Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you find attractive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Someone who is kind. Think a guy who is kind to animals is generally speaking a nice person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm impatient, selfish, a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

:D

I've lost count of the number of profiles I've seen that quoted on dating sites, to me it makes the person sound like a right drama queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

can't flirt
    slight build
    a goof but not funny

I'm screwed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

can't flirt
    slight build
    a goof but not funny

I'm screwed tbh.

EH I think you're hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I've learned that I just cannot stand arrogance or someone who is very tight with money.

Kindness, intelligence and also emotional intelligence are very important. Someone who is direct, I overanalyse too much to have someone be vague or play mind games with me.

A nice tattoo doesn't hurt, and green eyes.

Edited to say similar sense of humour to my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I've learned that I just cannot stand arrogance or someone who is very tight with money.

Kindness, intelligence and also emotional intelligence are very important. Someone who is direct, I overanalyse too much to have someone be vague or play mind games with me.

Money is one of the biggest issues in relationships. Someone who is tight or someone who spends excessively is a pain in the ar$e. There is a happy medium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Aside from a pulse as I mentioned earlier -

Kindness.
    Nice smile, or at least a frequent smile.
    Honesty.
    Someone who treats people in service or retail with respect.
    Loyalty.
    Dark hair.
    Nice eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

Someone who treats people in service or retail with respect

Is this common that people don't do this? I always see this listed but I have never been out with anyone who wasn't polite to service staff,maybe I've been lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

Succubus_ wrote: »

If you overanalyze what happens when someone direct approaches you

I get chatted up a lot -not boasting, I'm usually still thinking of a reply a week later after the ship has sailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Is this common that people don't do this? I always see this listed but I have never been out with anyone who wasn't polite to service staff,maybe I've been lucky!

Without getting into the treatment I've experienced first hand in those industries, I've unfortunately met several people in my personal life who show utter disdain for retail workers.

Thankfully I know far, far more who treat them with respect, but it's a huge red flag for me if a guy I'm seeing doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

If you overanalyze what happens when someone direct approaches you

I get chatted up a lot -not boasting, I'm usually still thinking of a reply a week later after the ship has sailed

Outside of a bar I don't pick up on someone flirting with me because I don't expect it to happen outside that setting. It'd be a week before I even realised never mind responded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Don't think I've seen a thread like this here but mods please move if not!
    My friends and I were talking about those little things you notice which make someone go from meh to something a bit more interesting.

What does it for you?
    As a woman, I can't resist broad shoulders and a guy who can drive really well ��

I work with a girl who doesn't wear makeup but she still looks gorgaeious. Body parts do nothing for me unless the face passes. The "downside" is that she keeps talking to me at work and I can never get a bloody thing done!

Just a question for the OP. What is it with broad shoulders?? I've heard this many times before. I like to think I have broad shoulders but never had a girl comment on or compliment them!

bfa1509 wrote: »

Just a question for the OP. What is it with broad shoulders?? I've heard this many times before. I like to think I have broad shoulders but never had a girl comment on or compliment them!

They are typically a manly feature, great for hugs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

myshirt wrote: »
    They all look the same face down in the pillow.
    I saw Les Dawson's daughter on telly recently where she showed the tattoo she had done of her father...gurning, on the nape of her neck.

How would you like this view?

Les-4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

There is the usual stuff like shared sense of humour.
    Love broad shoulders and strong arms.
    Someone who has a sense of fun about them.
    Someone not tight but not a spendthrift either.

My partner is very emotionally intelligent he is first guy I have dated who is and it is a seriously attractive trait.

In my younger days I would of said tall but my partner isn’t tall and I have never been this attracted to anyone ever. Who the person is matters most for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Succubus_ wrote:
    Outside of a bar I don't pick up on someone flirting with me because I don't expect it to happen outside that setting. It'd be a week before I even realised never mind responded!

I don't think I ever flirt with men in bars, unless I already knew them in advance of going to the bar with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I have a real thing for girls who have a nice voice or a sexy accent (preferably both)

Provided they are not a complete mess I love girls who sound good.

I have a real thing for girls who have a nice voice or a sexy accent (preferably both)

Provided they are not a complete mess I love girls who sound good.

I love when men have a deep, almost base-y voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Surely you mean bite their bottom lip?

giphy.gif

Sucking their bottom lip might look a bit rare!

Same thing either does it for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Dark hair.

Red lips.

Doesn't wear trousers all the forking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rani24

Gurls less than 60kg 🀩ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ€©

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,479 ✭✭✭pgj2015

honeybear wrote: »
    Someone who is kind. Think a guy who is kind to animals is generally speaking a nice person.

