Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

radio nova

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

FanadMan wrote: »
    Noticed they deleted a couple of their FB posts today. One was about "Tim Morello" Backs Petition To Get Black Hole Named After Chris Cornell. There was lots of slagging about the really poor research and typos.

They really, REALLY need somebody that knows something about rock music to work there during the day and look after the online stuff......and programme proper music.

They should have left Greg in charge of programming instead of letting that clown Hayes take over and drive the station into the ground. Their marketing manger is obviously a college dropout of some sort based on most of their content. Cringeworthy having to constantly delete all the negative comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Homer wrote:
    They should have left Greg in charge of programming instead of letting that clown Hayes take over and drive the station into the ground. Their marketing manger is obviously a college dropout of some sort based on most of their content. Cringeworthy having to constantly delete all the negative comments.

Someone had taken a screenshot of the Tim/Tom feckup and posted it on the edited page. Wonder how long it will take for Nova to spot and delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Noticed they deleted a couple of their FB posts today. One was about "Tim Morello" Backs Petition To Get Black Hole Named After Chris Cornell. There was lots of slagging about the really poor research and typos.

They really, REALLY need somebody that knows something about rock music to work there during the day and look after the online stuff......and programme proper music.
    Think they've got Tom Morello and Tim Comerford mixed up.

Nova licence up for grabs next year. They intend to bid to renew.
    Not sure why, as its a classic rock licence and they're not a classic rock station anymore (were they ever?)
    They shouldn't get it unless they revert to playing more classic rock.

They were only ever very loosely one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nice to hear Cathal Funge on this morning..is this a new thing..??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Heard him last week also - nice voice but hard to listen to.

Heard him last week also - nice voice but hard to listen to.

Would you prefer more of " the best bits of the colon and loosely show"......:p

Nah I just switch off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

I think most people would prefer a dose of shingles...

Homer wrote: »
    I think most people would prefer a dose of shingles...

..but both very similar in pain....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Shingles was less unpleasant than the dopey duo. So was a root canal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I was in a waiting room this morning and the breakfast show was on.

Seriously, what is the fascination with bodily functions and toilet talk?

Kamili wrote: »

More fart jokes and talking sh1t i suppose......:rolleyes:....Hayes is desperate at this stage, trying to pull in the Benny Hill, Bernard Manning age group, like he's one of himself...:D

When he does go (and he will) you wont hear of him again imo....a station would need to be on their ar$e to employ him...a bit like nova i suppose...

Kamili wrote: »

Everything about that show is crap, so they might as well keep it as a standard topic.

Dignity is easily forgotten when there's a big carrot dangling down the road....;)

In answer to a removed post about JC having no dignity....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Wish Morty would get a show where he could play stuff like he's playing tonight on the Friday Night Rock Show.
    He's better than the programmed shyte he plays on his daytime show.

Wish Morty would get a show where he could play stuff like he's playing tonight on the Friday Night Rock Show.
      He's better than the programmed shyte he plays on his daytime show.

it's all programmed on Nova..it's just a case of what Hayes will allow..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

https://twitter.com/devsounds/status/1122751953774284800?s=19

Peter filling in for Morty all this week and next!

AlgerShane wrote: »
      https://twitter.com/devsounds/status/1122751953774284800?s=19

Peter filling in for Morty all this week and next!

Thanx for that..I'll tune in so....;)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭RINO87

Are Nova keeping quiet about the latest numbers?? Would have thought i'd see it on here. I don't follow em on social anymore so don't know if they announced it there and the Journal piece on the latest figures had no mention of the Dublin stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RINO87 wrote: »
      Are Nova keeping quiet about the latest numbers?? Would have thought i'd see it on here. I don't follow em on social anymore so don't know if they announced it there and the Journal piece on the latest figures had no mention of the Dublin stations.

15+ 15 - 24 15 - 34 35+
      Dublin Weekday 5% 3% 5% 5%
      Communter Weekday 5% 4% 5% 5%
      Dublin 7am - 7pm 3.70% 2.80% 3.50% 3.70%
      Communter 7am - 7PM 3.70% 3.70% 3.90% 3.60%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭RINO87

Elmo wrote: »
      15+ 15 - 24 15 - 34 35+

Thanks

Looks like Ruth Scott is gone. Removed from schedule on website and hasn't been on since Record Store Day (13th April).

Looks like Ruth Scott is gone. Removed from schedule on website and hasn't been on since Record Store Day (13th April).

She was on all week covering for Dee and again this morning and again I had to switch off.

She was on all week covering for Dee and again this morning and again I had to switch off.

I missed that.

