Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula E - Gen.2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

astrofluff wrote: »
    So it looks like there's a race in Friday, why?, so many people won't be able to watch it.

Weekend in Saudi Arabia is Friday/Saturday. So the first of the doubleheader is tomorrow.
    Basically, it's on Virgin media in Ireland

God, I can't stand how VM Sport have the rights for it... I'm not paying them €20/month just for one race series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mercedes-Benz nowhere in the practice sessions, 2-3 on the grid.
    Here we go again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Its funny that even though this was a "boring" race, still so much over taking etc. I love these races as 45 minutes is a perfect amount of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Less boring today. At least they're taking more chances. Yesterday showed how reserved the drivers were.

Should make an interesting championship. Sims playing a blinder with Attack mode at the end of the first safety car.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    God, I can't stand how VM Sport have the rights for it... I'm not paying them €20/month just for one race series.

Do you have eir broadband? You could get VM sport through the eir sport app or added to a Sky box under the eir subscription.

Enjoyed today's race. Was typical FE in previous years. Happy to see Sims get his first win, especially after his drift in qualifying.

When Bird got shunted, his car control was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched the highlights of the race this morning and have to say it was very good. Delighted for Alexander Sims getting his first win and BMW getting a 1-2. Jaguar still terrible and Felipe Massa still no luck at all. Mercedes have done good for there first two races in Formula-e but Porsche not so good. What was up with the safety car coming in the first time it was out to early and there was still marshells on the track removing the crashed car. That could have been very bad. Hope it is investigated and does not happen again. I thought the decision to give Mitch Evans a penalty was harsh and the 10 second penalty giving to Sebastain Buami was harsh. A 5 second penalty would have done.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Knowing Daesh Lite Saudi Arabia, those marshals are about to go on the lash.

AMKC wrote: »
    Delighted for Alexander Sims getting his first win and BMW getting a 1-2.

You may want to read up on happenings last night...

Gunther got a DT for those overtakes on people going through attack at the end of the SC.

• Advertisement

Yes, it wasn't highlighted that Gunther got a penalty for the overtake under SC until much later. What's strange is the penalty applied of 24 seconds which drops him down to 11th, just outside the points. If it was 25 seconds it would have been another place lower. So I'm thinking race control stripped him of any points but limiting the pain to that.

What's strange is the penalty applied of 24 seconds which drops him down to 11th, just outside the points. If it was 25 seconds it would have been another place lower. So I'm thinking race control stripped him of any points but limiting the pain to that.

Pit-lane time is different based on track since it's based on the physical length. For instance, Sanya last year saw the drive-through time set at 16 seconds.

Sad news about one of the commentators, Bob Varsha.
    Wishing him a speedy recovery.
    https://twitter.com/RACERmag/status/1214187162586927106?s=19

This is cool, Santiago race later today.
    https://twitter.com/FIAFormulaE/status/1218503830410866696?s=19

Ms

Just watched the highlights of it there now. It was a good race. Some nice racing up the front for the lead and plenty of racing in the midfield too. There was 7 cars in this that did not finish two of them being Porsche which is not good. Not sure why all 7 were out but Jean Eric Vergne had a damaged car and created a lot of smoke lol. Another car lost its whole front wing so I am guessing he did not finish either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Harika

Great Race, race winner down to 4th, back to front, back, last lap winning overtake. Poor vergne, great racing throughout the field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,131 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A lil graph thing I saw of the race. Saw these for F1 before and now beinh done for FE!

Sanya race scheduled for March 21 has been cancelled over the ongoing Corona hangover.
    https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2020/january/statement-on-the-sanya-e-prix

Ms

flazio wrote: »
    Sanya race scheduled for March 21 has been cancelled over the ongoing Corona hangover.
    https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2020/january/statement-on-the-sanya-e-prix

Maybe they are right but thats a good month and a half away. A lot can happen in that time. Maybe it will not be as prevaliant by then and they might be able to stall it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

If it costs the series a lot for the backend logistics, flights, hotels, and it's whether to pull the plug now, then I'd understand that. It's not a series like F1 that can hammer the country for not holding a race weekend. It's better FE call it now for all interested parties.

Ma is in 14 day quarantine apparently.

• Advertisement

I hope your Ma feels better soon. :p

Mexico race is 10 days away so they're holding him until the race.

Mexico race today. Qualy is on at 5.45pm and race on at 10pm. Usual channels.

Heavy impact by Muller into the barrier on the first few laps. Safety car with train of cars sent through pit lane.

