Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 6 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Anyone interested in trading WR's?

Could do a 2-for-1 from Randall Cobb/Brandon Lloyd/Torrey Smith for an elite receiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

CJC86 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in Calvin Johnson? I'm willing to hear offers.

I could give up Stephens-Howling and Jeremy Kerley?

Hi Guys,

looks like we've had incorrect scoring set up for QB's throwing ints.
    Checking versus the charter, if I have to update the setting it will retrospectively change results to fall in line.

Not going to change the setting, leavin results as are.

Sorry about that guys, must have missed that one when setting up the league

• Advertisement

Myself and CJC86 agreed a trade and put it through on Tuesday
    Tony Romo & Vick Ballard for Rashad Jennings & Jay Cutler.
    Ballard and Jennings both playing Thursday night, and site says trade won't process until Friday morning so not sure how the site is going to handle this.

There have been no votes against it, so is there any way we can push it through before tonight's game to make sure that it goes through?

Yeah, that is a bit harsh.

Not sure how to get around it though.
    There's no options available to me to let it pass ahead of tonight.
    Even if I turn off the trade review period temporarily, it'll only be effective tomorrow morning.

BizzyC wrote: »

Even if I turn off the trade review period temporarily, it'll only be effective tomorrow morning.

Can go into people's teams and add/drop the players using the MANAGE function, commish add/drops overrule waivers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

I just had a look there to see why the trade was scheduled to go through on Friday rather than Thursday, and I think it's because you messed around with the setting on Wednesday. Hopefully it won't affect the game between myself and Rob this week, but you shouldn't go messing with trade settings while a trade is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Guffy

Shouldn't be messing around with trade settings during the season at all. Also was there a change to waiver wire?

• Advertisement

Dont worry, wont be.

No change to waiver, has been set to a 2 day period from day 1, hasn't been touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Forgot to set my line-up before 6 :( Left Dez on the bench and he would've had the victory for me. Disaster!

I just had a look there to see why the trade was scheduled to go through on Friday rather than Thursday, and I think it's because you messed around with the setting on Wednesday. Hopefully it won't affect the game between myself and Rob this week, but you shouldn't go messing with trade settings while a trade is happening.

Effective date on the trade was Friday before I took a look at settings and friday afterwards.

Could be the fact that two of the players involved had a Thursday game that pushed it another day.

Below is note on the fantasy site for the trade:

"Accepted Trade: Greystones Mariners and The Islanders pending until the morning of Friday, November 9, 2012. Note that if a player involved in the transaction has already completed his game for the week, the trade will process Tuesday of the following week"

Wouldn't have gone through until Tuesday anyway, unless commish had over-ridden

This league is getting tight...

After this week I reckon Chain Reactions will be 9-2, with 3 teams at 8-3 and a few more at 7-4.
    It's going to be tough to come out with a top 4 place for promotion.
    Especially with the trend of form my team has been on.

Barring a very surprising run of results, I've been knocked out of contention for the playoffs at this point. It's unfortunate because I'm on a run of 2 tough losses; I would have beaten 13 of the 15 teams last week, and 9 of the 15 this week. My team is looking quite strong, but it'll be no use to me sitting outside looking in on the playoffs.

Top 6 will get you in the playoffs...
    There are very few teams without a legitamite chance of making them.

As long as some of the 5-5 teams lose this week, you'll still be in contention.

With the top 4 being promoted is it possible for the div 6 champ not to be one of those? What I mean is is it possible for the sixth seed in playoffs to get promoted by reaching the semi's or is it the top four league positions before the playoffs?

I's the final top 4, as in the semi-finalists.

Top 2 seeds get automatic promotion since they get a bye, 3-6th have a playoff to determine the other 2 spots.

