, i succumb to the temptation to have just one packet which ends in tears. So I figure this little thing might be just the ticket to use when those tough times kick in.

Anyway, i ordered a tornado from TECC today. Does anyone know how long they usually take to deliver? The website says 7-10 days but that seems like an awfully long time.

drkpower wrote: »
    Anyway, i ordered a tornado from TECC today. Does anyone know how long they usually take to deliver? The website says 7-10 days but that seems like an awfully long time.

Normally if I order before Monday (i.e. over the weekend) I'll get it on Thursday. So far anyway that seems to be the standard for Signed International Post from the UK to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Count1

Yeah, TECC seem very quick with their deliveries. I have taken two off them so far and they both arrived within 3-4 days.

By the way guys I'm finding the e-juice from ENjuice to be of superb quality and really good value (the Value Vape range). Good throat hit and excellent vapour production. £12.95 for 30ml combined with their range of flavours is definitely not to be sniffed at.

http://www.enjuice.co.uk/magento/ (5% discount code: ECR69 (not my code, I earn nothing from it))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

TECC: Ordered 11am Monday; delivered (to Dublin) 9am Thursday.

Thats pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I just got an email from TECC saying that they are winding up the business!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheBestShop.eu

And for 14.99 you can go wrong
    In this price you can get only disposable e-cigarette or some cheap scrap.
    Get regular starter kit like DSE 901 (35euro), Joye 510 or Joye eGo (best for heavy smokers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheBestShop.eu

Turkish Blend flavour liquid
    That's really good flavour. My customers likes also Dunhill, Camel, Winston, Chesterfield, Lucky Strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

Adelcrowsmel. I got the same email. The electronic cigarette company are closing after the sale. Here is an article on it
    http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/

I thought this was worrying. Its an article that basically says that the decision has already been made to ban e cigs in the uk. How long before Ireland does the same?

Its the ninth article down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

herosa wrote: »
    I thought this was worrying. Its an article that basically says that the decision has already been made to ban e cigs in the uk. How long before Ireland does the same?

Its the eighth article down.

Well if it is the case that they are banned in the UK - we might be grateful this time that Ireland usually takes years to catch up with the rest of the world - here's hoping!!!!

• Advertisement

The uk ban isnt official yet. The decision will be announced in the autumn but it isnt looking good.If its anything good or interesting then yes Ireland always lags behind in implementing it but when it comes to losing taxes I think they will be pretty quick to follow the lead of the uk! I would say customs will be pulling in those packages in no time. Time to stockpile maybe?

Advertisement