Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,563 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

J6P wrote: »
    Can you link to where the DAA have stated that?

My understanding was that they would be appealling for all restrictions to be lifted.

https://www.dublinairport.com/north-runway/latest-news-downloads/faqs

I don't have time to look now, but the notion that they need dual runway operations all night long is daft. They don't and they won't. There is a need up to midnight and from 06:00 when flight operations are busiest.

The key periods are at night when the Ryanair fleet is returning to base between 22:00 and midnight, and then in the morning when short haul operations start up - particularly between 06:00 and 07:30 - there's limited scope for extra flights earlier than that as demand is not really there.

The proposed restriction on aircraft movements between 11:00 and 07:00 is far too restrictive on Aer Lingus and Ryanair short haul fleet - they need the extra hour at either end to be unrestricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Tenger wrote: »
    I believe runway ops are closed between 0100-0500 at the moment.
    Early arrivals can land at 0430ish. Obviously they aren’t as loud so are they discounted?

Not discounted, J6P implied night flights would increase when the reality is there might be a handful of extra flights but nothing significant.
    Can you link to where the DAA have stated that?

My understanding was that they would be appealling for all restrictions to be lifted.

https://www.dublinairport.com/north-...downloads/faqs

Problem with restrictions is there is around 25 more aircraft arriving/departing between 23.00-07.00 today than would be allowed under with the second runway. So in 2021 under current restrictions there would be less flights.

If the cap was realistic and open to a review every 3-5 years we wouldn't have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Do they not have a chief whip? Surely if they do then they need a new one and the TDs that allowed this to happen will get punished behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Blut2

Absolutely ridiculous carry-on:
    Only 29 Government-supporting TDs were present for the vote, which was lost by 34 to 29 votes. There are 49 Fine Gael TDs.

To lose an important vote for the future of the country because you can't even get your own party TDs to show up to vote is a shambles. For once Shane Ross is right - Fine Gael are completely to blame for this mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Phen2206

Blut2 wrote: »
    For once Shane Ross is right - Fine Gael are completely to blame for this mess.
    Absolutely. However I wouldn't panic yet. Even if this ludicrous limitation does manage to make it into law, the minute they try to enforce it, the law will quickly be reversed. Airlines will threaten to cancel flights/pull out of Dublin if they are going to be hit with continuous fines for breaching noise limits. When this reality hits, the Government will not want to be responsible for a reduction in pax numbers/overall business in DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Phen2206 wrote: »
    Absolutely. However I wouldn't panic yet. Even if this ludicrous limitation does manage to make it into law, the minute they try to enforce it, the law will quickly be reversed. Airlines will threaten to cancel flights/pull out of Dublin if they are going to be hit with continuous fines for breaching noise limits. When this reality hits, the Government will not want to be responsible for a reduction in pax numbers/overall business in DUB.

Want to bet, Phen? If this bunch are anything to go by on their track record, they will only make a move after the horse has bolted.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I hate to bring up this old chestnut again, but are the self-service passport machines still being used?

I ask because I haven't seen them open in 2019 despite very regular trips through the airport.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Noxegon wrote: »
    I hate to bring up this old chestnut again, but are the self-service passport machines still being used?

I ask because I haven't seen them open in 2019 despite very regular trips through the airport.

Yes were open the 2 times I've passed through this year. The manual stations are faster from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

I see they have renamed alot of taxiways in the latest AIP update namely Bravo is now Sierra, the runway turnoffs have been renamed S1-S7 and we now have W1-W3. I presume when the new runway opens the taxiways around it will be November making it a north/south split.

b2330bbad9abe41ec069830d68042e02.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

They could have at least kept the numerical names the same .i.e. the old E6 is now S5. E3 is now S2. Bit confusing.
    And what was wrong with retaining the H2 and M2 taxiway names?!

Sometimes I think the IAA enjoy making things overly complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,294 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

When is the new runway expected to be finished?

And have they killed off those ludicrous operational restrictions that were going to be in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Bsal wrote: »
    I see they have renamed alot of taxiways in the latest AIP update namely Bravo is now Sierra, the runway turnoffs have been renamed S1-S7 and we now have W1-W3. I presume when the new runway opens the taxiways around it will be November making it a north/south split.

b2330bbad9abe41ec069830d68042e02.png

And also the taxiways H1 to P1 will become E. So we’ll have N, S, W, E.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Katcosy

They could have at least kept the numerical names the same .i.e. the old E6 is now S5. E3 is now S2. Bit confusing.
    And what was wrong with retaining the H2 and M2 taxiway names?!

Sometimes I think the IAA enjoy making things overly complicated.

This is the DAA responsibility NOT the IAA. Following a study by an outside agency to line up with best European practice. It is not confusing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

lawred2 wrote: »
    When is the new runway expected to be finished?

And have they killed off those ludicrous operational restrictions that were going to be in place?
    1- 2021

2-You could read the posts above to discover 'no' is the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,294 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Tenger wrote: »
    1- 2021

2-You could read the posts above to discover 'no' is the answer

sorry - tx

Not only has it not been resolved but I see our dopes in the Dail have actually made things a little worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Plenty of roadbridge vehicles around the site of new runway the last 2 weeks,between what looks like a new perimeter road and now digging in the middle of the field

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What's the story with the new piers due to be built?

Still have not seen any actual designs or even planning docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Katcosy wrote:
    Following a study by an outside agency to line up....... It is not confusing.

Ask the pilots visiting Dublin and they'll say otherwise.

What's the story with the new piers due to be built?

Still have not seen any actual designs or even planning docs.

Charges and Capital spend for 2019 will not be announced for a few months by the regulators. They need approval.

Pier F was 2023/2024 completion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sorry if this has been asked already but there's now 4,311 posts in this thread.....

Will runway 16/34 remain after the north runway is opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭plodder

Was flying in with Ryanair from Hamburg today and it was very busy at both ends, but there was a delay of the incoming aircraft, caused by a long taxiing delay leaving Dublin earlier. That had a bizarre knock-on effect, with four bus loads of passengers waiting at the plane to board in Hamburg, but couldn't, because there was no buses to take the arriving passengers away, adding another 15 minutes of delay. That was obviously a resource issue in Hamburg but triggered by congestion in Dublin due to the lack of a parallel runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rojomur

coylemj wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already but there's now 4,311 posts in this thread.....

Will runway 16/34 remain after the north runway is opened?

Yes 16/34 will remain in service under current plans.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

plodder wrote: »
    Was flying in with Ryanair from Hamburg today and it was very busy at both ends, but there was a delay of the incoming aircraft, caused by a long taxiing delay leaving Dublin earlier. That had a bizarre knock-on effect, with four bus loads of passengers waiting at the plane to board in Hamburg, but couldn't, because there was no buses to take the arriving passengers away, adding another 15 minutes of delay. That was obviously a resource issue in Hamburg but triggered by congestion in Dublin due to the lack of a parallel runway.

Air traffic management is pretty poor in Dublin compared to its peers across Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Nibs05 wrote: »

Presume it will be where the previous extension of the T1 baggage hall is. Right next to the T2 baggage hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It says in the article where it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

MJohnston wrote: »
    It says in the article where it is!

You have to admit that in this case a photo was a thousand words. Except if someone is born and bred in DUB and knows every single building..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

2cf3abn.jpg
    nbucuc.jpg
    qqq2p3.jpg

Dublin airport's new tower from the Three Rock with the the Mountains of Mourne or Cooley in the background.

• Advertisement

Regulator propose 15% cut in airport charges, daa not reacted well. Not looked at the proposals however I think CAR view on quality service for passengers differs to mine and others.

https://www.aviationreg.ie/news/commission-publishes-draft-determination-on-dublin-airport-charges-2020-2024.898.html

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/daa-extremely-concerned-at-aviation-regulator's-proposed-charges

Advertisement