9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season. If there is inactive players in whichever division (say 2 for example) then they are removed from the league and only 2 are relegated to lower division, The four promoted then will keep that division at 16. As for the division below as only 2 are coming down and four going up there leaves a shortfall of two. This can be fixed by only relegating 2 from that division and along with the four promoted teams will keep that division at 16. This goes on all the way to the bottom division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭davetherave

That doesn't seem right OR fair. Say the #6 team is two games behind the #3 team. They play in a quarterfinal and the #6 team wins. The #6 team is now 1 game behind and faces the #1 team in a semi final which it loses. The #6 team gets promoted even though it has a worse record?

• Advertisement

That's the way football works.

Final standings for the year are a result of the playoffs, not of the divisional standings.

A few years ago the Patriots won the AFC East, but lost to the Jets in the playoffs. As such the Jets finished the year ranked higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

That doesn't seem right OR fair. Say the #6 team is two games behind the #3 team. They play in a quarterfinal and the #6 team wins. The #6 team is now 1 game behind and faces the #1 team in a semi final which it loses. The #6 team gets promoted even though it has a worse record?

2010 Wild Card Round

New Orleans Saints (11 - 5)

Seattle Seahawks ( 7 - 9)

Fudged up world of the NFL and its divisional league. :rolleyes:

After two tough losses I decided to have a look at actual standings versus the breakdown standings (record if you played every team every week), to see how much luck of the draw factored into the standings. I'm a shocking 28.6% worse off than I would be expected to do at random.

I did them for the whole league. Would people be interested in seeing them? (Might make you think about what's fair davetherave ;) )

:o Yeah, I suppose I wasn't thinking of the real world.
    I thought it would have just been simpler to have 16 weeks of Head2Head match-ups and then when it is all said and done the teams in 1,2,3 and 4 get promoted.

Team did much better than expected last night, but unfortunately so did SuperChamps...

Need Vernon Davis to out score Brandon Marshall and Michael Bush by 4 points tonight.
    Based on recent form I think I'll be lucky to get 4 points total from him.

The overtimes in the early games and Andre Johnson finally putting in a big game really saved me this week. I really have the worst luck with selecting which QB to start; Romo has an average game and Schaub rips it up on my bench.

Team did much better than expected last night, but unfortunately so did SuperChamps...

Need Vernon Davis to out score Brandon Marshall and Michael Bush by 4 points tonight.
    Based on recent form I think I'll be lucky to get 4 points total from him.

Considering I need the Bears Defense to score more than 11 points, it seems that the top 2 teams could lose in the same week!! :eek: :D

The overtimes in the early games and Andre Johnson finally putting in a big game really saved me this week. I really have the worst luck with selecting which QB to start; Romo has an average game and Schaub rips it up on my bench.

I'd say your a cert for that Snickers award this week. :D

I'd say your a cert for that Snickers award this week. :D

Nah, you need to lose to get that. I've got it twice already in this league, in two really close games. :/

• Advertisement

Wow, wasn't expectin to win that but Davis pulled it out.
    Won by a whopping 0.16 points...

Only 2 weeks left for playoff qualification, getting tense.
    1 team at 9-2, 3 at 8-3, 4 at 6-5.

Top 4 are pretty much locked in, question is who will get the top 2 spots with automatic promotion and who of the 6-5 teams will get a shot at promotion in the playoffs....

Next weeks matchup between myself and WDForte could well pick which of us goes to the playoffs and who goes home.
    On a weekly matchup WDForte leads 6-5, but that last W was this weeks which he won by 0.04 points.

I just noticed the playoff format. It seems like The Islanders will be in no matter what, because they'll win that division, which mean there are 3 6-5 teams and 3 5-6 teams fighting for the last spot. Depending on results this week, next week could be really interesting.

Actually, if Ratoath Renegades win out and The Islanders lose these last 2, then we could have a sub .500 team as the #4 seed.

I just noticed the playoff format. It seems like The Islanders will be in no matter what, because they'll win that division, which mean there are 3 6-5 teams and 2 5-6 teams fighting for the last spot. Depending on results this week, next week could be really interesting.

Actually, if Ratoath Renegades win out and The Islanders lose these last 2, then we could have a sub .500 team as the #4 seed.