I kind of agree but I think Hitler loved animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

It would be interesting if people added their age to the posts because I'm sure you would see trends in different age groups.

rani24 wrote: »
    Gurls less than 60kg 🀩ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ€©

Girls over 60kg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Jaysus going by this thread, I'm fooked.

But Shane McGowan got married..... there's hope for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I saw Les Dawson's daughter on telly recently where she showed the tattoo she had done of her father...gurning, on the nape of her neck.

How would you like this view?

Les-4.jpg
    If its the person I am thinking of... I think most people would prefer that view to her face...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭I says

I like blondes,redheads,brunettes and everything in between I don’t have a type but you know when ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Hallaz

A small nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I kind of agree but I think Hitler loved animals.

Always an exception to every rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

La.de.da wrote: »
    Jaysus going by this thread, I'm fooked.

But Shane McGowan got married..... there's hope for everyone.

His wife is a tasty bird, I reckon it was his money as he is absolutely useless to her otherwise. Did you see her on RTE the other night asking him a few questions? The only answer she got was his hissing like a snake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I says wrote: »
    I like blondes,redheads,brunettes and everything in between I don’t have a type but you know when ya know.

So anything with a pussy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

padd b1975 wrote: »

Doesn't wear trousers all the forking time.

I like a girl to be naked, but not all the time, you'd never get any work done! ;)

There's a long naturally curly haired look (similar to permed, but natural) that's devastatingly attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

There's a long naturally curly haired look (similar to permed, but natural) that's devastatingly attractive.

As in Valeria Golino from Hot Shots?
    254460.jpg

DrPhilG wrote: »
    As in Valeria Golino from Hot Shots?
    254460.jpg

Ngtrfggj bbbbbbvcfg jhhgfffi

Er, sorry, yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mickboy21

Don't think I've seen a thread like this here but mods please move if not!
    My friends and I were talking about those little things you notice which make someone go from meh to something a bit more interesting.

What does it for you?
    As a woman, I can't resist broad shoulders and a guy who can drive really well 😳

What kind of driving ? 🀔

Mickboy21 wrote: »
    What kind of driving ? ��

The boy racer type that can do donuts. Extra marks if driven with a hole in the exhaust of their micra.

She answered this further on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭I says

Mickboy21 wrote: »
    What kind of driving ? 🀔

To the makers name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

Good-

Women who are forward without being pushy

Smile and intelligence, sexy eyes

Bad-

Yappers and social media addicts

Any sort of drama queens

And women that pull 100 different faces in the day

Fake-lesbian feminist types

And women that pull 100 different faces in the day

Fake-lesbian feminist types

What do you mean by the first one, and... Actually, what do you mean by the second one?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Undividual

To go to bed with:

Nice bum
    Nice face and smile
    Slim or curvy

To date/marry:

Intelligent/creative, especially a woman who knows a lot about a certain topic/field
    A woman who enjoys food as much as I do but isn't overweight
    Non-smoker (don't know why this is such a turn off for me)
    A woman who is good with kids
    Accepting of how much of a maniac I am
    Has a good relationship with her and my family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

proportionality

Undividual wrote: »
    To go to bed with:

Nice bum
    Nice face and smile
    Slim or curvy

To date/marry:

Intelligent/creative, especially a woman who knows a lot about a certain topic/field
    A woman who enjoys food as much as I do but isn't overweight
    Non-smoker (don't know why this is such a turn off for me)
    A woman who is good with kids
    Accepting of how much of a maniac I am
    Has a good relationship with her and my family
    Is that the male version of "If you can't accept me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Carlingford Locked

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Is that the male version of "If you can't accept me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"? :p

I have this on my Tinder profile

vKCsxOO.png

Jaysus :D

Jaysus :D

so%2Bcrazy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Physically-that defined V that leads to the groin area-don't know what it's called but a well defined one will make me weak at the knees.

Other than that I'm very old-fashioned, I love a man who can fix things and do all the traditional "male" jobs. I don't mind doing all the traditional "female" ones.

Such a pain being single, have to pay to get all the DIY jobs done. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

No make up. The whole competetive oompa loonpa fake tan thing bemuses me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

BBFAN wrote: »
    Other than that I'm very old-fashioned, I love a man who can fix things and do all the traditional "male" jobs. I don't mind doing all the traditional "female" ones.
    Such a pain being single, have to pay to get all the DIY jobs done. :D:D:D
    hahaha - I also know if my SO decides to leave me, I would be the one suffering from this point of view, as he's very DIY + can do chores such as cooking/sewing, while I can't fix things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

Kindness No1 and a sense of humour a close 2nd! As I get older I put a lot less focus on looks. The sad thing is, I would have let kind, funny lads go in favour of some passing ride in my superficial early twenties.

• Advertisement

vKCsxOO.png
    So how many matches have you got? :P

Advertisement