Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

A bit harsh Rob.
    The fact that he left an inactive kicker in his team, in spite of the fact that he made other roster changes that week, is the reason you're taking his team away?

The fact that he made a bad decision doesn't give you the right to intervene.
    And looking at his team, I wouldn't have made any lineup changes previous weeks either, his strongest team for each week was on the field.

"8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I'll leave it up to him to speak for himself.
    Not taking this action for the fun of it

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

It was a kicker, easily replaceable.

If he'd come on here and made any reasonable defense himself I'd consider it. He hasn't.
    He was warned.
    It has happened in 3 weeks, and only reason it didn't happen more is that he had no players on Bye the other weeks.

Kneel before Rob!

;) Just kidding, but it's funny that a 6-1 team is being frozen out.

Fitzpatrick is a FA now for anyone who needs a QB upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

nvm

• Advertisement

I left Doug Martin on my bench this week. I was debating who to start, and left him there for a while and didn't get back to it. He goes and puts up 33.4 points! Sickened...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

CJC86 wrote: »
    I left Doug Martin on my bench this week. I was debating who to start, and left him there for a while and didn't get back to it. He goes and puts up 33.4 points! Sickened...

Happy out I was due a bit of luck... Hopefully another player crashes for ya and I get an unexpected 30;-)

On another note Kenny Britt off wavers... Howya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

I'll leave it up to him to speak for himself.
    Not taking this action for the fun of it

Have to say you are being a bit extreme. I left 3 players on bye week in one of my squads last week and 2 this week as there was no players on the FA or waivers worth dropping other players for. Doesn't make me inactive. Make sure you give decies ample time to explain himself. This weekend as a Pats fan he is in London as far as I know.

In a tight one this week, team is doing terribly.
    Need Davis and Stephens-Howling to outscore Kendal Hunter by 4 points tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

BizzyC wrote: »
    In a tight one this week, team is doing terribly.
    Need Davis and Stephens-Howling to outscore Kendal Hunter by 4 points tonight....

Very low output from a lot on both our teams this week. Hopefully the 9ers will stick with the run game and give a few to Hunter. Manning let me down terribly this week, 6 points is pretty shocking from someone of his calibre. I'll be watching tonights game eagerly though :)

• Advertisement

deise_boi wrote: »
    Very low output from a lot on both our teams this week. Hopefully the 9ers will stick with the run game and give a few to Hunter. Manning let me down terribly this week, 6 points is pretty shocking from someone of his calibre. I'll be watching tonights game eagerly though :)
    Yeah, 2.30 from Cruz and -3 from the Vikings D have hit me badly...
    I really need them to go back to the pass and hit Davis tonight if I'm going to turn this one over. Last week he got me a 0, he'd better not do the same again...

Damn, really shot myself in the foot this week by benching Shonn Greene and the Pats D.

Ah well, can't be lucky all the time...

SixtyTwo wrote: »
    Make sure you give decies ample time to explain himself. This weekend as a Pats fan he is in London as far as I know.

Ample time?
    Warning was given on 17 October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

Ample time?
    Warning was given on 17 October.

I sent a guy in the Prem a msg 3 weeks ago and he got back to me Saturday and gave me a good explanation. If there is signs of life on their team in anyway I would give them some benefit of doubt. I went missing myself for 2 weeks also so it happens. People have genuine reasons for not fixing their teams properly.

The rule you also quoted is for people abandoned their team. In this case I doubt this user has abandoned his team. Inactivity and abandoning are two different things. Do not abuse your powers. The Prem last year one of the lads was gone for 4 weeks but started the league ok and finished ok.

I am usually the first person to give out about people not looking after their teams but don't start prematurely taking over every single team that shows some period of inactivity.

Also be aware that not everyone checks this site weekly so make sure you exhaust the pm service on here just in case he has notifications set as well as sending him a message through the NFL.com fantasy site also.

Edit: To confirm when they signed in last and show activity in the past make sure you go to the Owners section:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/*****/owners

This will show you the last time they logged in and how many waiver and free agent moves they made also. To be fair to guys if there is movement and a recent login beside their name that also shows they didn't "abandon" their teams.

Volunteered to do this to help the league, as I assumed it would be an active league. I'm not on a power trip or kicking guys out for the fun of it.
    Tried to follow the rules to make it a decent league for those who actively took part (and if I misunderstood them then I apologise), really is not worth it now for all the messages being sent on behalf of someone who hasn't responded to anything themselves.
    Am not going to waste any more of my own time on this.

This is not worth the hassle. If anyone else wants to be commish, please let me know and I will be happy to hand it over.

Hassle?
    A few posts on a message board is hardly the spanish inquisition.

If it's too much for you to handle I'll take over as league commish.

I'll take over as league commish.

Done, cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭decies

Well had a great time over in wembley, get a pm saying i am inactive in league so inactive that i am leading the munster standings!!!!!
    I am in fact 4 fantasy leagues and just because i leave bye players in does not make me inactive.Most people dont have time to make sure everything is 100% right in their league.GO PATS :D

Anyone interested in Calvin Johnson? I'm willing to hear offers.

I'm in another tight one this week...

Need Brees and Moore to outscore the Eagles D by 20 points tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Bloody Eli! Let me down again big time this week. 10/24 for 125yards? I know the Steelers are tight against the pass, but come on man. 3pts from a QB of his calibre this week... a combined total of 8.98 over 2 games. And then my team goes and loses to a squad which features a kicker on a bye and a running back listed as IA, all because Brandon Marshall decides yesterday was the day he'd like to break the 30pts mark.

God I hate Mondays :mad:

And fantasy football :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'm in another tight one this week...

Need Brees and Moore to outscore the Eagles D by 20 points tonight.

If I had started Myers instead of Gonzalez at TE I might have just held you, but I'm not too hopeful.

Anyone interested in Calvin Johnson? I'm willing to hear offers.

What positions you looking for?

What positions you looking for?

WR, RB, QB, D; doesn't matter, once it's good value. Probably would have to be 2 for 1.

WR, RB, QB, D; doesn't matter, once it's good value. Probably would have to be 2 for 1.

Torrey Smith and Brandon Lloyd for Johnson?
    Could throw in Romo if you want to get rid of one of your QBs to play the matchups

Dang, another poor week...
    I thought I was clear into promotion when I was at 7-0

Now there's 3 Teams at 7-2 and another at 6-3...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭decies

Why am I locked out of my team??

Unbelievable... Despite having Martin in my lineup, I lose to an autopilot team. My score would have beaten 13 of the other 15 people in the league, and an autopilot team gets me.

I should have followed my gut and gone with Chandler rather than following the "experts" who said Cook...

decies wrote: »
    Why am I locked out of my team??

Changed it for you.
    Can't get rid of Commish powers on the site as am still league owner.
    BizzyC is commish now

• Advertisement

Sorry Decies, didn't realise you had been locked out already.

Would've looked very dodgy if I beat you this week while you didn't have control of your team.

Advertisement