Yes, but then they'd have to face a currently 8-3 team in the playoffs to have a chance at promotion.

That's playoff football for you.

Damn, just noticed that I lost last week.

They changed Arian Foster's stats for some reason, pushed me from a win to a loss. Bastards!

Trade deadline is tomorrow. If anyone is interested in picking up a high-upside QB, or an upgrade at WR, I have Kaepernick, Romo, Andre Brown and Sidney Rice on the block. Looking for a decent RB. Will do a two/three-for-one trade.

• Advertisement

Damn, just noticed that I lost last week.

They changed Arian Foster's stats for some reason, pushed me from a win to a loss. Bastards!

Woop woop! I slip up, you slip up! I think whoever tops our division gets automatic, second makes playoffs but has to play that extra game! C'mon B-men and Greystone Mariners!

Not necessarily.
    If Allie Cows and Decies Patriots win their divisions with a higher seeding then we'd both be in the wildcard.

On paper I have the more likely win this week, Allie Cows will be a tough team to beat.
    Next week though I have the in-form Greystones Mariners while my team has some tough machups, you have a very likely win.

This may come down to points...

Not necessarily.
    If Allie Cows and Decies Patriots win their divisions with a higher seeding then we'd both be in the wildcard.

On paper I have the more likely win this week, Allie Cows will be a tough team to beat.
    Next week though I have the in-form Greystones Mariners while my team has some tough machups, you have a very likely win.

This may come down to points...

Form may not be enough for me at this stage, but as long as there's a chance, I'll keep on plugging.

Form may not be enough for me at this stage, but as long as there's a chance, I'll keep on plugging.

Hmm, yeah you'll need a few teams to slip up to grab the last spot...

Wow, down 86-2. Good job Cowboys D#, good hustle.

• Advertisement

Lucky this week against Rathoath Renegades.
    Owner obviously not paying attention, if he'd played backup QB Sanchez instead of Big Ben and picked up almost any kicker from FA would've lost.
    Fingers crossed MJD and Harvin back for the playoffs now

Ugh, it's so depressing. I dominate this week, and have a very strong bench, but because B-Men and SuperChamps both look like winning and are playing each other next week, it looks like I'm out :(

This is probably worse than losing in my other league when all I needed from Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb was 18 measly points...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ugh, it's so depressing. I dominate this week, and have a very strong bench, but because B-Men and SuperChamps both look like winning and are playing each other next week, it looks like I'm out :(

This is probably worse than losing in my other league when all I needed from Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb was 18 measly points...

According to nfl prediction site I'm favourite still to lose if it makes you feel any better.

with stewart's return questionable it looks like decies pats are gona lose their matchup allowing me to get number one seed with only one game left. With the top four playing teams with loosing records (as of now) any slip up next week will be crucial in the hunt for those two automatic promotion spots. The ulster division is the only one that is still live for that top spot with long time leader Won't com last certainly having the tougher of the two games against a resurgent Greyston Mariners

Perfect, Lynch missed his projected by 20 points and the same week Lawfirm has a breakout 20 point performance.

Not liking my chances of keeping top spot in my division next week.
    Greystones Mariners have been rampant the past few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭boccy23

Looks like the playoffs start early. B-men (me) play SuperChamps is what is ineffect a play-in game. Winner gets into the playoffs. Loser goes home. :D

Thank God for that actually.
    You both beat me recently which means if both teams won and I lost this week(which is very likely), you'd both get the playoff spots ahead of me on our head-to-head results as tiebreak....

Your game is the only one left to decide a place, only other question is what the matchups will be for the other teams.

Projection gives me a 50-60 point victory next week solidifying the number 1 seed.

Queue 30 point defeat that usually accompanies these projected victories for me:-(

The only way that you wont achieve a bye week to the top 4 is if you lose this week and both myself and decies patriots win.
    I like your odds...

O I know ya was just commenting on the projections. It'll be hard for me to lose it but not impossible

• Advertisement
Advertisement