Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

physioman wrote: »
    Went into vodafone shop. Ported over to payg SIM from TM in 3 minutes. Set up Facebook and email account. Went to register for vodafone x. Told to download voucher and go into the shop. Tried again and same thing happened. That was 2 days ago. Went on vodafone chat this morning to see if they could sort it. Said I had to do it via Facebook or go into store. When I went to try Facebook route again it worked! Not sure why this time. So my advice is if you are asked to go into the store then try vodafone chat 1st

Why did they not just sign you up in store in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Why did they not just sign you up in store in the first place?

Guessing because they weren't a student or aged 18-25!

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Guessing because they weren't a student or aged 18-25!

Reading it again that is obvious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Right so just switched plans to vodafone x sport for the start of the new season.

I'm on a vodafone smart ultra 6 phone, not sure if it's supported. Anyway got the plan and the offer shows as enabled on the vodafone site. I downloaded the app from the link provided on the offers page that was sent in a text from vodafone.

On downloading the app and attempting to open any stream I choose "i scusribe to mobile tv with vodafone". However at this point I simply get a Skyid login screen, but i don't have any skyid. I thought it should auto register and i had wifi turned off so was definately on the vodafone network directly at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

I think I set up a new sky id. It wasn't very clear what to do when setting up a new ID though. Chat on the Vodafone app were very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone know if you don't top this up for a couple of months do you need to then reapply or will the plan simply reactivate once you put €20 on it? Might get it for a 2nd phone when travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nualaonthewall

Anyone know if you don't top this up for a couple of months do you need to then reapply or will the plan simply reactivate once you put €20 on it? Might get it for a 2nd phone when travelling.

No need to top up every month. It will kick in again once you put 20 in, so you can keep a small amount of credit in your account. I'm keeping the 5 top up for 1gb data as I don't need 20gb every month except when I'm away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

cronos wrote: »
    Right so just switched plans to vodafone x sport for the start of the new season.

I'm on a vodafone smart ultra 6 phone, not sure if it's supported. Anyway got the plan and the offer shows as enabled on the vodafone site. I downloaded the app from the link provided on the offers page that was sent in a text from vodafone.

On downloading the app and attempting to open any stream I choose "i scusribe to mobile tv with vodafone". However at this point I simply get a Skyid login screen, but i don't have any skyid. I thought it should auto register and i had wifi turned off so was definately on the vodafone network directly at the time.

The answer to this in the end was just to register a SkyID and it worked straight away. To register a SkyID you can just use any username and password. The validation is done automatically via the phone network.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

I'm planning on moving to Czech Republic next month for 3 months can I just stay on my plan I have already here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

brijay wrote: »
    I'm planning on moving to Czech Republic next month for 3 months can I just stay on my plan I have already here in Ireland?

You'll be able to use it as if you were in Ireland (and to call Czech numbers for the same price as Irish Ines).

But I would talk to Vodafone and double check how long they allow it. If you keep using your phone in another country and never on your home country, the home network is after a while legally allowed to charge you unregulated roaming fees (and maybe to disconnect you but not sure on that point).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

I would say nothing and see how long you can get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

As per bromley 52, say nothing. In addition, make sure you've little or no credit available outside your top up so that if they do start taking it, there's very little available. Can't take knickers off a bare a*se, as they say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Hi guys, sorry for bumping an old thread but I signed up to the Vodafone X Sky Sports deal earlier today. No issues signing up but when I downloaded the Sky Sports mobile app I can only access Action, Arena, SSN, Sky Newsand is it Sky Sports News HQ?

The one with the Premier League Lion icon on it. Asked via support chat and they said the ones like Football/Cricket etc are extra. I'm sure that's the case and I might be a fool for asking but I wanted to be sure checking with people here.

I guess if I couldn't access the Premier League games I wouldn't bother with it and maybe switch to Spotify.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TwoToneRebel

Enticing sign up offers these are. Thanks for the heads up

Hi guys,

Just a heads up the 2 months free offer has been extended to the 4th of September. Only applies to people porting number into Vodafone and wanting to sign up for Vodafone X.

Just download the voucher by going to the below link and selecting "Not on Vodafone? - Continue here". Then bring it in store with valid ID.

http://www.vodafone.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x?icmp=HP-Car-Pos2-VodafoneX#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I will be moving to Vodafone and this offer when my current 28 day deal ends with 3 this week.

Couple of questions for anyone that has joined vodafone.
    1. I have a valid student card and got an unlock code for my phone from 3.
    -if I go into a vodafone store will they be able to port me over more or less right away (don't mind waiting a few hours for the porting)

2. I'll be choosing the X weekend option.(100 free any network minutes/free weekends)
    Is there a way to check your remaining minutes, and how many days you have left on the offer each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shineon23 wrote: »
    I will be moving to Vodafone and this offer when my current 28 day deal ends with 3 this week.

Couple of questions for anyone that has joined vodafone.
    1. I have a valid student card and got an unlock code for my phone from 3.
    -if I go into a vodafone store will they be able to port me over more or less right away (don't mind waiting a few hours for the porting)

2. I'll be choosing the X weekend option.(100 free any network minutes/free weekends)
    Is there a way to check your remaining minutes, and how many days Yiu have left on the offer each month?
    1.yes.

2. vodafone app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

shanec1928 wrote:
    1. yes
    2. vodafone app

Cheers, just wanted to make sure before I made the switch, got burned by 3 many times, charging me for out of bundle data use without warning me that my deal was ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Cheers, just wanted to make sure before I made the switch, got burned by 3 many times, charging me for out of bundle data use without warning me that my deal was ended.

If you've no credit, you can't be charged.

I know where you are coming from - I had credit burnt with Three a few times as they don't allow automatic top-ups on the same schedule as their AYCE offer and their warning text messages only arrive when the damage is done already.

I have now switched to Vodafone and find them much better from that perspective:
    1) They tend to be better with warning you before a timed offer is about to expire or an allowance to be exceeded
    2) They allow you to schedule automatic top-ups every 28 days (which matches the recurring schedule of the Vodafone X deal) so if you do that there is no issue with forgetting to top-up on the right day and getting your credit eaten-up because your deal has expired

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Anyone know if you can use the credit on things like the Play Store etc.. Like on 3?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can use the credit on things like the Play Store etc.. Like on 3?

I am not sure about using on the play store, but to clear some possible confusion: unlike Three's AYCE offer Vodafone X will consume your 20 euros credit when the offer is activated. This means unless you voluntarily top-up more credit than you need, you are not likely to end-up with a lot of unused credit as you likely are with Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bells12

Hi, I'm signing up to this via the facebook method but just wanted to know can I go instore and get the fee SIM to speed up the process, without having to show student ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

bells12 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm signing up to this via the facebook method but just wanted to know can I go instore and get the fee SIM to speed up the process, without having to show student ID?

My student days are long gone. Just got SIM.instore and ported over while in there. Didn't sign up to any offer. Then went via Facebook route at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

TallGlass wrote: »

The deal costs €20 - you won't have any credit unless you add more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

My student days are long gone. Just got SIM.instore and ported over while in there. Didn't sign up to any offer. Then went via Facebook route at home.

You didn't get the 2 months free though? Correct?

daveyjoe wrote: »
    You didn't get the 2 months free though? Correct?

No didn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

No didn't bother.

Did you get €10 free credit like you do online?

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Did you get €10 free credit like you do online?

No

• Advertisement

No

You get €10 credit for registering for MyVodafone.

Advertisement