Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis Villeneuve’s Dune

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hadn't even occured these reruns of movies had trailers shown in the first place! I wonder will the trailer still appear concurrently online, would hope so

I’d say within a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone watch the Children of Dune mini series from 2003?

I see it is now on Prime is it worth a watch it has a decent cast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I only saw it the once around the time of airing and it was solid; much better production values than the prior Dune adaptation also by the SciFi channel. IIRC both stayed fairly true to the books

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Yeah, they were rated as faithful adaptions of the books, with a decent cast (including a young McAvoy as Paul). The weaknesses show in the set design and the like; it's a bit theatrical at times, with very artificial lighting. Certainly worth a look though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The budget was better for the sequel but both are very much "pre golden age" TV, when productions - particularly science fiction - still looked like warmed up soap operas, all flat compositions, lighting and shot-reverse-shot.

The production design was also severely iffy: here for instance are the feared, vicious Sardukar forces lol

latest?cb=20101219051735

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

MJohnston wrote: »
    Not Inception, but I'd definitely risk it if they were showing Interstellar in IMAX again.

I've never seen Interstellar in the cinema. It's my biggest cinema regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The budget was better for the sequel but both are very much "pre golden age" TV, when productions - particularly science fiction - still looked like warmed up soap operas, all flat compositions, lighting and shot-reverse-shot.

The production design was also severely iffy: here for instance are the feared, vicious Sardukar forces lol

latest?cb=20101219051735

Wtf !!!! That is beyond ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

latest?cb=20101219051735

Why are they wearing chef hats??! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

because they are looking for spice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

So according to twitter the trailer has been pulled from inception and will now be shown before tenet at the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

The most impressive thing about it is definitely it's score. To this day it's still one of my faves and frequently used as temp tracks in trailers all over the place.

Even though Brian Tyler has gone on to have a hugely successful movie scoring career with some great soundtracks under his belt, he's never really out-done this early effort, in my opinion (although I'm very partial his work on Yellowstone....)

*insert "give it to me now" meme here*

i was trying to remember what villeneuve has given away in trailers before and i don't think he's a spoiler by putting all the best bits in

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

peteeeed wrote: »
    i was trying to remember what villeneuve has giving away in trailers before and i don't think he's a spoiler by putting all the best bits in
    Some potential shots:

Clip to the Bene Gesserit talking in hushed circles
    "He is Maud'dib, the Chosen One. Only he can unite the planet"

Clip of Paul moving slowly in the desert.

Clips of the Baron looking evil.

Big wide shot of Paul in the desert with a thumper and then, with blaring orchestral music, a sandworm leaps out. For extra kicks, maybe it reaches out as if it's eating the camera and then we can pan out to "Dune - December 2020!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

hqdefault.jpg

They should just re release the David Lynch Dune trailer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

ixoy wrote: »
    Clips of the Baron looking evil.

Big wide shot of Paul in the desert with a thumper and then, with blaring orchestral music, a sandworm leaps out.

I'm kind of hoping they don't show the Baron & I have a feeling they wont show the worms. Some YouTuber's have now seen the trailer in a secret screening so I guess we will know soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Would they ever release a bloody trailer. :pac:

Would they ever release a bloody trailer. :pac:

sept 9th 5pm :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Teaser recorded in a theatre. Get it while it's hot (or before it's taken down).

https://streamable.com/qr2avv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Teaser recorded in a theatre. Get it while it's hot (or before it's taken down).

Wow sweet. There's a guy emerging from some kind of mud bath about half way through. Think it was The Baron? Could have been The Beast though.

5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Thanks for that :)
    Visually it looks incredible.

Going to resist until the clean and shiny official version comes out ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Going to resist until the clean and shiny official version comes out ...

It's a teaser for the trailer being released on September 9th. :pac:

Advertisement