Great start by Mitch Evans too.

Useless fúcking cúnts at the BBC bumping off the race to show bloody snooker on the Red Button :mad::mad::mad:

Mitch grabs his and Jag's second win. Behind, the typical mayhem ensued.

End to end drama, which is totally the norm. Worth a full watch.

Ms

What a race. That was excellent. Great win by Mitch Evans. Delighted for him and Jaguar.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Watch Simms and Wherlein in that graphic video ^^. Simms up to 2nd in championship.

Watch Simms and Wherlein in that graphic video ^^. Simms up to 2nd in championship.

I like these type vids!

• Advertisement

Didnt realise Vandoorne was leading the championship before, that's how tight the field. Great race behind Evans. Sims from 18 to 5? Just the attack mode cause more havoc than needed.

Reminder the Marrakesh race is on this weekend.

Friday 28th
    Shakedown/preview show
    Facebook: 1pm
    Youtube: 1pm

FP1
    Facebook: 3:40pm
    Youtube: 3:40pm
    BBC Red Button: 3:55pm - 4:55pm

Saturday 29th -
    FP2
    Facebook: 7:55am
    Youtube: 7:55am
    Virgin Media Sport: 7:55am - 8:40am
    BBC Red Button: 7:55am - 8:40am

Qualifying
    Eurosport 1: 10am - 11am
    Virgin Media Sport: 9:45am - 11:15am
    BBC Red Button: 9:45am - 11:15am

Race
    Eurosport 2: 1:45pm - 3pm
    Virgin Media Sport: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
    BBC 2: 1:30pm - 3:15pm

More Details Here

Ms

Cool. I like Marrakesh.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Cool, a lunchtime race, and it's on BBC2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I'm going to give it a try again this year

I'm going to give it a try again this year

You won't be disappointed

(I really hope I haven't jinxed it now!)

This BBC2 pre-race coverage is so bland, and almost dismissive of how much people know about the series...

This BBC2 pre-race coverage is so bland, and almost dismissive of how much people know about the series...

Ill only watch it on Virgin Media. They've shown it since season 1 so, as much as I hate them, I do want to give them a viewing figure for it

Ms

That was quiet a good race. Plenty of action and passing too. Wow Vergne and Buemi really cut that close with there energy. I think Gunter messed up a bit with his race strategy and lost the win because if it. I have to say Jean Eric Verne would get my driver of the day coming from 11th to 2nd. Well done to Antonio Felix De Costa for winning.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Ill only watch it on Virgin Media. They've shown it since season 1 so, as much as I hate them, I do want to give them a viewing figure for it

I did enjoy when it was on VM2/VM3; but after they decided it was only going to be available behind a €20/30/whatever-it-is-per-month paywall, I can't be arsed even acknowledging them as a broadcaster...

I did enjoy when it was on VM2/VM3; but after they decided it was only going to be available behind a €20/30/whatever-it-is-per-month paywall, I can't be arsed even acknowledging them as a broadcaster...

One of the main reasons I don't have Sky! I have VM as my provider so not an issue with this. Also IPTV helps..

Was a good race. Only yellow flag was on the final lap was Sims car dying I think

Just watched a full replay on the BBC red button. Decent race and no yellows until the end. Good racing with a good few overtakes. JEV is driver of the day with that effort but shame Gunter pipped him on the last lap. I like Gunter as a driver, good skill and great racer for such a young lad - I'm thinking he should be in F2 instead vying for F1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭jv2000

I know everybody is going on about the great race JEV had which is true, however, Mitch Evans probably had an even better race, starting in last and making 6th in the end. Considering his composure in the last race I dare to think how the race could have ended up if he had manages to qualify. His teammate Collado went in the opposite direction though.

The TechCheetah have a great driver line-up, well balanced and both likely see themselves as the number 1 driver. Has the making of a great championship battle especially with the BMWi and Jaguars consistently in the mix.

Rome on 4th of April has been cancelled

• Advertisement
    Ms

Harika wrote: »
    Rome on 4th of April has been cancelled

I suppose it was inevitable with the way the Italians have been affected by Covid-19 and the way they have been dealing with it. There is over 6000 cases of it in Italy now and the were very slow to act. That's why it is so bad there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Ms

We're kinda used to big gaps between races in this series anyway.

Ms

flazio wrote: »
    We're kinda used to big gaps between races in this series anyway.

Exactly so I don't think it will be effected as badly as Formula 1 has been.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement