Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Trade made, Donald Brown for Tony Romo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Not sure who got the better of that trade....

Think I'll be beaten this week.

I've been 4-0-0 up till now, but I've also had the fewest total points scored against me.
    Unless Ray Rice and Matt Ryan have terrible games this week, I think Allie Cows will be the last stading unbeaten team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

BizzyC wrote: »
    Not sure who got the better of that trade....

Think I'll be beaten this week.

I've been 4-0-0 up till now, but I've also had the fewest total points scored against me.
    Unless Ray Rice and Matt Ryan have terrible games this week, I think Allie Cows will be the last stading unbeaten team.

Ya but rice had a shocker last week so fingers are well cross this week

I managed to make some waiver moves, hopefully they put me back in contention...

Horrible. Just woeful!

• Advertisement

Andrew Luck!
    Dragging me back into this league, will be 2-3 now.
    Hmmmm, not sure I need Tony Romo now

gufc21 wrote: »
    Horrible. Just woeful!
    I was watching redzone keeping an eye on our matchup.
    Pretty unlucky with Ryan's pick six, Benson's injury, Green with 2 fumbles and Rice in a TD-less game.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Anybody hurting at TE? I've got Martellus Bennett available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

What you looking for?

I'm looking for an upgrade at RB or WR. I'd trade him + S.Rice / D.Hester / P.Thomas / J. Battle (possibly even Doug Martin) for an upgrade on one of those positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Made a complete hames of this week.
    Robbie gould on a bye week, no problem picked a kicker up off of waivers.
    Cam Newton on a bye week, no problem put Matt Cassell in.

Only problem is that I forgot to set my lineup. Cassell turned out to be inactive. Didn't swap my kickers. Kenny Britt finally has a somewhat decent game when I decide to bench him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Ouch, taking another pounding this weekend. Probably should have started RG3 :D

The Week 6 Hunger Foul goes to Super Troopers FC for leaving 44.3 points on the bench and losing to The Islanders. You're not you when you're hungry. Eat a Snickers and stop committing hunger fouls.
    :o

From the Fantasy Football Forum Charter
    8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

Based on this, there are currently two guys that have made absolutely no effort to manage their roster during the seasons so far.

NFL.com Team name (Boards Username)
    Hells Kitchen (Hells Kitchen) - 4 Bye Week/IR players left in
    The Super Giants (Eli Manning) - 5 Bye Week/IR players left in

There have been only 3 weeks with bye teams, and only 10 teams on bye during this time. I had a look through the rosters and can see no reason for any of these roster slots to be left empty.

***WARNING***
    If they do not post in this forum by Friday, then I will take over their teams for the season.

Lesser warning for one other team.
    Decies Patriots (decies) - has left 2 bye week players in

If this happens again this week, then I will take over this team too.

Others who have left 1 bye week player in (forgiveable for now, but on notice)
    Super Troopers FC (Davetherave)
    Ratoath Renegades (Xfire Elect)
    The Chain Reactions (Robluvshandegg)

From the Fantasy Football Forum Charter

Based on this, there are currently two guys that have made absolutely no effort to manage their roster during the seasons so far.

There have been only 3 weeks with bye teams, and only 10 teams on bye during this time. I had a look through the rosters and can see no reason for any of these roster slots to be left empty.

***WARNING***
    If they do not post in this forum by Friday, then I will take over their teams for the season.

I'm playing Hells Kitchen this week, can we leave it to next week? :P

I have waiver claims in for my two active bye week players.

Question though, what happens if one of the "auto pilot" teams wins the league?

Question though, what happens if one of the "auto pilot" teams wins the league?
    From Charter
    "8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season. If there is inactive players in whichever division (say 2 for example) then they are removed from the league and only 2 are relegated to lower division, The four promoted then will keep that division at 16. As for the division below as only 2 are coming down and four going up there leaves a shortfall of two. This can be fixed by only relegating 2 from that division and along with the four promoted teams will keep that division at 16. This goes on all the way to the bottom division."

***WARNING***

These teams have been taken over by the Commish, and will run by me until season's end in line with point 8 of charter

• Advertisement

No activity this week, or at all since week 2.
    This team has been taken over by the Commish, and will run by me until season's end in line with point 8 of charter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just a question Rob. Do you intend to make pick ups as well?

Phew, assuming Robbie Gould can't get me -2 points tonight I ...just... eeked out a win.

Pick up the Raiders D# they said, it's only the Jags they said.
    Pick up the Raiders TE they said, it's only the the Jags they said.

That's the last time I'm listening the "them". :pac:

boccy23 wrote: »
    Just a question Rob. Do you intend to make pick ups as well?

Read rule 8, above

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

Sorry my bad! I was monitoring Daniel Thomas all week, but forgot to take him out that week! Technically he wasn't on a bye..... Just to point out, I also made the call to put the Bucs defense in that week cause my Bears were on a bye..........just sayin............;):rolleyes::eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Phew, assuming Robbie Gould can't get me -2 points tonight I ...just... eeked out a win.

Pick up the Raiders D# they said, it's only the Jags they said.
    Pick up the Raiders TE they said, it's only the the Jags they said.

That's the last time I'm listening the "them". :pac:

Eeked is right! I got caught out leaving Manningham in the team as he was listed as IA quite late. I knew he'd be a gametime decision.... I just forgot to check back at gametime :D Suppose I just have to suck it up :p

No activity this week, or at all since week 2.
    This team has been taken over by the Commish, and will run by me until season's end in line with point 8 of charter

I see transactions from Decies Patriots in week 6, you may be jumping the gun there.

I see transactions from Decies Patriots in week 6, you may be jumping the gun there.

And still left a player in on a bye in week 6.
    Was warned and didn't do anything.

And still left a player in on a bye in week 6.
    Was warned and didn't do anything.

Might not of had a player to bring in. Or had a look at wavers and said its not worth dropping anyone and risk loosing them. I mean if there is a recent trade then there is activity. I'd say let it go another week.

Ps fml talk about flop. Have lost two games now and both have been projected massive wins for me. Both ended up wit half projections. Was hoping to start play off trades this week but gona have to wait two more weeks at least to see if I get in:-(

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Might not of had a player to bring in. Or had a look at wavers and said its not worth dropping anyone and risk loosing them. I mean if there is a recent trade then there is activity. I'd say let it go another week
    It was a kicker, easily replaceable.

If he'd come on here and made any reasonable defense himself I'd consider it. He hasn't.
    He was warned.
    It has happened in 3 weeks, and only reason it didn't happen more is that he had no players on Bye the other weeks.

Advertisement