• Advertisement

She was on all week..and next week for D.....Ruth is Hayes pal..dont think she'll be going anywhere ,while he's there..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Ruth is on now.

15+ 15 - 24 15 - 34 35+

I want to know the figures for the morning show. Any change of getting those?

seagull wrote: »

The Colm n Lucy show......1% :D

Had to stop listening to PD this week..the amount of ad breaks and station promos were driving us mad, almost after every song, it was so bad that Peter was forced to talk over most of the songs (the way LQ does) to get a word in..AND the choice of music given to him by Hayes was very sub-standard for Peter....its as if he doesnt like the popularity PD gets..unlike Ruth of course gets a free reign of Dee's songs...but then again Bob likes Ruthy....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

seagull wrote: »

When they are not doing well they keep quite, all radio stations release their figures when its good news. Here they have largely remain the same.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

When they are not doing well they keep quite, all radio stations release their figures when its good news. Here they have largely remain the same.

If they've remained the same from the good old days then that's great for nova. I honestly don't know anybody still listening.

If they've remained the same from the good old days then that's great for nova. I honestly don't know anybody still listening.

I tried but soon got fed up AGAIN....man that Hayes gob$hite is on more than actual music....i'd love to slap him in the face with a wet Conor Mc Gregor....:rolleyes:

Flicked on the radio just now while I was making a cuppa..it had been on Nova for Greg the other night...what's on..De La Soul...Me myself and I.....brilliant...happy out......tanx Colm....Bob likey .:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭prunudo

On a station claiming to cater for rock and guitar music :pac:

Whats all this Metallica stuff theyre playing....oh yeah, the licence is due for renewal.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Whats all this Metallica stuff theyre playing....oh yeah, the licence is due for renewal.....;)

What did they play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Enjoyed the breakfast show this morning. Liam is so much better than Hayes, the music was better as well. The fact the show actually started at 6am was great. It went downhill a little bit when Lucy arrived at 7am but still better than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Yeah_Right wrote: »
      Enjoyed the breakfast show this morning. Liam is so much better than Hayes, the music was better as well. The fact the show actually started at 6am was great. It went downhill a little bit when Lucy arrived at 7am but still better than usual.

I don't get into the car until 7:40, so I never hear the beginning.

So does Hayes usually do 6-7 on his ownio? And what do you mean "actually started at 6"? What usually happens?

Jesus wept...turned on the radio and "that" show was on..That Kennedy one is such a dope, or she's been working with/for Hayes too long her brain is dehydrated..they were discussing "Soak", that new band (awful imo) that they never stop playing and Kennedy thought that was the girls name....:rolleyes:

She's really playing the gobsh1te very well....

Jesus wept...turned on the radio and "that" show was on..That Kennedy one is such a dope, or she's been working with/for Hayes too long her brain is dehydrated..they were discussing "Soak", that new band (awful imo) that they never stop playing and Kennedy thought that was the girls name....:rolleyes:

She's really playing the gobsh1te very well....
      Soak is a solo artist. It's the stage name of Derry singer-songwriter Bridie Monds-Watson. I saw her with the Stone Roses a few years ago.

• Advertisement

Soak is a solo artist. It's the stage name of Derry singer-songwriter Bridie Monds-Watson. I saw her with the Stone Roses a few years ago.

(My emphasis)
      "...Stage name..."

That's the point. Lucy thought it was her actual name!

So what does everyone think of new weekend afternoon presenter Neil Molloy? Also it is nice to see Ruth still getting shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I don't get into the car until 7:40, so I never hear the beginning.

So does Hayes usually do 6-7 on his ownio? And what do you mean "actually started at 6"? What usually happens?

6 to 7am every day is the previous day's show repeated.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
      6 to 7am every day is the previous day's show repeated.

I never knew that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Is John Clarke still on at 7am Sunday mornings, after him coming back to Nova?

Is John Clarke still on at 7am Sunday mornings, after him coming back to Nova?

Don't think so. You missed nothing anyway. Wasn't doing his jukebox anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

AlgerShane wrote: »
      Don't think so. You missed nothing anyway. Wasn't doing his jukebox anymore.

aware it was just a normal show. so he was only back for one day?

aware it was just a normal show. so he was only back for one day?

Seems like it. He said a 7-10 am gig was on the horizon but yet TBC. Hearing him play Two Door Cinema Club and Arctic Monkeys confirmed it's non-jukebox related status. But hey, maybe if this "radical thing " is going nationwide , perhaps Clarkie will bring his jukebox back.

:p...this is me, biting my tongue.....;)

• Advertisement

:p...this is me, biting my tongue.....;)

It certainly seems like they're heading that direction anyway.

Advertisement