Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you find attractive?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I like my men a bit chunkier. The whole gym-sixpack thing is not really something that attracts me.
    I also am a sucker for a well groomed beard. And hands that are looked after, chewed up nails or fingertips is a no-no.

Also a good sense of humour, the more politically incorrect the better. Smart, caring, sincere, compassionate.
    A big plus when he's a bit nerdy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

A woman that exudes confidence for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Wibbs wrote: »
    I really don't get the buzz about her at all M. There's more meat on a butchers pencil. Might look OK in well shot photos, but in the flesh, or lack of it... And I much prefer thin as a default, but give me the gymnast type any day of the week. Thin is great when it's because of genetics and/or fitness, not when it comes from a diet of lettuce leaves and air.

I don't see it myself either. That picture doing the rounds a while back of Philippe Coutinho with her face was basically still Coutinho. I just can't see very much attractive about her at all.....well she has a nice smile I suppose and her skin is a lovely colour, but apart from that no, she's just not for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

My type is around 5 foot 2 to 5 foot 5.
    Brunette / not to skinny / nice smile .
    Saw a picture of my mum on her wedding day .
    Sweet Jesus .... MY MUM WAS HOT !!!!
    The type I can't stand are the brown Thomas look.
    Caked in make up with their latest €500 plus handbag swinging out of their arms.
    Usually dyed blonde hair .... With everything else false about them.
    The property developer missus type !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I forgot to mention Nerds are HOT

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jrop wrote: »

hasenohrl1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    hasenohrl1.jpg

Oh get a room you two....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

NSAman wrote: »
    Oh get a room you two....

A rectangular sleeping quadrant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A rectangular sleeping quadrant?

A quadrant is a quarter of a circle or a quarter of a cartesian plane. I believe you meant a quadrilateral or quadrangle.

And typically they would be equiangular quadrilaterals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Grayson wrote: »
    A quadrant is a quarter of a circle or a quarter of a cartesian plane. I believe you meant a quadrilateral or quadrangle.

And typically they would be equiangular quadrilaterals

Sploosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Sploosh

I can't switch it off. Sorry.

All hail king nerd. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Red hair and a pretty face (read: nice smile) with minimal or no makeup. None of this caked in foundation stuff. Show off those freckles and flaws. Gets me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

red hair check
    nice face check
    not too much make check
    Freckles check

Woo hoo ! i'm on a promise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'll know who to blame when I get dehydrated but then you can make me up a perfectly balanced electrolyte drink :p

As I got older, other moms seem attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

- Kindness - this above all else.

- A decent amount of cop on / savvy. (A subset of intelligence really. If stranded somewhere, they are not f-ing helpless.)
    - Appreciates my sense of humour, and has one of their own.
    - Patient enough to put up with me.

red hair check
    nice face check
    not too much make check
    Freckles check

Woo hoo ! i'm on a promise

Make that 2 promises:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

pwurple wrote: »
    - Kindness - this above all else.

- A decent amount of cop on / savvy. (A subset of intelligence really. If stranded somewhere, they are not f-ing helpless.)
    - Appreciates my sense of humour, and has one of their own.
    - Patient enough to put up with me.

Kindness also.

Witnessing a discernible lack of it would be a huge turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Could not be dealing with people who just moan all the time but don’t seem to do anything about it. I find it so grating and emotionally draining. Life is shlte for most people but you do what you need to do to make it average. Those who let baggage from 20 years ago still bog them down and have a constant victim complex, I find that quality so unattractive, especially when they seem to be doing nothing about it only relishing in their misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Gingers, forgot about that till I read seamus post.

A nice firey ginger lad. Possibly a ginger beard.

:)

Life is shlte for most people but you do what you need to do to make it average.

This is without a doubt the worst motivational speech I've ever heard!:D

But I do agree with you, suck it up to fúck and get on with things. There's no point moaning about things you can't change and even less in moaning about things you can change, just shut up and do what you have to do!

Earlier in the thread I posted that there's not really one thing that I could pinpoint about finding someone attractive.

Scratch that, I realised that it is a nice bum in running tights or yoga pants, or short shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 swaner

What I like in a woman :

A nice ass
    A nice personality
    Brains

What I do not like in a woman :

OTT feminism & liberalism
    A woman who is married to her job
    A woman whose life revolves around social media

Sharing your opinion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

well it's not the ideal situation is it? but I don't like people online denigrating these women for their choices and calling the skanks or whatever it was. It might be a choice we wouldn't make but I wouldn't be pointing the finger of blame or disgust at the women themselves, more at the industries that make millions off their insecurities. Telling them they look ridiculous or less attractive, isn't going to resolve anything it's just compounding the message that led them to that path in the first place.

That kind of judgemental attitude is something I find very unattractive
    That was me. I'm not disgusted by these women and would never be that blunt/cruel to their face. This is a thread about what people find attractive. You could take any number of posts from here and pick it apart and make assumptions about the poster. Example:
    Could not be dealing with people who just moan all the time but don’t seem to do anything about it. I find it so grating and emotionally draining. Life is shlte for most people but you do what you need to do to make it average. Those who let baggage from 20 years ago still bog them down and have a constant victim complex, I find that quality so unattractive, especially when they seem to be doing nothing about it only relishing in their misery.
    Oh my God! Don't you understand that some people struggle with mental illness and have low self esteem? People have bad childhoods that follows then into adulthood. With all the awareness now about mental health, how could you be so cruel and judgemental?

I actually agree with retro that that type of personality is unattractive. That doesn't mean I don't have empathy with their situation but I wouldn't be attracted to them. I think retro would be the same. If she went on a date with someone who was still dealing with baggage from 20 years ago, I can't imagine her saying to them "I find that quality so unattractive" because that would be cruel and she does not come across as a cruel person.

Same goes for what I said. Some posters might find the wording harsh but I think the hyper sexualised look, which was perfectly described by someone else as a blow up doll, is not attractive. It doesn't mean I would berate anyone if they chose to go down that route. I will post my honest opinions in an anonymous forum online but I have enough social awareness to keep my opinions to myself in real life ;)

Advertisement